Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

1 hour ago, Spiritwalker said:

He was pulled from a preseason game due to not being in the right frame of mind.

Happy for him to miss a preseason game if he's leaving. Rather we build up the fitness and work on playing systems with a player that's staying. Only helping get a man utd player match fit if he plays.

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Happy for him to miss a preseason game if he's leaving. Rather we build up the fitness and work on playing systems with a player that's staying. Only helping get a man utd player match fit if he plays.

I'm not saying I was happy or unhappy about it, just that refusing to play was not showing us any respect.

1 hour ago, adam95581 said:

No way! He spoke about you when I was there. I stayed at Books in November 2015 and found out that he supported Leicester when I asked him where I could watch a game...ended up watching it with him in the hostel. 

The point about him not owning a shirt was more of a joke about the fact that he was topless pretty much every day I was there haha...

Haha topless pretty much every day!! Yap that is Felipe !! Miss that hairy Brazilian. 

I live in Pai Thailand and have a hostel here myself.

If you are ever up this way please stop by would love to watch a Leicester game with you. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

State of Jay Z. You're almost 50! lol

He’s got a bit more clout than Maddison though in fairness, when you’re a billionaire and you’re married to Beyoncé then can what the f uck you like 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

This probably belongs in a "They DON'T mean us" thread. It's a bit frustrating that he's described as a Manchester United target before any mention of the fact that he's currently a Leicester City player

Screenshot_20190919-104347.png

Because this is how they see us

Leicester City fullback Ricardo Pereira has been interviewed by his home country’s media at the club’s headquarters this week.

RTP TV station ran a story at the Foxes’ training centre, and mainly spoke to the player about when he joined the club in the summer 2018 window.

“At the time of the decision it was very difficult indeed. Even because I felt at home, I was in my comfort zone, in the club of my heart, we had just won the title,” Ricardo Pereira told RTP.

“Leaving a city that I consider mine, Porto, was extremely complicated. I had several hesitations even after signing.”

Embed from Getty Images

Ricardo Pereira left Porto to join the Foxes in a €22m deal. With 37 appearances in his first season for the club, he soon proved to be a good investment for Leicester City.

But despite his good form for the Foxes, Pereira still struggles to be a regular player for the national team, having only five appearances for them so far.

He’s talked a little about that as well.

“Every player likes to be called to represent the country. But it’s the coach’s choices to be respected. And above all my first goal is to do my work here, every day here in training.”

RTP finishes the story wondering ‘who knows’ if Ricardo Pereira will ever sign for a ‘big’ Premier League club, but there aren’t any comments from the player on that.

4 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Bit late but I found the constant booing of Maguire a bit strange. Fair play, do it at the start or even if you're just having a laugh, but if we're going to spend all game booing every player who's left that isn't Kante or Mahrez, I find it a bit odd. If him going on about how happy he is to have joined Man United upsets you, then that says a lot more about you than him. 

That said, I don't mind giving some back after their chant about him and I felt sick when Gray completely bottled that 50/50 against him. 

He was a good player here and was a bit of a national hero during the 2018 World Cup which was cool, but good luck to him. We got a ridiculous amount of money for him and he never spat his dummy out to force a move and left completely amicably.

Lastly, him winning the 2017/18 player of the year ahead of Vardy was a travesty.

Yeah I don't get it, i don't really feel anything towards Maguire don't wish him well or wish him bad, he's just another opponent now

4 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Lastly, him winning the 2017/18 player of the year ahead of Vardy was a travesty.

I still find that decision utterly bizarre.

We were the biggest one-man-team in the country that season with Vardy and I still dont know how he got 20 goals that season with Puelball giving him no service.

I thought it was the biggest shoo-in you could imagine that Vardy was going to (as he absolutely deserved to) win it.

How the hell Maguire won that ahead of him was headscratching at the time and still is. Especially as Maguire made several errors towards the 2nd half of that season when the voting was being done.

Only thing I can think of is Maguire having the "gimmick" of being a new player while Vardy had been here years and so people were just so used to his level of performances.

• Like 3

I've hated Leicester since they used that drug regime to steal the premier League title.
Lowest of clubs and their support is scum

The FightingCock match thread is brilliant.

https://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/leicester-city-v-tottenham-hotspur-21-09-19-12-30pm.33270/page-48

• Haha 3