Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

I was just casually reading  some pre match reviews for our game against West Ham and once again we were labelled as a counter attacking team. Its not the first time we've seen this. Some lazy pundits/journalists trot out that line now and again. Though I'm not quite sure where that label comes from. We haven't played that style of football in like 3 years. Nowadays we completely dominate possession and our full backs spend most of their time near the opposition penalty box.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Koke said:

I was just casually reading  some pre match reviews for our game against West Ham and once again we were labelled as a counter attacking team. Its not the first time we've seen this. Some lazy pundits/journalists trot out that line now and again. Though I'm not quite sure where that label comes from. We haven't played that style of football in like 3 years. Nowadays we completely dominate possession and our full backs spend most of their time near the opposition penalty box.

I assume it's because they only watch us when we play the likes of Man City and Liverpool, and sit deeper. Very annoying, though. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox

2 minutes ago, Walkers said:

I know penalties are still goals but Vardy has scored 1 goal from open play this season, do people really think he's one of the best strikers so far 3 games in once they've taken their blinkers off?

yes, penalties or not, you still have to stick them in, and his goal from open play was sublime.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, joachim1965 said:

yes, penalties or not, you still have to stick them in, and his goal from open play was sublime.

If we had a player in Calvert-Lewin's form and he'd been beaten by someone who had pretty much only scored penalties then the majority would be moaning, lets be honest

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Walkers said:

If we had a player in Calvert-Lewin's form and he'd been beaten by someone who had pretty much only scored penalties then the majority would be moaning, lets be honest

That's not what you asked though.

You asked if he has genuinely been one of the best strikers in the first 3 games. Which he clearly has been.

CL will win POTM, and rightly so, but Vardy has been one of the top performing strikers so far.

19 minutes ago, Koke said:

Well it took about 15 years to shed the tag that we were good from long balls and set pieces. 

So, with past form being taken into account, we'll probably be recognised as a possession based side by the average pundit sometime around 2035. 

7 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Maybe, but still he's won most of these penalties. He's doing his job as a forward and doing it great.

8 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Would you rather have Vardy on your team, or the team you're playing against?

Exactly.

He's just one of those players. Craig Bellamy was similar.

To be fair whilst most of Vardy’s goals have come from 12 yards out, most of DCL goals have come from 2 yards out.

5 goals in 3 games is N outstanding start to the season, no matter where they have come from and both players are outstanding candidates for PotM.

30 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

That's not what you asked though.

You asked if he has genuinely been one of the best strikers in the first 3 games. Which he clearly has been.

CL will win POTM, and rightly so, but Vardy has been one of the top performing strikers so far.

Fair enough but if I have to spell it out (unless you want to put 2 strikers in your 6 a side team) is he the best striker so far this season?

3 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Point proven lol

And it's Podgorica :thumbup:

I literally have no clue what you're on about.

Nice google job though

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Fair enough but if I have to spell it out (unless you want to put 2 strikers in your 6 a side team) is he the best striker so far this season?

I literally have no clue what you're on about.

Nice google job though

Didn't need to Google it, been there. Twice :thumbup: