Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

20 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Leadership group?

Yeah we seem to get about an article every year from either Tanner or Percy which mentions in passing the current members of said group (usually about 5 players). 

There's the obvious players like Kasper, Morgan, King. Chilwell was in too before he was sold. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, davieG said:

"My message has always been to sign players that would be no risk

I'm not sure I like this. This is your Praet and Perez signings, able top flight players but neither seem to have enough to improve the starting 11.

If the message is no risk, I doubt we would have signed Soyuncu or even Mahrez and Vardy.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

I'm not sure I like this. This is your Praet and Perez signings, able top flight players but neither seem to have enough to improve the starting 11.

If the message is no risk, I doubt we would have signed Soyuncu or even Mahrez and Vardy.

Praet has been a our best midfielder this season and Perez arguably is playing out of position. 

All 3 of the above were no risk. Soyunchu was maybe the only risk due to the price but we would have got most if not all of it back if it didn't work out 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

I read that as if there’s any doubts from any of the analysis or a certain attribute not up to scratch on paper they don’t sign them? As in don't be like me on fm and go oh sod it il have him :D

49 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Not sure I follow Rodgers' logic in that article. The Fofana signing is the very definition of risk imo. £30m+ on a teenager with less than a full season of senior football experience, regardless of how much analysis they have done, is risky. I'm not saying I don't like the signing. I do. But it IS risky.

I think it was badly worded in the article and the policy is to "minimise the risk". There's no way any incoming transfer, especially from a different league, can be without risk.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/wily-foxes-a-beacon-for-smart-recruitment-39636971.html

Can't remember where it was and in a hurry but someone asked for the full John percy article on our recruitment as it was behind a paywall. 

Just found it for free on their Irish site via newsnow 🤣

Edit. All posts above are discussing the content but my amusement still stands. Another one ripping off the home countries while elsewhere gets the same for free! 

Edited by gw_leics772

2 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/wily-foxes-a-beacon-for-smart-recruitment-39636971.html

Can't remember where it was and in a hurry but someone asked for the full John percy article on our recruitment as it was behind a paywall. 

Just found it for free on their Irish site via newsnow 🤣

Edit. All posts above are discussing the content but my amusement still stands. Another one ripping off the home countries while elsewhere gets the same for free! 

Tbh it's not exactly the same, there are a couple of paragraphs missing from the free version 

• Thanks 1

Sutton's Rangers beat 'Celtic reserves' claim backfire as old comments resurface
20th October 2020James Black

Bitter former Celtic star Chris Sutton’s childish claim that Rangers beat “Celtic reserves” in Saturday’s Old Firm has come back to haunt him after it emerged he’d claimed the Parkhead side’s reserves were bigger than Leicester City after Brendan Rodgers quit.

Sutton made the nonsense claim on Twitter shortly after Steven Gerrard’s side had picked up a dominant three points at Parkhead and the former striker went into a huff.

18 months ago, he launched into a similarly childish rant when Rodgers walked away from Celtic to take the reins at the King Power Stadium despite Celtic closing in on a ninth title in a row.

Subscribe to Rangers News TV now

Gers icon Ally McCoist rubbished the claims, calling them “drivel2 when Sutton repeated the line that Rangers beat Celtic’s reserves, saying: “Even by his own standards, that’s some amount of drivel. Really.

“Don’t give me your nonsense about Celtic reserves and trying to put pressure on Rangers. We’ve seen it before. I invented it back in the 70s.”

With Celtic missing Odsonne Edouard, Christopher Jullien, Ryan Christie and James Forrest on Saturday, there was still plenty of quality in Lennon’s side.

Steven Gerrard also dismissed Lennon’s comments, pointing to some of the Rangers players who missed the trip to Celtic Park, such as Kemar Roofe.

Sutton seems to just use Celtic’s reserves to fill any point he wants to make and it is funny to see it blow up in his face after yet another hilarious meltdown after a Rangers win.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/pep-guardiola-leicester-city-porto-4629455

‘Copy and paste’ - Pep Guardiola makes Leicester City claim over Porto’s negative tactics
Man City were in Champions League action against Porto at the Etihad Stadium on Wednesday night

ByAmie Wilson
08:00, 22 OCT 2020

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has compared Porto’s Champions League tactics to Leicester City’s last month.

Man City came out as 3-1 winners over the Portuguese side in the Group C opener, thanks to goals from Sergio Aguero, Ilkay Gundogan, and Ferran Torres.

They didn’t however have such a good time when Leicester visited the Etihad Stadium in the third Premier League game of the season.

A hat trick from Jamie Vardy and goals from James Maddison and Youri Tielemans gave Leicester a memorable 5-2 win.

After the game, a lot was made of the tactics employed by Brendan Rodgers during the game, with the City boss opting to play a more defensive five at the back formation, much to the annoyance of Man City midfielder Rodri.

After the Premier League match, Guardiola himself had his say on Leicester’s tactics

“They just wanted to defend and play on the counter-attack and in that position we have to be more calm,” he said at the time.

After the defeat to Leicester, Man City have picked up four points in the Premier League and started their Champions League campaign on a winning note.

Following the victory over Porto, Guardiola said that the opposition's tactics reminded him of the game against Leicester last month.

“I’m happy with all the game, we knew how tough it would be,” he said.

“Alongside Benfica, they are the best team in Portugal. They played so defensively with five at the back, we had to be patient.

“Maybe they saw the Leicester 5-2 and tried to copy and paste.”

Leicester join Man City in kicking off a European campaign of their own this week when they take on Zorya Luhansk in the Europa League Group G opener tonight (Thursday).

Similar Rep[ort in the Independent.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/man-city-vs-porto-result-pep-guardiola-leicester-tactics-copy-paste-b1211273.html

50 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/pep-guardiola-leicester-city-porto-4629455

‘Copy and paste’ - Pep Guardiola makes Leicester City claim over Porto’s negative tactics
Man City were in Champions League action against Porto at the Etihad Stadium on Wednesday night

ByAmie Wilson

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has compared Porto’s Champions League tactics to Leicester City’s last month.

Man City came out as 3-1 winners over the Portuguese side in the Group C opener, thanks to goals from Sergio Aguero, Ilkay Gundogan, and Ferran Torres.

They didn’t however have such a good time when Leicester visited the Etihad Stadium in the third Premier League game of the season.

A hat trick from Jamie Vardy and goals from James Maddison and Youri Tielemans gave Leicester a memorable 5-2 win.

After the game, a lot was made of the tactics employed by Brendan Rodgers during the game, with the City boss opting to play a more defensive five at the back formation, much to the annoyance of Man City midfielder Rodri.

After the Premier League match, Guardiola himself had his say on Leicester’s tactics

“They just wanted to defend and play on the counter-attack and in that position we have to be more calm,” he said at the time.

After the defeat to Leicester, Man City have picked up four points in the Premier League and started their Champions League campaign on a winning note.

Following the victory over Porto, Guardiola said that the opposition's tactics reminded him of the game against Leicester last month.

“Alongside Benfica, they are the best team in Portugal. They played so defensively with five at the back, we had to be patient.

Leicester join Man City in kicking off a European campaign of their own this week when they take on Zorya Luhansk in the Europa League Group G opener tonight (Thursday).

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/man-city-vs-porto-result-pep-guardiola-leicester-tactics-copy-paste-b1211273.html

Its a dated attempt at being clever to call  it out from his perspective, basically trying to say that a team havent beat them properly if they defend and go on the counter attack. Plants a potential seed in the minds of others that 'if you try to play the same way against us I am going to call you out on it in the media and everyone will tar you as 'boring' otherwise, play an open game so we can destroy you and pat you on the head afterwards'.

Its obviously bollocks as most counter attacking win is deserved (see our praise of West Ham's win against us).

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, davieG said:

ByAmie Wilson

"Team costing a billion quid couldn't beat a bunch of old cloggers"

• Like 2

https://talksport.com/football/777758/

Every Premier League club rated by how ‘delusional’ their fans are this season

Leicester fans are the Premier League’s most realistic supporters. They were only half a goal out over the course of their first five games.

The delusional fans Premier League table 2020/21

The delusional fans Premier League table 2020/21

• Haha 1

On 22/10/2020 at 08:54, davieG said:

ByAmie Wilson

https://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/porto-boss-hits-out-at-unpleasant-pep-39657387.html

James Ducker

October 23 2020 02:30 AM

Pep Guardiola has been accused of trying to pressure referees and opposition players in a scathing attack on the "extremely unpleasant" Manchester City manager.

Porto coach Sergio Conceicao has taken aim at Guardiola as the fall-out from Wednesday's fractious Champions League match at the Etihad Stadium continued.

Guardiola and Conceicao had exchanged words either side of half-time of a heated encounter and in the closing minutes of the game the City manager and Brazil midfielder Fernandinho became embroiled in a spat with the Porto coach and his bench.

Fernandinho had taken exception to the Porto substitutes urging referee Andris Treimanis to book Raheem Sterling for perceived play-acting, even though their defender Pepe had been fortunate not to concede a second penalty of the night for fouling the England forward.

City had come from behind to beat the Portuguese champions 3-1 thanks to a controversial spot-kick from Sergio Aguero and goals from Ilkay Gundogan and Ferran Torres.

Porto were furious at the penalty award and felt it should have been ruled out for a foul by Gundogan on goalkeeper Agustin Marchesin.

Conceicao believed Ilkay Gundogan had fouled Agustin Marchesin before City's equaliser

Conceicao cut an animated figure on the touchline throughout the night, when City were left exasperated by some of the theatrics of Porto's players and decisions of Treimanis, who booked five home players.

Yet Conceicao insisted Porto had been "angels" compared to the behaviour exhibited by Guardiola and the City bench and launched a stinging attack on the Catalan.

"I've got a lot to learn from Pep Guardiola, in the way he pressures referees, talks to opposition players and opposition dugout," the Porto coach told Portuguese media. "He's a fantastic example. I have to learn this. We were angels compared to the other dugout.

"He spoke about our country using ugly words. Guardiola's attitude was extremely unpleasant. The whole Manchester City dugout was because if anybody should have been complaining, it was the Porto bench, because we were extremely hard done by."

Also in here - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8870293/Porto-boss-Sergio-Conceicao-hits-Man-City-manager-Pep-Guardiolas-unpleasant-attitude.html

Guest Markyblue

Him and klopp a breath of fresh air..... more like an overpowering smell of sour grapes, baldy and beardy the gripe twins.