Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

Just now, SO1 said:

Playgrounds and if your lucky Dad to set up a hoop on the Garage. and a ball. Endless days when I was a kid playing one, two, three a side on a half court. A community.

Wish "soccer' was as accessible in the US as that. The more organized it is the more expensive it is.

Jumpers for goalposts that’s all we had.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Nah it's a news aggregator site. In every article they cite what it is they wrote about. They basically just rehash articles in other languages most of the time. Here's the link they provide for that quote: https://www.brila.net/ndidi-bigger-than-leicester-city-oliseh/

Useful mainly for finding transfer links from foreign leagues I've found.

Thanks. I need to look harder and if they have links to sources then that's excellent. So much crap on the internet and not enough time to sift through it all.

5 minutes ago, davieG said:

Jumpers for goalposts that’s all we had.

That's it. Creativity at its finest. Dirt patches and paper plates for bases.(baseball)

6 minutes ago, Beechey said:

And the endless arguments about how high the goal should go given it was just 2 jumpers

Negotiation 101

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

I genuinely know a couple of lads who "support" Barcelona and wear their tops down the pub. Both pricks tbf. 

If you have two dicks that are big enough for a Barca shirt then you can support who the hell you like - wow !

Edited by st albans fox

1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

You were lucky. We had to use our trousers and pants but thought that was standard at my Catholic boarding school

Jumpers and Pants!..

That's luxury!!.

You lucky bas tard!!!..

When our Dad played football with us kids he used to cut the heads off 3 of our friends, use 2 as goal posts and the other was the ball.

You jammy, lucky bas tard.

Edited by weller54
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Bear said:

I genuinely know a couple of lads who "support" Barcelona and wear their tops down the pub. Both pricks tbf. 

I love it when i meet a 'fan' of team a long way away, i always ask how often they get to the games, usually to the repsonse of i have never been.

so i reel of the times i have been to their ground.

i would do the same with your Barcelona firends as i have been to the Camp Nou twice to see Barcelona play (once randomly on my own, once when i went to spain with my girlfirend, who had no idea i was gonna do it).

I know there is a thread for making fun of other fans, but i always take the opportunity to wind up so called fans of man utd, liverpool, arsenal etc.

A bit about us disrupting the traditional big 6 in the next decade and how it might not be labeled the big 6 any more... 

Are we set for the most open decade since the 1960s?

Leicester's title win in 2016 is possibly the most crucial event of recent Premier League history, especially as we near the final stages of a season in which at least two, maybe more, of the Big Six won't finish in the top six (and Leicester almost certainly will).

It reinforced the idea of the Premier League as the most compelling competition in the world, which maintained the league's broadcast revenue, which has allowed well-run clubs like Leicester and Wolves to progress through shrewd management and clever recruitment.

Liverpool's current untouchable status at the top is largely down to the same factors, and it feels like any post-Big Six era will involve more clubs rather than fewer.

Leicester, Wolves, Everton and possibly Newcastle and Aston Villa have got most of the building blocks needed to make the 2020s potentially the most egalitarian decade since the 1960s, when Burnley, Spurs, Ipswich, Everton, Liverpool, Manchester United, Manchester City and Leeds all won league titles.

The great fear of the Big Four era was that Chelsea would dominate English football for decades, but that didn't happen. The nagging anxiety of the Big Six era was that Manchester City would do likewise. Again, it didn't happen. No team has won more than three league titles in a row in England, which makes it unusual among major championships.

The Bundesliga is often cited as a shining example of equality, yet Bayern Munich have won the last seven league titles and have just moved ominously into first place in the table.

In contrast, there's an inbuilt competitiveness in the English top flight which seems to be able to survive any amount of financial disparity and wild investment.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51362472

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

A bit about us disrupting the traditional big 6 in the next decade and how it might not be labeled the big 6 any more... 

man city have just won two on the trot with  ridiculous points totals and both domestic trophies to boot ………………… and they have spent the most money …… i disagree with the last sentence of the article …. there will be exceptions but the general rule is that he who pays the piper ………..

42 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Interesting article overall. The league has been in transition really since Fergie retired. We exploited that in 2015/16 and, IMO, are responsible for sending Man Utd and Arsenal into further chaos. Possibly Everton too - they nicked Walsh off us and tried to spend their way to reclaiming a spot in the top 6. Man City and now Liverpool have both spent hundreds of millions in building a team that could be unbeatable and dominate - Man City won 2018 by 19 points, Liverpool came second by 1 point but were 15 points ahead of third in 2019, and now could legitimately win the league by 20-30 points.

I said at the start of the season that we should be aiming for third - a bit of that was hubris, a bit of that was also looking at the chaos going on still at Man Utd and Arsenal, Tottenham's malaise and Chelsea being in transition. I didn't expect Man City to have such an off season, but if we could regain our form and finish 2nd, we should take it. 

I've said again and again on these pages - this is our chance. We don't have to be challenging for a title right now, especially when Liverpool (and occasionally Man City) are so strong. Let them get on with it and do our own thing. We should be solidifying our place in the Top 4, adapting to regular Champions League football and challenging in the domestic cups. Sort of like Spurs have done, but with trophies, I hope. 

This is our chance and we're taking it.

• Like 2

I was not really know where to put this but I think this thread would do...the winter break is making some people post very odd things. I can't unsee some of these pictures so I though everyone should be inflicted with this. 

10 minutes ago, Fox7 said:

I was not really know where to put this but I think this thread would do...the winter break is making some people post very odd things. I can't unsee some of these pictures so I though everyone should be inflicted with this. 

ban.JPG.1db6d912ec91063e8fa02261222ba7ba.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Fox7 said:

Oh I know where, I know!!!

image.jpeg.5893af45dd39ab9a736df2a0d2cc46b0.jpeg

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but either way: https://www.againstleague3.co.uk/2020/02/02/2019-english-footballs-best-owners/

Top officially voted the second best owner in English Football, but if you look at the breakdown he out scores Accrington Stanley’s Andy Holt by miles in every department. After dubious (at best) ownership in the past, we all know how lucky we are. Hopefully we show Top and his family just how much they mean to us.

(p.s. be forewarned, there are some horrendous attempts at Vichai’s name in here) 

1 hour ago, Fox7 said:

Who is this James Charles woman and why does she have a man's name?

• Thanks 1