Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

26 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

James Richardson wrapped up the City vs Manchester Sky Blues section on Monday's Totally Football Show by saying

"Well there you go, Leicester... You've had your biggest win in ages, but you made the mistake of doing it against a big-six side, so we talked about them instead." 

Refreshing honesty for a change.

Ha! Love James Richardson and that show in general. Way more balanced and fun to listen to. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

James Richardson wrapped up the City vs Manchester Sky Blues section on Monday's Totally Football Show by saying

"Well there you go, Leicester... You've had your biggest win in ages, but you made the mistake of doing it against a big-six side, so we talked about them instead." 

I love James Richardson and at least there was a nudge and wink acknowledgement but it wasn't a good episode this week. If Sky had analysed our game like that they'd be getting pelters.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

It was preferable to the previous week, where we were dismissed with the briefest backhanded compliment (by one of the other presenters) about BR wanting us to be Man City-lite or some such, and just basically waving us away as an anomaly. These people never learn, do they?

6 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

It was preferable to the previous week, where we were dismissed with the briefest backhanded compliment (by one of the other presenters) about BR wanting us to be Man City-lite or some such, and just basically waving us away as an anomaly. These people never learn, do they?

If ages means 2 weeks as we also beat WBA by 3

1 hour ago, Rustynail said:

I've only read the headline so maybe I'm taking this totally out of context but how can you say someone is manager of the season so far after 3 games. 

"So far." You could say someone is 'manager of the season so far' 5 minutes after K.O. It doesn't mean much, but it's not wrong.

4 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

"So far." You could say someone is 'manager of the season so far' 5 minutes after K.O. It doesn't mean much, but it's not wrong.

Its these early judgements that really annoy me, not just with managers but players too. It makes no sense how you can judge it based on 3 games, 3 very good games but still... at least bring the article out after 10 games, that would be better. 

I will agree with you by saying that, yes, its technically not wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

True. but in context he should get the first PL manager of the month award. Aside from Ancelloti there cannot be any other serious contenders surely. 9 points out of 9, 12 goals scored, top of the league, inflicted MC worst ever home defeat in a tactical masterclass. All of this with several key players, who most would expect to be starters missing

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rustynail said:

Its these early judgements that really annoy me, not just with managers but players too. It makes no sense how you can judge it based on 3 games, 3 very good games but still... at least bring the article out after 10 games, that would be better. 

I will agree with you by saying that, yes, its technically not wrong. 

I agree - it's far too early for judgements like these. I suppose journalists have to earn a living somehow.

2 minutes ago, urban fox said:

True. but in context he should get the first PL manager of the month award. Aside from Ancelloti there cannot be any other serious contenders surely. 9 points out of 9, 12 goals scored, top of the league, inflicted MC worst ever home defeat in a tactical masterclass. All of this with several key players, who most would expect to be starters missing

I think I'm probably contradicting myself after my last comment, but I agree with this, as well. Couldn't have asked for a better start to the season, even if we had a full bill of health.

I think the question is whether "manager of the season so far" is making it sound grander than it actually is.

1 minute ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think I'm probably contradicting myself after my last comment, but I agree with this, as well. Couldn't have asked for a better start to the season, even if we had a full bill of health.

I think the question is whether "manager of the season so far" is making it sound grander than it actually is.

yeah. that "manager of the season so far" bit is definitely maybe just a tad over the top. But then again journos need a headline and it gives the story a bit of a shock horror feel and sounds better than "first manager of the month award for the new season goes to......"

• Like 2