Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mint_Fox

Mirror madness?

Its a shame Puel is so flat and seems dull in press conferences etc = that really doesn't help his case.   Even if he did manage to actually crack a joke last one.  He'll have till October and we are in bottom 3 before the knives come out and prob only if Rafa is availiable

What utter tripe!! I actually saw players playing for their manager and enjoying it, which shows to me he's won the players back. He needed preseason to sort out his team, to get ideas across and to mould them into what he wanted. Based on what I saw on Friday, it's a good start (not result though) but everyone was positive, even after the game. Fans were positive, players and manager.

Maybe puel has stamped his authority on the squad? Maybe the reason the assistant manager left was because he was giving mixed messages to the team? Maybe the players have realised puel has a ruthless streak in him and isn't afraid now to drop big names and they've recognised that?  I don't know, but I felt quite positive after Friday and I was expecting a thumping. 

Getting rid of a manager in 3 games time is bonkers and we'll have to start again...AGAIN!!

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, hackneyfoxx said:

Its a shame Puel is so flat and seems dull in press conferences etc = that really doesn't help his case.   Even if he did manage to actually crack a joke last one.  He'll have till October and we are in bottom 3 before the knives come out and prob only if Rafa is availiable

I get the feeling that's a franch thing. Lots of French people sound bored and monotoned I've notice. 

I do not believe the Henry link but there could be foundation in the rest of the story....

Personally I would have fired him at the end of last season but to give him the window and just 3 games would be strange however I am not convinced he is the right man to build our clubs future but 100% hope to be wrong.

Numerous concerns:

Infactuation with certain players - Chilwell and Morgan.

Amartey in a traditional right back when Simpson is clearly a better full back

Enough creativity 

Striker options if Vardy is injured

More possession but at times it is ponderous and doesn’t use any pace

CP does not inspire and I think in 6 games time we will know more but I think the owners knew we needed to freshen the squad and a new apppointment would have struggled to do that hence keeping him but the undertones of discontentment and lack of fanfare about the new season suggests they maybe worried.

For the promising new signings in Maddison and Ricardo I fear for a lack of goals and a 2-1defeat against a very average United where despite possession we never really threatened especially second half. We need to evolve but some of the decisions are baffling and the next few weeks will be interesting - the owners don’t want another under performance and are ambitious so I would not be surprised if they act quick if the signs are not good!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

No chance. 

It's all just paper talk, if we were going to get rid of Puel it would have been at the end of last season, give him a chance, what I saw on Friday I was impressed with the performance, at times we played man u off the park, so all those journalists out there jog on and find something else to write about, IDIOTS 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hackneyfoxx said:

On what basis is Rafa available? 

5 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Ridiculous article.

Though I’d actually be quite happy with a TH appointment over Puel.

Why? Henry has never managed before. 

Plus, the FT knives will be out for him after 6 weeks anyway.

1 minute ago, Koke said:

Why? Henry has never managed before. 

Plus, the FT knives will be out for him after 6 weeks anyway.

I’ve read good things. The English guy who has asssisted Roberto for the past decade also was convinced that Arsenal missed a trick in not appointing him in the summer. He genuinely thinks he’ll be a world beater in both tactics and player management.

8 hours ago, Robin JD Popley said:

Henry not getting the Villa job after be a shoe-in will have made him re-evaulate his options. I think after how we played last night, Claude deserves a fair crack of the whip, but we know from the past how these things alter. If he was sacked, Henry would be a very good bet, but I'd rather us not keep chopping and changing, as it does not help us build long term. We need stability as a club both on and off the pitch, a five year plan as such. 

Whatever happens - we need to run with something, long term. Be that Puel or Henry.

I'm sure I'm not the only one fed up of having a new manager each year.

I despise clubs that sack managers every year, I really don't want Leicester to be seen as one of those clubs.

• Like 2

This is the problem we were facing, the horrific end to last season and the abuse from the fans means the press were always going to shit stir. This story is probably complete conjecture but if we don't pick up a point out the next 2-3 games then it would be no surprise if Puel was at risk. The issue I have is any new manager has to fit the long term plan of being very pro young players and blend a style of play of being comfortable in possession but fast and direct when the chance arises.

Martinez is heinous at picking a balanced side, he's like Marco Silva in being very naive defensively and we've had too many issues at the back and are trying to rectify it with the summer signings. If Puel goes 3-4-1-2 then we will get top 7 and he'll be sound.

No direct quotes in that article so probably made up. However, Puel is a very lucky man to still be in a job . The Owners gave him a second chance he probably didn't deserve. If it looks like Puel hasn't improved the atmosphere around the place over the summer, both at the training ground and the stadium, it won't take many defeats for the axe to fall. Not rocket science really.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Edit.. 

When Puel is sacked.... 

As with death and taxes, this is also certain.......

the owners will wait and see the mindset/attitude of the players against wolves and soton. If it seems flat then they will act for sure (as they did with shakey last year when the boys seemed up for the big teams and not the others).

However, bringing in roberto is not the answer. our problems remain defensive strategy and he has shown at everton that he lacks nouse in this area. Anyone quoting the Belgian experience to me - forget it- my gran could get them to WC third and she’s been dead forty years!  He messed up with his squad (full back/wing) back in Russia and got away without criticism. 

Henry has no experience - as lampard is finding out at derby, it’s tough.  Would only want to see the manager replaced by better and other than Benitez (who may jump ship given his treatment there), who is available???

• Like 2