Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mint_Fox

Mirror madness?

4 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Played well first half against a p*** poor United, they really were very average.People getting carried away by this display just as they did when we beat Arsenal when suddenly large numbers jumped back on the Puel in bandwagon after months of garbage.

Thought as a commentator for the club Mr. Stringer, you're meant to say positive things when the team wins?..:whistle:

The mirror lol 

Thierry Henry lol 

Roberto Martinez :facepalm:

Puel obviously won't be sacked yet; however can I see him finishing the season...pretty unlikely.

Yet again it will all depend how we do against the lower teams, struggle at home again against the likes of Newcastle, Bournemouth, Southampton etc... then obviously he'll be binned.

I feel it could be one of two things - bearing in mind how close he must have been to going after Newcastle and West Ham at home last season you'd think the owners or somebody at the club would be tasked with looking around at potential future managers with a particular eye on the post world cup situation in order to be prepared for our next change as and when it's deemed to be required 

Or alternatively it could be a reverse story ie somebody has heard that the duo are keen to go to club management and the source of the story has gone through the possible clubs ruling out the top six and the lower clubs which may not appeal and noted last seasons poor closing run which finds us prime candidates in their eyes.

I can't see it's a genuine reaction to Fridays match, it's a farsical measurement anyway as both us and our opponents were clearly not ready to be at their best with the squads being affected by returning internationals and late signings.

I'd be completely shocked if Puel was to get sacked. Generally speaking I think that the owners if anything tend to give the manager more time than most. If we're struggling come November then I can see it as a possibility, but I don't think that they're so naive as to offer the job to Henry. Remember they had their finger's burnt before with a big name former player who had relatively little managerial experience (albeit a lot more than Henry).

Certainly a very good performance at Old Trafford isn't the catalyst for a sacking in my view. The club's crying out for stability right now. Clearly there is a strategic vision to develop and foster young player's which goes higher up the hierarchy than Puel. If you're going to take a long term view with regards to developing player's then you have to take the same approach with the manager. Regardless of manager we're not going to get relegated this season that is clear, though if we fail to qualify for Europe I don't think you can pin that on the manager either as the squad currently lacks experience which is natural with such a young group. Unless we're going to go out and recruit someone like Simeone then realistically is there a better manager out there other than Puel who is capable of working and succeeding with with such team?!? 

After an entire pre-season and the new signings, it’s too early for us to even contemplate replacing the manager. Unless something amazing comes available, it would be foolish for us to “start again” this early in the campaign. If they wanted him gone, they should’ve done it at the start of the summer.

I think Mourinho’s tactics flattered us a bit, and they actually looked dangerous the few times they set out to attack, but you can’t help who you play. 

Perhaps this story Tory is a smokescreen from United: spurned and trolled by us over Maguire, flattered by the score line, and knee deep in Mourinho’s third-season sh*t, they may very well be lining up a replacement for The Special One. 

Edited by The_77

Acquiring a new manager is rarely as organised as this, even the biggest clubs aren't always able to have their choice of manager and have to have whoever is available when events lead to a sacking.

It's like buying a house, you only have short window to buy whatever's available once you've sold.

I can't actually think of an occasion where a manager has been sacked simply for the reason that another better option has become available.

Ironic that the press complain about fake news, then publish this b0llucks story. They tried to get Henry a job at Villa, that never worked so they've turned their attention to us.  Living up to their presstitute name. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Wizard said:

If you're Puel in or out we really need to get behind the bloke n give him a chance a period of stability. I think we can all see the changes and take the positives from Friday..It would be nice if will all pull together as one like we did in our 1st season back, we all no what can happen if the team & fans become one, win or lose as long as their giving 100%.....give the guy some time now he's had a pre-season..stuff the press..#Lestagainstheworld

Boy this from the wizard go on my son ?

• Haha 2

Maybe the mirror journalist heard something about Henry and Leicester and thought that he was lined up for the manager's job.

My theory is that maybe Puel and the owners want Henry for the assistant manager's job as he did brilliant with Belgium. And maybe Henry thinks if he can't get a manager's job then he should go for assistant manager.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fazzyfox said:

I feel it could be one of two things - bearing in mind how close he must have been to going after Newcastle and West Ham at home last season you'd think the owners or somebody at the club would be tasked with looking around at potential future managers with a particular eye on the post world cup situation in order to be prepared for our next change as and when it's deemed to be required 

Or alternatively it could be a reverse story ie somebody has heard that the duo are keen to go to club management and the source of the story has gone through the possible clubs ruling out the top six and the lower clubs which may not appeal and noted last seasons poor closing run which finds us prime candidates in their eyes.

I can't see it's a genuine reaction to Fridays match, it's a farsical measurement anyway as both us and our opponents were clearly not ready to be at their best with the squads being affected by returning internationals and late signings.

We never have a back up plan. Any firing of Puel will be met with a search from scratch for a new manager, usually a result of what managers that are out of work have applied for the position. 

I think he'll be gone very quickly as our fans are too far down the path with Puel to withstand a run of more than a couple of bad results. I guarantee if we don't win on Saturday, this place will be littered with posts that he has to go.

I'm not sure Puel is the right man but the way he's changing up the old guard and trying to build something here is the right thing to do. If he does indeed go for whatever reason then I'll be fcukin livid if we don't do our due diligence on the next man. He must be a builder, a visionary who wants a young team with the intention to improve them. Otherwise yet again it's been a waste of time and money. We are seeing how difficult it is to offload Ranieri and Walsh's shit they signed, the signings Puel and Macia have made are encouraging but a new man might want his own in and some of these will never get a chance and we'll take a huge hit on them once again.

I'm praying we get the win on Saturday and follow it up with a result at Southampton, it would be superb to see Puel build a future here. We must forget last season, however hard that is.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, KJT said:

Maybe the mirror journalist heard something about Henry and Leicester and thought that he was lined up for the manager's job.

My theory is that maybe Puel and the owners want Henry for the assistant manager's job as he did brilliant with Belgium. And maybe Henry thinks if he can't get a manager's job then he should go for assistant manager.

For sure what you say is possible. Whats almost certain though, is that its made up nonsense designed to act as click bait to increase sales or web site visits

Edited by Jacnah

It's Henry's agent doing the rounds, Henry desperate to get a job seems funny how it's two midlands clubs he's been linked with over the last two weeks. Has he bought a new house round here or summit?... He'll probably be linked to the Stoke job next. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

We need to give puel until the end of the season.

unless we look like we are in danger of going down at Christmas we should stick with him.

I class myself as neither Puel in it Puel out. I’m a city fan and just want the best for the club.

this season is a transitional period. We are going in a new direction. It’s about building for the future. If that means finishing 15th then so be it. Sometimes you have to go backwards to go forwards.

if we do finish in the bottom half with few positives to take from the season, then come the summer it would be worth seeing what the other options are. But right now, this season, Puel is our man and we need to back him with our support.

he needs the backing from the fans, we need the stadium atmosphere that we had when we won the league. Let’s get the KP rocking like it used to, put our faith in the wierd French b*stard and are where it takes us!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kingfox said:

The mirror lol 

Thierry Henry lol 

Roberto Martinez :facepalm:

Puel obviously won't be sacked yet; however can I see him finishing the season...pretty unlikely.

Yet again it will all depend how we do against the lower teams, struggle at home again against the likes of Newcastle, Bournemouth, Southampton etc... then obviously he'll be binned.

Why would you be surprised if Puel was still here at the end of the season unless you have a bias against him?

I would argue that his first season here he met his objectives by keeping us up and he only bought Diabate for £2m whilst assessing the squad for their ability to play the way he wanted.

He's bought in a lot of new players and got rid of plenty of other and attempted to shift more which looks like it will be loans. The real litmus test on his tenure here is with what he does this season. At Man Utd we dominated possession, shots and goal expectation and were easier on the eye than our opponents. On the evidence of that one game he is taking us forwards. The real test will be in the performances and results of the first couple of months but I like what I've seen so far and we've exceeded my expectation in our play despite the defeat.

3 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Yes, one thing we lack is a chant for him - needs some loud and brave souls to get something going.

On which, some guys behind me were making me laugh on Friday - every time Maguire got the ball, they urged him to 'MARAUD!'

Puel

youre not a fool

claude Puel

youre not a fool ?

It has to be tabloid bull ?. Sihthousery from the mirror. I want Puel to be given every chance to succeed. He’s done a lot of things right this pre season, particularly moving on or away from the 1st team players who have run their course at the club. He likes to bring young players through and his football needs to be assessed now he has more of his type of players in the first team. He’s had to contend with the loss of Mahrez and the absence of many of his squad due to the World Cup. He needs at least half a season to be assessed IMO. If it all goes wrong then for me there would be only one option...Nigel Graham Pearson.

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

Why would you be surprised if Puel was still here at the end of the season unless you have a bias against him?

I would argue that his first season here he met his objectives by keeping us up and he only bought Diabate for £2m whilst assessing the squad for their ability to play the way he wanted.

He's bought in a lot of new players and got rid of plenty of other and attempted to shift more which looks like it will be loans. The real litmus test on his tenure here is with what he does this season. At Man Utd we dominated possession, shots and goal expectation and were easier on the eye than our opponents. On the evidence of that one game he is taking us forwards. The real test will be in the performances and results of the first couple of months but I like what I've seen so far and we've exceeded my expectation in our play despite the defeat.

Because the jury is still out on him, I have no agenda against him, I'd like to see him prove me wrong from last season and become a success, as of now I have doubt because of the way we played at the back end of last season. As I said it all depends on how we look against the lesser teams, start beating the likes of Newcastle, Southampton and Bournemouth at home then of course he'll stay.

This is the season where we need to adapt to his style and quick, we've had pre season to work on his methods, Man Utd was a positive performance, we need to see the same against Wolves then Southampton away, games we should be winning.

6 hours ago, Gerard said:

We've just bought three CB's this window all who have been linked with elite clubs and cost us the best part of £40m, Morgan is holding the fort nothing more.

I don't understand the flak Chilwell gets, he's a 21 yo academy graduate whose been around the team for about three seasons. He has everything you want in a modern full back. Even watching the game on Friday with my mate he said "he has no end product". I replied he's a fcuking full back. Just leaving this here comparing  our left back Chilwell to Zaha the £70m rated attacking midfielder.

http://www2.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#premier_league/2017/2018/wilfried_zaha/819/819/4942/169/p|premier_league/2017/2018/ben_chilwell/819/819/19059/0/p#assists/key_passes/chances_created#90

We have three decent striking options for one No9 place in Vardy, Iheanacho and Okazaki, I think that's ample. Puel has a nice problem in he'd like to squeeze Iheanacho in the team but if Vardy plays he has to play him as a No10 and shift Maddison to the right. An injury to one of those three solves that problem or we can see rotation.

We will see as the season transpires....

IMO Chilwell could be improving two areas in his final ball and defending - he could also be learning from the best left back I have seen in Fuchs as his delivery is quality - just because he is 21 does not mean he cannot be criticised although I do not blame him I just think he needs managing carefully - time will tell if he is able to fulfil his potential, For what its worth I thought he was excellent at Lille and very positive in his running against United but could be even better.

I disagree with you on the striking options as I do not believe that we have a different option now Ulloa and Slim have gone and we could do with another quick striker but all about opinions.

I want CP to succeed but do not see it happening so far.....

1 hour ago, SheppyFox said:

I’m sorry but if you can’t see the positives that are happening under Puel, including the transfers being acquired and the air of dominance we now have even away at one of the biggest clubs in the world then you’ll never be happy. Some fans have had it in for Puel since his first interview and frankly it’s wearing thin. 

It's getting on my fricking nerves....Silly and immature hate campaign.....

• Like 1