Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

53 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

A pundit just now on Talksport said “Jonny Evans is great signing for Leicester, I can’t believe anyone didn’t take a chance on him” 

They did. Arsenal bid £20 million, it was rejected, we took advantage of a clause for £3 million :knockyhat:

1 hour ago, Master Fox said:

A pundit just now on Talksport said “Jonny Evans is great signing for Leicester, I can’t believe anyone didn’t take a chance on him” 

We did.

Why is it that the media always suggest that good players should sign for any club other than us? Makes my blood boil!

1 hour ago, Master Fox said:

I’d take the two words in bold and throw a pinch of salt on it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gerrytaggart said:

After careful analysis I've concluded that it means we are better than Bayern Munich and Ajax. 

It’s nice to be used in the same breath as such clubs. A few years ago we weren’t even in the conversation.

• Like 1

Just now, Swan Lesta said:

It’s nice to be used in the same breath as such clubs. A few years ago we weren’t even in the conversation.

Agreed. 

Given the hype and circumstance of THAT year and the Champions League, its easy to forgot that, up until very recently, most people considered small fry in the footballing community. 

To be mentioned under the same lens as Bayern is incredible. 

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

Agreed. 

Given the hype and circumstance of THAT year and the Champions League, its easy to forgot that, up until very recently, most people considered small fry in the footballing community. 

To be mentioned under the same lens as Bayern is incredible. 

WE'RE MASSIVE!!!! :celebrate: (For now... :ph34r:)

3 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Empires rise and empires fall. Just be happy we’re on the rise currently. We know what it’s like to be average or worse. Currently we’re actually decent. How decent remains to be seen. 

You said elsewhere we're winning the league again this year. Don't start having doubts... 

25 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

You said elsewhere we're winning the league again this year. Don't start having doubts... 

It would be one hell of an achievement just to split Man C and Liverpool. If both were as poor as 15/16 the title would be on.

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

I’ve seen it from peaks far loftier than yours sir, others need to see. The dream is on, but first.......

But first we teach Maguire and co a footballing lesson, win 9-0 and have Brendan put a blue flag with Soyuncus face on the centre circle. 

It's on. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

Was it Dean Saunders? Probably been drinking again

David Connolly was on last night so I assume it was him.

For some reason, I was delighted when we signed him, then he didn't score very often. He finally did manage to score regularly..and we sold him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Corky said:

David Connolly was on last night so I assume it was him.

For some reason, I was delighted when we signed him, then he didn't score very often. He finally did manage to score regularly..and we sold him.

I remember 2 games into his 2nd season with us I went to a midweek game against stoke, we won 4-2 and he bagged hat-trick, remember leaving the ground with my mates and saying "he's gonna score bucket loads for us this season just you watch" .......a week later he was sold to Wigan 😂

1 minute ago, copunk said:

I remember 2 games into his 2nd season with us I went to a midweek game against stoke, we won 4-2 and he bagged hat-trick, remember leaving the ground with my mates and saying "he's gonna score bucket loads for us this season just you watch" .......a week later he was sold to Wigan 😂

And we signed Hammond and Hume in his place to help fire us to glory. 

• Haha 1