Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

20 minutes ago, Christoph said:

Yes because doping amongst elite athletes is definitely unheard of.  You would be shocked how common PED use is amongst elite athletes. Just look at Lance Armstrong and the rest of the cyclists who were all caught after for using EPO. 

Don't get me wrong maybe they weren't but if it came out that they were doping then I wouldn't be THAT surprised.   

It's bad enough having to put up with that  nonsense off the bitter Arsenal & Spurs fans, stop feeding the bitter bullshit.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Christoph said:

I do kinda think that year our players must have been on some peds or something though. The energy our team had in that season was something I haven't seen before or after since. They were on that EPO shit or something i'm sure of it lol. 

We pretty much only had the League to deal with we were out of both Cups early and weren't involved in Europe like the teams who were challenging us.

Liverpool were pretty gung-ho last season. 

On 01/11/2020 at 10:16, urban.spaceman said:

Nmj5.gif

1953702249_Screenshot2020-11-01at10_14_50.thumb.png.b20084f7821b985bf4b7f3346a2e868f.png

Another shit argument.

However I do wish we weren't so bad the following season. I wish we'd have finished top 6. The one thing that's annoying is that we came out of nowhere and had one good season where as most title wins are built up before.

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Another shit argument.

However I do wish we weren't so bad the following season. I wish we'd have finished top 6. The one thing that's annoying is that we came out of nowhere and had one good season where as most title wins are built up before.

There's a lot to be said and agreed with it being a perfect storm, brilliant team spirit on the back of the great escape, arguably 3 World Class players coming together, new manager bounce, out of the cups early, no euro comps, very few injuries, typical challengers failing, after all our biggest challenger was Spurs.

Surely if there was any truth in our win being dodgy then it must also include Spurs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

1-0 edgy wins has won titles for clubs long before we shook up the league. For something like that to work, not only to the refs have to be in on it but every other club as well. It’s really a daft comment by this individual. Essentially suggesting every team sat down at the start of the season and agreed that Leicester would win it and they’d all play a part. Nonsense. 

i can only remember about 3 being edgy. norwich at home, palace away and southampton. 

49 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

i can only remember about 3 being edgy. norwich at home, palace away and southampton. 

You have stronger nerves then me. Not that it was a criticism of the players. Its just the way it is. Can remember every game from the Norwich one up and until Chelsea beat Spurs having me in a bag of nerves. The exception of the Swansea win. West Ham 2-2 and Sunderland first half had me jumping around like I had piles! What a great time!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

You have stronger nerves then me. Not that it was a criticism of the players. Its just the way it is. Can remember every game from the Norwich one up and until Chelsea beat Spurs having me in a bag of nerves. The exception of the Swansea win. West Ham 2-2 and Sunderland first half had me jumping around like I had piles! What a great time!

i forgot that spurs game tbh. one of the most satisfying results that season.

• Like 1

Using our full backs without Ricardo and Chilwell (Bit old but still relevant)

https://theathletic.co.uk/2161218/2020/10/26/leicester-city-rodgers-full-backs-pressing-possession-arsenal/

Difference in full-back usage
With Ben Chilwell moving to Chelsea over the summer, and Ricardo Pereira still on the sidelines with a serious knee injury that will keep him out until at least December, full-back is the least recognisable position for Leicester in 2020-21. James Justin and Timothy Castagne have so far played every minute of the season, on the left and right respectively.

This is not Justin’s first rodeo at full-back, given he played 1,010 minutes there last season, although just 100 of those were on the left.

The faces have changed, but so have the roles. While Chilwell’s interpretation of the position was as something of a creator and progressor, Justin’s is based on well-timed runs to add to the attacking threat.

Chilwell last season created 1.3 chances per 90 minutes, whereas Justin is averaging just 0.5 this term. The quality of those chances differs a lot too — Chilwell’s expected assists per 90 of 0.15 is much higher than Justin’s 0.03. Some of that could be explained by Justin being naturally right-footed, so perhaps not having the angles available to him on the left that Chilwell did.

It’s a similar story in terms of progressing the ball upfield. Chilwell was responsible for 14 per cent of Leicester’s passes into the final third last season — 7.9 per 90, whereas Justin has been responsible for just six per cent of them over their first six games, equating to 2.8 per 90.

Justin makes up for some of that drop-off with his attacking runs into the box and, although he’s only had two shots so far, the chances were both of high quality.

The first evidence of this was against Burnley on September 20. Here, Justin is hovering just outside the six-yard box after Harvey Barnes goes on a mazy run.

There is plenty more on this at The Athletic

23 hours ago, Christoph said:

Yes because doping amongst elite athletes is definitely unheard of.  You would be shocked how common PED use is amongst elite athletes. Just look at Lance Armstrong and the rest of the cyclists who were all caught after for using EPO. 

Don't get me wrong maybe they weren't but if it came out that they were doping then I wouldn't be THAT surprised.   

Is taking PEDs doesn't explain why all the Sky 6 teams underperformed.

Our tally of 81 points was a par amount for a title up to then, but Arsenal next best on 71 is way below par for second place. The following season 71 would have got you 6th.

If any illegal drugs were used it was in an extensive doping campaign in the North West and London areas.

Guest Markyblue
Just now, HighPeakFox said:

I'd say that's pretty high, given it's open to all comers.

I thought at the start of the season it might be a strange year with no fans, maybe a spurs wolves Everton title, why not Leicester doing a leicester. 

Just now, Buce said:

I think we are finally being recognised for the good side that we are.

It's great isn't it?

Winning at Citeh, Arsenal and Leeds without being pure kick & rush will do that. I know we fell away last season, but still nearly finished 4th despite that. That sort of talent being added to and managed better gets noticed eventually.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Markyblue said:

I thought at the start of the season it might be a strange year with no fans, maybe a spurs wolves Everton title, why not Leicester doing a leicester. 

Yes. I can see it being written off as a freak again though should the Big Bollocks 6 all fail. I suppose they might have a point too to a degree. I must say I don't do TalkSport or Sky, so I miss out on their agendas, but even listening to decent quality stuff like Totally Football podcast, the narrative always centres around the failure of the big clubs being about them, rather than the quality of Leicester (or anyone else for that matter), and thus it becomes no better really in its output. They don't cover EL matches, yet do an extra cast for ECL, and any Leicester win gets damned with faint praise at best. 

I'm not up in arms about this because I support Leicester, it bothers me because it is so embedding this idea that the whole English game is about Liverpool, the Manchesters, Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea - whether they intend to or not, their input constantly reinforces the notion that a Leicester (or indeed another team) win or run of results is an entire sideshow, an outlier to be rubbished or diminished.

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue
1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Yes. I can see it being written off as a freak again though should the Big Bollocks 6 all fail. I suppose they might have a point too to a degree. I must say I don't do TalkSport or Sky, so I miss out on their agendas, but even listening to decent quality stuff like Totally Football podcast, the narrative always centres around the failure of the big clubs being about them, rather than the quality of Leicester (or anyone else for that matter), and thus it becomes no better really in its output. They don't cover EL matches, yet do an extra cast for ECL, and any Leicester win gets damned with faint praise at best. 

I'm not up in arms about this because I support Leicester, it bothers me because it is so embedding this idea that the whole English game is about Liverpool, the Manchesters, Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea - whether they intend to or not, their input constantly reinforces the notion that a Leicester (or indeed another team) win or run of results is an entire sideshow, an outlier to be rubbished or diminished.

All good points but if we won it again i wouldn't give a toss about no crowds or the so called big 6 not turning up, sky play to the tune of the armchair liverchester support we are an itch they cant scratch.

2 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

All good points but if we won it again i wouldn't give a toss about no crowds or the so called big 6 not turning up, sky play to the tune of the armchair liverchester support we are an itch they cant scratch.

Nor I. And it would give them all a huge problem if we did.

8 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I listen to the Football Ramble and Marcus Speller has a real soft spot for us, and Brendan Rodgers. When we were flying last season, he (jokingly) intimated that we were 'on the verge' of winning the title again. So whenever we get a good result the joke continues, which doesn't get old for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1