Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

On 18/10/2020 at 12:34, OntarioFox said:

The Fofana signing annoys Claude Puel. That makes it worth it even if he turns out to be crap.

:claude:

Come on, are we still bashing Puel?

He wasnt the right man for us as a manager but he gave some young players a chance which has had a knock on effect in terms of getting quality players like Castagne and Fofana.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Come on, are we still bashing Puel?

He wasnt the right man for us as a manager but he gave some young players a chance which has had a knock on effect in terms of getting quality players like Castagne and Fofana.

yes - he was a a fraud to take the job

1 hour ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Maybe I'm just an abhorrent cynic but I still just don't get it with Pep, like at all. Go to the best team in the world, spend a billion quid and have them be just about as good as they were when he joined, but be really animated and make out like your pashun is electric. Strange. 

i'm struggling to see what ur point is? ok he inherited a great side but he improved that. there's no denying that . he proved to better than Pellegrini that's for sure

On 23/10/2020 at 04:26, davieG said:

https://talksport.com/football/777758/

Every Premier League club rated by how ‘delusional’ their fans are this season

Leicester fans are the Premier League’s most realistic supporters. They were only half a goal out over the course of their first five games.

The delusional fans Premier League table 2020/21

The delusional fans Premier League table 2020/21

Why do I find Burnley's position and stats there so funny? lol

14 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

My point is I think Pep is a fraud who would be nothing without going to an elite team and spending a billion quid to make them basically stand still. Over 250m on a defence that is worse than when he got there. Any argument about kompany leaving or this or that reason, I reiterate 250 MILLION QUID. And the defence is abysmal. 

He got some lovely football going with Barcelona. But then again he had Xavi and Iniesta - two of the greatest players we will see - (oh.. and Messi). 

• Like 1

On 26/10/2020 at 08:55, Shane said:

Kingy :wub:. Maybe a future pundit? Could teach McManaman, Owen and co a thing or two. 

With the greatest respect, every member of FT could be a successful pundit on Malaysian TV.   

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Nmj5.gif

1953702249_Screenshot2020-11-01at10_14_50.thumb.png.b20084f7821b985bf4b7f3346a2e868f.png

Mediocentro comes across as too much of an arsehole for my liking. The PL is really unpredictable? Blackburn at the beginning once Arsenal about 20 years ago then either of the Manchester clubs or Chelsea apart from us and Liverpool after 30 years waiting not quite La Liga but you have a fair idea who will be near the top, was it 10pts or something in the end yes really tight. We had something like 5 members of the PFA team of the year. Hindsight is a wonderful thing  but any team with a solid defence and goalkeeper and 2 recent premier league playes of the season in their prime with a golden boot winner is going to be up near the top. No European distractions either playing as a team as well. Some just don't get it 

• Like 1

On 01/11/2020 at 10:16, urban.spaceman said:

Nmj5.gif

1953702249_Screenshot2020-11-01at10_14_50.thumb.png.b20084f7821b985bf4b7f3346a2e868f.png

1-0 edgy wins has won titles for clubs long before we shook up the league. For something like that to work, not only to the refs have to be in on it but every other club as well. It’s really a daft comment by this individual. Essentially suggesting every team sat down at the start of the season and agreed that Leicester would win it and they’d all play a part. Nonsense. 

I do kinda think that year our players must have been on some peds or something though. The energy our team had in that season was something I haven't seen before or after since. They were on that EPO shit or something i'm sure of it lol. 

• Haha 1

On 01/11/2020 at 10:33, katieakita said:

Mediocentro comes across as too much of an arsehole for my liking. The PL is really unpredictable? Blackburn at the beginning once Arsenal about 20 years ago then either of the Manchester clubs or Chelsea apart from us and Liverpool after 30 years waiting not quite La Liga but you have a fair idea who will be near the top, was it 10pts or something in the end yes really tight. We had something like 5 members of the PFA team of the year. Hindsight is a wonderful thing  but any team with a solid defence and goalkeeper and 2 recent premier league playes of the season in their prime with a golden boot winner is going to be up near the top. No European distractions either playing as a team as well. Some just don't get it 

He probably took a break from telling everyone that 5G causes COVID to post that.

21 minutes ago, Christoph said:

I do kinda think that year our players must have been on some peds or something though. The energy our team had in that season was something I haven't seen before or after since. They were on that EPO shit or something i'm sure of it lol. 

Think you should stick to lurking...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nwl fox said:

Think you should stick to lurking...

Yes because doping amongst elite athletes is definitely unheard of.  You would be shocked how common PED use is amongst elite athletes. Just look at Lance Armstrong and the rest of the cyclists who were all caught after for using EPO. 

Don't get me wrong maybe they weren't but if it came out that they were doping then I wouldn't be THAT surprised.   

3 minutes ago, Christoph said:

Yes because doping amongst elite athletes is definitely unheard of.  You would be shocked how common PED use is amongst elite athletes. Just look at Lance Armstrong and the rest of the cyclists who were all caught after for using EPO. 

Don't get me wrong maybe they weren't but if it came out that they were doping then I wouldn't be THAT surprised.   

I could understand that comment 3 months after the event. Not 5 years when there is regular random testing within the Premier League. 

We played a simple brand of football where the team sat back and turned over quickly. The energy you were seeing was from a team conserving energy for small short burst in the form of counter attacks. 

• Like 1

On 01/11/2020 at 10:33, katieakita said:

I think this Mediocentro is an Arsenal fan. Which, of course, automatically disqualifies him and his opinions from any serious conversation about football.