Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

20 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Nor I. And it would give them all a huge problem if we did.

It'd certainly put a spanner in the works of the kn*bbers proposing a breakaway league, because you could no longer exclude us from any "big six" circle with two Premier League titles in 5 seasons. We'd have more than Arsenal, Tottenham, Man Utd. and more than likely Chelsea combined in the past half decade if so.

Honestly, I still see it eventually becoming a procession for Liverpool just like last season, but given the way the table has shaped up early-doors, why on earth shouldn't the likes of ourselves, Wolves, Southampton and Everton aim high? The latter have gone off the boil in the last two fixtures, but on merit all four of us look as good as anyone in a league that, right now, is more unpredictable than ever.

Edited by OntarioFox

Guest Markyblue
8 hours ago, Fightforever said:

I was only worried once the entire title winning season. That Ulloa penalty against west ham. I enjoyed the ride for the rest. Still can't believe we won the league

Blimey i could barely sleep the last 6 weeks. 😁

15 hours ago, Vacamion said:

I enjoyed this morning's report of the match in The Times, which suggested that Jamie Vardy has discovered a new route to goal, via the Under pass.  

Under puns are being used as a lazy way to Underpin football reports >_<

46 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

https://www.football365.com/news/doing-leicester-five-premier-league-outsiders

We're included, but we can't 'do a Leicester' because it wouldn't be 'doing a Leicester' because we're too good.

Why they are the New Leicester: Gave Man City a right old shoeing at the Etihad. Have also won at Arsenal and fellow New Leicesters Leeds. Jamie Vardy banging in goals up front. Inspirational manager who has turned the club around having previously been unfairly perceived as something of a figure of fun. Are in fact Leicester.

lol

That was a fun article!

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Agree we can’t do a Leicester as we are bigger now than that side was.

None of the teams mentioned could do a Leicester, again because of spend Villa spent £75m + high profile loans, Leeds £96m, Everton more and all additions to what they already had player wise.

The beauty about the Leicester team was that it was put together for a combined £25m, yes it was a change to 1 of the normal winners, yes we did the great escape the season prior BUT its the journey from League 1 to winning the Premiership in that time span and the cost of the collective team and who those individuals were or weren’t i should say that made it a “Leicester” for me....and this is never mentioned when they look to pin another team as the new Leicester, they should be looking at someone like Luton if they want to compare in the future as that’s what we did Lge 1, Championship then Prem, if Luton go on to win the Premier of course but you know where I’m coming from, that’s doing a Leicester.

I wouldn't quibble if Fulham won. Especially if they told me they were going to.

2 minutes ago, snoopy87 said:

Funny read and mainly true.

The Spurs comments in the Everton section had me in stitches

I liked the bit before it;

"Ranieri’s side are rarely given the credit they deserve for so unflappably holding their nerve in that crucial period around 25-30 games when “Haha it could happen!” turned to “Hang on, is it actually going to happen?” That pressure shift is seismic and Leicester responded with four successive 1-0 wins. Everton’s thorough pant-soiling over the last fortnight after finding themselves in contention a mere five games into the season is a reminder of just how impressive Leicester’s nerve-holding really was"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think Norwich last season is a great example of just how massive and bonkers what we achieved was. 

We were bottom on 19 points on matchday 29. Stayed up and then we won the league by 10 points the following season. 

Last season Norwich were bottom on 21 points on matchday 29. 

Imagine how mad you'd have to be to look at them last season and predict that happening!

Edited by Les-TA-Jon

46 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Agree we can’t do a Leicester as we are bigger now than that side was.

None of the teams mentioned could do a Leicester, again because of spend Villa spent £75m + high profile loans, Leeds £96m, Everton more and all additions to what they already had player wise.

The beauty about the Leicester team was that it was put together for a combined £25m, yes it was a change to 1 of the normal winners, yes we did the great escape the season prior BUT its the journey from League 1 to winning the Premiership in that time span and the cost of the collective team and who those individuals were or weren’t i should say that made it a “Leicester” for me....and this is never mentioned when they look to pin another team as the new Leicester, they should be looking at someone like Luton if they want to compare in the future as that’s what we did Lge 1, Championship then Prem, if Luton go on to win the Premier of course but you know where I’m coming from, that’s doing a Leicester.

Blimey, don't compare us with Luton Town. LCFC already had a rich history, albeit not of winning the top league, before 2015/16 and have a decent stadium and fan base. 

If Luton won the Premier League it would be far beyond doing a Leicester. 

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I liked that. Good balance between fun and serious without being too harsh on the digs to one team 

Agreed. And glad he mentioned how well we handled the pressure with those 1-0 wins.

• Like 1