Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

6 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Rob's well connected just like John Percy.

Decent, top level journalists speak to players, managers, agents, DoFs etc to get stories rather than trawl fan sites where - if we're being honest - there's a whole lot of guff to get through lol

Talking of Guff, can you elaborate on your gobsmacking post that whipped this forum into frenzy for 2 days that you quickly deleted? 🤜🏻🤛🏻

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

If Rob really is like you say he is, why is he wheeling out trot like that when a) the training ground is being paid off on a long term loan so getting £135m inside a year in to pay off £90m over bout 10 years is a little odd is it not? b) Rodgers said in his press conference we sold Chilwell to strengthen the rest of the squad, " the money is there " and finally c) we have bid £29m for Fofana and trying to get a winger so again I fail to see how Dorsett thinks we don't have any money. He's a prat.

He also came out with the other day that Aston Villa were struggling to buy players because of FFP, just days later they are buying Martinez and Traore for £20m each and also looking at more signings after that

His sources are probably on the same level as SfE

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Rob's well connected just like John Percy.

Decent, top level journalists speak to players, managers, agents, DoFs etc to get stories rather than trawl fan sites where - if we're being honest - there's a whole lot of guff to get through lol

If Dorsett and Percy are similarly well-connected, how come Percy regularly states Tielemans was £32m and Dorsett states he was £40m? It's a pretty big difference.

Edit: @mod hero beat me to it! :)

Edited by 87fox

13 minutes ago, 87fox said:

If Dorsett and Percy are similarly well-connected, how come Percy regularly states Tielemans was £32m and Dorsett states he was £40m? It's a pretty big difference.

Edit: @mod hero beat me to it! :)

Maybe it's £32million down upto 40 with add ons. Both would be technically correct. Does it really matter? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Maybe it's £32million down upto 40 with add ons. Both would be technically correct. Does it really matter? 

8m difference not exactly 80m difference is it.

I'd trust John Percy over Rob Dorsett though.

20 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Because most of Sky / Rob Dorsett's updates are from this forum. I imagine certain people on here could start a rumour in the transfer section and it would be within the mainstream media within a day or to. 

I remember many many years ago 3 of us at work started a rumour on here (as an experiment) that we were trying to sign Andy Mutch, which was completely untrue, lo and behold it made the Sun a few days later, journos must get loads of stories trawling through forums.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Because most of Sky / Rob Dorsett's updates are from this forum. I imagine certain people on here could start a rumour in the transfer section and it would be within the mainstream media within a day or to. 

I’d love to see this theory tested out.

pick a random player, start a thread and a couple of other posters claim to be ITK,

could we get a story onto sky sports.

I’m not sure it’s necessarily true that KP has “invested heavily” in the club in more recent years (see Swiss Ramble thread from yesterday on Twitter).

With the caveat of course that, when it comes to the training ground, KP has lent us £91m which they want paying back over the next six years (presumably with interest).

That’s an payment average of £15m per season, but it wouldn’t surprise me if the payments are front-loaded (i.e. more like £20/25m might be due in this first season).

When you bear this in mind, I think once our business is done we’ll be around par for the past few seasons.

Lots of people are prepared to praise the long-term thinking behind the training ground whilst still operating under the impression it doesn’t require sacrifices to pay for it.

(And yes, I’m aware infrastructure spending does not count towards FFP but I am talking about general sustainability rather than compliance with those rules).

Edited by leicesterseddon
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, davieG said:

@Babylon did this and it did end up in the media, at least that's how i remember it.

11 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I’d love to see this theory tested out.

pick a random player, start a thread and a couple of other posters claim to be ITK,

could we get a story onto sky sports.

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

I thought it was @Manwell Pablo linking us with Lewandowski, made The Sunday People iIrc. 

Probably did as well, @Babylon acknowledge my post so he agrees with my memory. I just think it shows a lot of stuff posted on here re LCFC, especially from foreign reports ends up in the English media and more so the Merc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

Maybe that's the answer, but that's not the only potential inaccuracy Rob Dorsett appears to spout. See @Ric Flair's post above mine for more.

But maybe it's not the answer. That's why I asked Geoff what his opinion was on it.

Do you really have to butt in and question the validity of my question to Geoff on a football forum designed for discussing such things? No wonder you have so many posts.

• Haha 1

The training ground is a red herring, we haven’t spent the Maguire or Chilwell money on it, because the loan with Kingpower wouldn’t exist if we had.

Yes it has an impact, but it’ll be flexible as it’s with the owners. So I’d imagine the loan can be extended as needed. But I’d expect we’d want to reduce it by £10m a season at least.

The biggest issue looking at it is wages. We spend vastly more on them than clubs of a similar size. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The training ground is a red herring, we haven’t spent the Maguire or Chilwell money on it, because the loan with Kingpower wouldn’t exist if we had.

Yes it has an impact, but it’ll be flexible as it’s with the owners. So I’d imagine the loan can be extended as needed. But I’d expect we’d want to reduce it by £10m a season at least.

The biggest issue looking at it is wages. We spend vastly more on them than clubs of a similar size. 

Palace are pretty bad for it too and they seem to be actively recruiting this summer.

26 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I think you're right.

Seems to me theres two challenges:

1. Our current wage bill and about 5 players taking home about 15m a year who dont contribute much. So getting rid of them is key.

2. The prices we're being quoted whilst knowing that some teams will need cash, particularly the European leagues and some English clubs like Burnley (if they want to bring in new players certainly).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

I think you're right.

Seems to me theres two challenges:

1. Our current wage bill and about 5 players taking home about 15m a year who dont contribute much. So getting rid of them is key.

2. The prices we're being quoted whilst knowing that some teams will need cash, particularly the European leagues and some English clubs like Burnley (if they want to bring in new players certainly).

These players will go late in the window, teams who want them on loan are usually happy to see us pick up another few weeks wages and then take them near deadline day. I think Spurs will get desperate and pay £5-6m for Slimani

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

These players will go late in the window, teams who want them on loan are usually happy to see us pick up another few weeks wages and then take them near deadline day. I think Spurs will get desperate and pay £5-6m for Slimani

lol Not a chance. You really think that Levy will be willing to pay up to £6m for a player he knows we are desperate to get off our wage bill? We'll be doing well to get rid of him for free and not having to contribute towards his wages.

14 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

lol Not a chance. You really think that Levy will be willing to pay up to £6m for a player he knows we are desperate to get off our wage bill? We'll be doing well to get rid of him for free and not having to contribute towards his wages.

Honestly I think they will, they were trying to get us to terminate his loan deal in January so they could buy him. They'll run out of ideas and come in for Slimani.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Markyblue said:

The brotherhood response there .👍

Tbf, you could class it as click ait, but other than the in depth discussions on here, the rest of the numb nut plebs out there haven't had anything as in depth to explain it to them. You j ow, the ones who believed it was gospel that we were signing coutinho cos they read it in The Sun! 

So, on that basis, I'm going to cut Dorset some Slack despite "laughing" at @UpTheLeagueFox Post, and liking @Ric FlairFlair response calling Dorsett a pratt. 

And there in a nutshell is the inconsistency of man and my "easily led" nature

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Palace are pretty bad for it too and they seem to be actively recruiting this summer.

Yeah, but remember that they play in the footballing equivalent of an old hobo's shoe. :ph34r:

• Haha 2