Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

Bielsa's saying Liverpool aren't the team at Anfield without the crowd just shows his / Leeds arrogance. They lost about 2 games away from home last season didn't they? The atmosphere (apart from last season when fans were allowed in) isn't even that good at Anfield these days it hasn't been for about 30 years! The Kop is loud for about 10 mins a match. I hope he and Leeds get the wake up call I think they need tomorrow. I don't think they will go down but it will be because there are worse teams in the league not because they are now back to the big club they once were. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Bielsa's saying Liverpool aren't the team at Anfield without the crowd just shows his / Leeds arrogance. They lost about 2 games away from home last season didn't they? The atmosphere (apart from last season when fans were allowed in) isn't even that good at Anfield these days it hasn't been for about 30 years! The Kop is loud for about 10 mins a match. I hope he and Leeds get the wake up call I think they need tomorrow. I don't think they will go down but it will be because there are worse teams in the league not because they are now back to the big club they once were. 

I honestly don't know which team I want to lose more. Probably Leeds. Only just though.

• Like 3

On 10/09/2020 at 10:36, Ric Flair said:

Interesting he has chosen to ignore Wolves, who have come up and been remarkable in their 2 seasons in the PL. What we have done is obscene but Wolves have come up and instantly been a force and backed it up.

An interesting take on Wolves, provided down the pub last week, was that the club's renaissance is pretty much all down to Espirito Santo and the Portuguese invasion. Once he goes, the future is uncertain. 

No idea whether that would actually be the case, but this was from a Wolves fan...

1 hour ago, HitchinFox said:

An interesting take on Wolves, provided down the pub last week, was that the club's renaissance is pretty much all down to Espirito Santo and the Portuguese invasion. Once he goes, the future is uncertain. 

No idea whether that would actually be the case, but this was from a Wolves fan...

It's not Nuno that's the key but Jorge Mendes the agent that sorts all these deals.

3 hours ago, Captain... said:

It's not Nuno that's the key but Jorge Mendes the agent that sorts all these deals.

Nuno going would be a big blow, but we are a big enough draw now I reckon to get a decent manager in to replace him. 

Mendes helps us get access to a lot of good players, but he's not the be all and end all. He's still just an agent who happens to be good friends with the owners and the manager. As long as the owners stay, so will Jorge. 

Just been having a look on one of the West Brom forums.

I'm getting the feeling that we're getting a bit more respect and  no longer being seen as "it's only Leicester" .

It may take some getting used to! :)

• Like 1

Just now, Livid said:

Just been having a look on one of the West Brom forums.

I'm getting the feeling that we're getting a bit more respect and  no longer being seen as "it's only Leicester" .

It may take some getting used to! :)

I don't personally know any West Brom fans but from reading some forum snippets they strike me as a pretty level headed, decent bunch. 

A quick look and most accept that our players are better (as expected from a top end PL club) and yesterday highlighted how far they are behind. 

That said, I have got a soft spot for them after the 1-1 against Spuds in 2016.

• Like 4

Just lowered myself by watching the transfer update on Sky whilst having lunch. Amazingly, they took a break from talking about Man U long enough to do quite a lengthy slot on us. Rob Dorsett claimed that we don't have much cash because all of the Chilwell and Maguire money has gone on the training ground and other transfer funds are limited because of Covid's impact on King Power. I know some on here have claimed that this is all the case but it's the first I've seen the mainstream media saying it. 

Just now, Sunbury Fox said:

Just lowered myself by watching the transfer update on Sky whilst having lunch. Amazingly, they took a break from talking about Man U long enough to do quite a lengthy slot on us. Rob Dorsett claimed that we don't have much cash because all of the Chilwell and Maguire money has gone on the training ground and other transfer funds are limited because of Covid's impact on King Power. I know some on here have claimed that this is all the case but it's the first I've seen the mainstream media saying it. 

I don’t think we are skint. Just looking for value in a very different market. But time will tell. I think getting the deadwood our needs to be a priority now

2 minutes ago, casablancas said:

I don’t think we are skint. Just looking for value in a very different market. But time will tell. I think getting the deadwood our needs to be a priority now

Think there is a lot in this. Much as we might want the cash splashing, its just not as simple as that and there is a awful lot of funds still being spent on failures on big money. (and I don't blame them as the club offered the contracts)

8 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Because most of Sky / Rob Dorsett's updates are from this forum. I imagine certain people on here could start a rumour in the transfer section and it would be within the mainstream media within a day or to. 

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue
3 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Because most of Sky / Rob Dorsett's updates are from this forum. I imagine certain people on here could start a rumour in the transfer section and it would be within the mainstream media within a day or to. 

He knows faff all. Half intelligent guess work.

6 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

@Babylon did this and it did end up in the media, at least that's how i remember it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

I don't personally know any West Brom fans but from reading some forum snippets they strike me as a pretty level headed, decent bunch. 

A quick look and most accept that our players are better (as expected from a top end PL club) and yesterday highlighted how far they are behind. 

That said, I have got a soft spot for them after the 1-1 against Spuds in 2016.

I’ve always had a soft spot for West Brom since Regis, Batson and Cunningham played for them. They get a little riled when Vardy does his thing, but who doesn’t. :D

I'm very good mates with an Albion fan and he let's me sit with him in the Brummie Rd end when we've played them over the last 5 meetings, except the 4-1 when I got a ticket in the away end. 

Have had some great views of Sir Jamie doing his rustling 👌

The Albion fans are a very decent bunch and, even though they knew I was city, they were fine with me. 

Vardys winner in the spring of 2015 was very, very difficult to not to go f%&kin mental though😄

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

11 hours ago, goose2010 said:

11 hours ago, Markyblue said:

He knows faff all. Half intelligent guess work.

11 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Sky and Rob Dorsett, as always putting 2 and 2 together and getting 22

Rob's well connected just like John Percy.

Decent, top level journalists speak to players, managers, agents, DoFs etc to get stories rather than trawl fan sites where - if we're being honest - there's a whole lot of guff to get through lol

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Decent, top level journalists speak to players, managers, agents, DoFs etc to get stories rather than trawl fan sites where - if we're being honest - there's a whole lot of guff to get through lol

If Rob really is like you say he is, why is he wheeling out trot like that when a) the training ground is being paid off on a long term loan so getting £135m inside a year in to pay off £90m over bout 10 years is a little odd is it not? b) Rodgers said in his press conference we sold Chilwell to strengthen the rest of the squad, " the money is there " and finally c) we have bid £29m for Fofana and trying to get a winger so again I fail to see how Dorsett thinks we don't have any money. He's a prat.

• Like 4

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/12071957/leicester-could-wait-until-late-in-transfer-window-to-spend-money-from-ben-chilwell-and-harry-maguire-sales

Leicester could wait until late in transfer window to spend money from Ben Chilwell and Harry Maguire sales

Why are Leicester's finances so tight? Rob Dorsett insists there is not one simple answer to that question 

Brendan Rodgers and Leicester could be in line for late business in the transfer window 

Leicester may wait until later in the transfer window, in the hope that prices fall, as they look to strengthen their squad for an assault on four competitions.

A lot of Foxes fans are questioning why the finances are so tight, after the club received £130m from the sale of two key players - Harry Maguire to Manchester United and Ben Chilwell to Chelsea - in the last two summer windows.

There is not one simple answer to that question.

Though manager Brendan Rodgers' stark assessment before the opening game of the season, where he said categorically that Leicester's squad is not big enough to compete effectively in the Premier League, Europa League, EFL Cup and FA Cup, suggests he has real concerns for the next 10 months of football.

Leicester have so far spent £21.5m on a single signing - versatile defender Timothy Castagne from Atalanta. He's already had a big impact, scoring on his debut, and putting in a man-of-the-match performance. But Leicester's squad is worryingly bare in other areas.

First and foremost, Leicester need another centre-back. They haven't recruited one since Maguire left for Old Trafford in August last year. Caglar Soyuncu's brilliant emergence solved a problem last season, but it's still an area where Leicester are horribly under-resourced. If Jonny Evans or Soyuncu are absent, Leicester are struggling. Which is why Wilfred Ndidi stepped into central defence for the season opener against West Brom.

For all of Wes Morgan's brilliant and loyal service to Leicester, he cannot be relied upon for more than a handful of games a season. He currently has a hamstring strain. Filip Benkovic has a hip problem, but Rodgers doesn't see him as a viable option - he's yet to make a Premier League appearance in over two years.

After Maguire left, Leicester inquired about Nathan Ake, but were quoted in excess of £80m by Bournemouth for the defender. Understandably, Leicester's bosses didn't think it good value to spend more on bringing Ake in than they had received for Maguire.

Rodgers was keen on Burnley's James Tarkowski too - he still is. But again, Leicester have seen West Ham fail with a £30m bid for the England international, and they don't want to pay more than that. As a result, head of recruitment Lee Congerton is scouring the international market in search of a bargain - maybe at a club that is in a much worse financial state than Leicester, and one which will have to sell a prized asset for a discount price to stay afloat.

Leicester have an interest in Burnley's James Tarkowski 

Otherwise, loan deals are a real possibility to get them through a packed 10-month period of football. That may prove their best recourse when it comes to the search for a winger too.

So, where has all that £130m gone?

Well, for a start it would be wrong to assume that all of that money arrived in Leicester's coffers as up-front cash. And it would be equally wrong to assume that the £40m they paid Monaco for Youri Tielemans last summer has already gone out in full, without any further instalments.

Harry Maguire joined Manchester United from Leicester for a world-record fee for a defender 

Then there's the huge outlay on Leicester's brand new training £100m ground, but the club's hierarchy are sure it will be the envy of the rest of the Premier League. That, in the long term, will be a huge advantage when it comes to attracting - and developing - new talent at Leicester. But for the short term, it's left a big hole in Rodgers' transfer kitty.

Add to this, the fact that Leicester's wage bill has increased exponentially in recent years. There were bumper new contracts for Jamie Vardy, James Maddison, Nempalys Mendy and Luke Thomas in the summer. Before that, in June, Leicester shelled out for new deals for Morgan, Christian Fuchs and Eldin Jakupovic - the three of whom have a combined age of 105.

And finally - and perhaps most significantly - Leicester's benevolent owners are feeling the pinch from the pandemic. King Power has invested heavily in Leicester since taking over 10 years ago this month. But their business is primarily in airport duty free shops. There can be few areas of the global economy that have been hit harder by coronavirus.

Not one Leicester fan would question the commitment and generosity of King Power. But that support may have to be patient when it comes to this transfer window and this season as a whole. Rodgers doesn't want to give his players any excuses and won't say publicly that he thinks it will be a minor miracle if Leicester can match their fifth-placed finish of last season.

But maybe that's the reality, as Leicester look to the future.

• Like 2

Guest Markyblue
5 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

The brotherhood response there .👍

I see nothing new here, our net spend is generally 20-30m per season, I expect us to be about the same by the end of the window, with a CB and forward player recruited. 

All the article say to me is we are looking for value and will not pay over the odds.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1