Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

3 hours ago, 87fox said:

Maybe that's the answer, but that's not the only potential inaccuracy Rob Dorsett appears to spout. See @Ric Flair's post above mine for more.

But maybe it's not the answer. That's why I asked Geoff what his opinion was on it.

Do you really have to butt in and question the validity of my question to Geoff on a football forum designed for discussing such things? No wonder you have so many posts.

Over reaction much? 

I know people tend to have polarised opinions on here but if my memory serves me right @webbo is not generally one of them. 

Note to you, this is not a 1990s chat room. It is a message board, and as such comments breed more. Comments from others. 

May I recommend direct message if you don't want anyone else involved in "your conversation" 

🤣🤪😘

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

@webbo

I made up a name of a fictional Nigerian Under 21 player and got it in the People and a few others. 

Many many moons ago! 

@Bert similarly said kebe was at the training ground once 😱😱😱😡😡😡🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

I actually just dipped in here around the time and even told. People to go there due to excellent itk's. 

I looked a right tit and learned quickly to take these things with a pinch of salt. (after waiting in the wings til he said something I disagreed with and having a right strop/pop at him 🤪

I think I might even have nearly gotten over it (this post is one of my 12 steps 😱😤😂

(I actually think I got over it this week when someone had a right go at him for it recently and he replied that he had more important things in his life. Final step. Peace out @Bert 😂😘 gthey say forgiving someone is the greatest gift we can give to ourself. Thanks for the counselling people) 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Over reaction much? 

I know people tend to have polarised opinions on here but if my memory serves me right @webbo is not generally one of them. 

Note to you, this is not a 1990s chat room. It is a message board, and as such comments breed more. Comments from others. 

May I recommend direct message if you don't want anyone else involved in "your conversation" 

🤣🤪😘

I feel like you're missing the point, or maybe I didn't make it very well – which is very possible.

I'm well aware that comments breed more comments. If someone replies to one of your posts (if they could make any sense of them) dismissing it by saying 'does it really matter?' it's not particularly a) constructive to the ongoing conversation or b) inclusive or welcoming for others who don't post on the forum regularly.

5 hours ago, Webbo said:

If Rob Dorsett said we were going to sign Messi I guarantee there'd be a 40 page thread in the transfer section by tonight, saying he cost too much, where we'd play him, whether he was too old etc. We're all here for something to talk about, none of us are too fussy about the truth. I take everything I hear from the papers with a pinch of salt, doesn't mean I don't like reading it. 

Clubs have no reason to blab about their transfer activity to the media, expect the odd exception clubs who have attention-seeking idiots as owners / managers. I think most of the stuff we read in the 'papers (and, being realistic, Ghanaian sports websites) is placed there by players' agents. Ergo, a lot of it is speculative rubbish but, occasionally, it will be right. Transfer Talk has correctly foretold the signings of most of our players - including Cambiasso; but for every rumour that has come to fruition, there are six or seven that don't. I suppose the fun is just trying to figure out which ones actually are credible. We're never going to have a lot of actual facts to go on, because very few of the journalists have any serious level of inside knowledge. This is not because they're not good at the job, but because clubs actively try to keep details quiet (obviously).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

The training ground is a red herring, we haven’t spent the Maguire or Chilwell money on it, because the loan with Kingpower wouldn’t exist if we had.

Yes it has an impact, but it’ll be flexible as it’s with the owners. So I’d imagine the loan can be extended as needed. But I’d expect we’d want to reduce it by £10m a season at least.

The biggest issue looking at it is wages. We spend vastly more on them than clubs of a similar size. 

Sorry to be pedantic but.... 🤣

Just the first paragraph - the loan wouldn't exist if we had spent all of our money? I get the follow up paragraphs and good business etc. But what am I missing in the 1st? We wouldn't need a loan if we were skint? We only got a loan because we are loaded? 

This is the opposite of how I understand life 😱🤪

37 minutes ago, 87fox said:

I feel like you're missing the point, or maybe I didn't make it very well – which is very possible.

I'm well aware that comments breed more comments. If someone replies to one of your posts (if they could make any sense of them) dismissing it by saying 'does it really matter?' it's not particularly a) constructive to the ongoing conversation or b) inclusive or welcoming for others who don't post on the forum regularly.

Fair comment, they're a right click bunch of bastards on here, I had the same problem, but got more thick skinned as a result of this horrible lot 🤣

Fair comment on not constructive, I got a tldr(too long didn't read) commenton one of my posts once, which I had to ask for the meaning, and when I got it, my angry response was, **** off then if you didn't read it, don't comment 🤣

It felt like the equivalent of shouting boring over other people's conversations 🤣

She turned out to be quite decent in the end though. (I wonder if she remembers it like me and my counsellor still do) 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, 87fox said:

Re missing the point. Very likely, see my previous post, where I am eagerly awaiting an explanation of my full on "whoosh" moment

1 hour ago, gw_leics772 said:

@Bert similarly said kebe was at the training ground once 😱😱😱😡😡😡🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

I actually just dipped in here around the time and even told. People to go there due to excellent itk's. 

I looked a right tit and learned quickly to take these things with a pinch of salt. (after waiting in the wings til he said something I disagreed with and having a right strop/pop at him 🤪

I think I might even have nearly gotten over it (this post is one of my 12 steps 😱😤😂

(I actually think I got over it this week when someone had a right go at him for it recently and he replied that he had more important things in his life. Final step. Peace out @Bert 😂😘 gthey say forgiving someone is the greatest gift we can give to ourself. Thanks for the counselling people) 

I actually said “Jimmy Kebe is having a medical as we speak”. Which he was. 

2 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

Sorry to be pedantic but.... 🤣

Just the first paragraph - the loan wouldn't exist if we had spent all of our money? I get the follow up paragraphs and good business etc. But what am I missing in the 1st? We wouldn't need a loan if we were skint? We only got a loan because we are loaded? 

This is the opposite of how I understand life 😱🤪

They are suggesting we are skint because we spent the money from those two transfers on the training ground.

That can’t really be true. We very well may have spent the money, but it can’t really all be on the training ground if KP have loaned us the money to pay for it.

• Thanks 1

We truly live in the best timeline.

Well, apart from all the Covid. Otherwise, yeah, this is it.

I never imagined 20 years ago as a kid watching WWF / WWE that the Undertaker would be tweeting about Leicester City. Or that Twitter would be a thing, I guess - my PS1 was the height of technology at the time. lol

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 3