Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

44 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Oliseh tells Ndidi to leave "average" Leicester

I don't understand this point of view. He has a player, playing in the top four of the premier league on a regular basis. Yes, there are bigger clubs but we are quite obviously a team changing the dynamics of English football. The irony when such people quote Man City (who basically did the same thing ten years ago) as the big club he should move to. 

'he isn't the tallest like me ' ……..  no, if anything, he's marginally taller than you, you absolute cretin of a man …..i'm sure he will take lots of advice from someone who has watched him so much, he clearly doesn't even know who wilf is!!!

Edited by st albans fox

44 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I don't understand this point of view. He has a player, playing in the top four of the premier league on a regular basis. Yes, there are bigger clubs but we are quite obviously a team changing the dynamics of English football. The irony when such people quote Man City (who basically did the same thing ten years ago) as the big club he should move to. 

'with all due respect'. that's like when someone says you're shit then immediately says 'no offence'

51 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Okay, so a team that has won the title recently and now 3rd looking good for CL football is average

38 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

'he isn't the tallest like me ' ……..  no, if anything, he's marginally taller than you, you absolute cretin of a man …..i'm sure he will take lots of advice from someone who has watched him so much, he clearly doesn't even know who wilf is!!!

I think that's the thing as well. Wilf's career has benefited from his time at Leicester - the coaching, the exposure etc. I would be very surprised if Nigerian football and the facilities on offer added anything to his development. Granted, he may have played AGAINST some pretty decent players from other nations but Oliseh and his coaches have probably added slim to none to his actual development compared to those he has worked with at Leicester.

6 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

An Arsenal fan from Chennai commented on John Percy's Maddison article saying "Irrelevant player, small club" lol

Glory hunters are a plague on football. Thank god not everyone is as thick and plastic as them, there would be about 6 teams. I love reading their reasons for choosing Liverpool, United etc. 

I love that we're upsetting these "global" clubs. Fans from all over have quite literally chosen the best teams on TV and we're still better than them.

Seeing lots of these morons lose the plot because football hasn't turned out the way they expected makes our improvement even more enjoyable.

• Like 1

Sunday’s pearls of wisdom 

“When you see him doing what he’s doing in a club that is average, with all due respect, like Leicester, imagine what Ndidi will do if he was playing at Manchester City” 

Errm, pretty much the same to be honest Sunday. He’d just continue being the best defensive midfielder in the league . 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, z-layrex said:

Is everyone on that continent a glory hunter.

Sitting in front of a tv no doubt wearing a Man Utd/Arsenal/Chelsea/Liverpool shirt, a thousand miles from the city where they’ve never been to, and the team they’ve picked to support because they were the best team at the time.

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Sitting in front of a tv no doubt wearing a Man Utd/Arsenal/Chelsea/Liverpool shirt, a thousand miles from the city where they’ve never been to, and the team they’ve picked to support because they were the best team at the time.

What do you feel is the ‘correct’ way for international fans to pick a PL team to support, if they haven’t got a connection to anywhere in the country. Surely the sarcasm should be reserved for those born in the UK who do this.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, brucey said:

What do you feel is the ‘correct’ way for international fans to pick a PL team to support, if they haven’t got a connection to anywhere in the country. Surely the sarcasm should be reserved for those born in the UK who do this.

Support their local side instead of one so far away, they do have football in other countries, it’s like me deciding to support Barcelona. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Support their local side instead of one so far away, they do have football in other countries, it’s like me deciding to support Barcelona. 

What’s worse is, I’ve noticed a rise in football supporters here who support a player, rather than a team. Ronaldo being the main example, one minute they have a  Madrid shirt on, the next it’s Juve or an Old Man Utd shirt because their a Ronaldo supporter.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Most of the countries you speak of don’t play professional football to any decent standard, never having qualified for the World Cup etc. I’m sure a few of them support their local clubs which are equivalent to English non-league club standard. You can support more than one club, including all of Coalville, Leicester and Barcelona if you so wish.

Much of the PL TV money comes from overseas TV rights. You’re saying the hundreds of millions of overseas PL viewers should watch it as a neutral, refusing to let themselves be drawn into the excitement, drama and rivalry, which is really what football is all about.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Tbf when these countries have had Premier League football regularly broadcast to their drinking venues and living rooms it probably doesn't feel as weird to pick a team from the league to support, it's only natural that these fans will mostly gravitate towards the most successful clubs.  It's better than kids from Birmingham supporting Liverpool to use one example I'm associated with.

5 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Sport Witness is absolute trash. Made up rumour mill Garbage.

54 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I'm not watching the crap soccer being played in my country. Until I see it played on the street by poor and working class kids.

Not rich kids in the suburbs whose parents can enroll them in a league for hundreds of dollars and drive them all over town.

Soccer moms total BS. And there is a difference between Bob Ross and Rembrandt. :whistle:

1 hour ago, SO1 said:

I'm not watching the crap soccer being played in my country. Until I see it played on the street by poor and working class kids.

Not rich kids in the suburbs whose parents can enroll them in a league for hundreds of dollars and drive them all over town.

Soccer moms total BS. And there is a difference between Bob Ross and Rembrandt. :whistle:

Just through interest,what is the working class kids sport in the States?Im guessing basketball 

2 hours ago, SO1 said:

Sport Witness is absolute trash. Made up rumour mill Garbage.

Nah it's a news aggregator site. In every article they cite what it is they wrote about. They basically just rehash articles in other languages most of the time. Here's the link they provide for that quote: https://www.brila.net/ndidi-bigger-than-leicester-city-oliseh/

Useful mainly for finding transfer links from foreign leagues I've found.

Edited by Beechey
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

Just through interest,what is the working class kids sport in the States?Im guessing basketball 

Playgrounds and if your lucky Dad to set up a hoop on the Garage. and a ball. Endless days when I was a kid playing one, two, three a side on a half court. A community.

Wish "soccer' was as accessible in the US as that. The more organized it is the more expensive it is.