Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

Be kinder to Lawro - he predicted us to lose more or less every game in 2015/16 so in some way he was our lucky charm.

I think at one point towards the end of the season he actually said he believed we would win the league yet still predicted us to lose every game. lol

You need to take a lot of these predictions with a pinch of salt, for some reason, football punditry and reporting can be pretty poor with little depth and research done beyond misleading headlines and opinions are are formed by common perceptions. Any other kind of “respectable” reporting that had such little research and was formed on poorly generalised perceptions wouldn’t be tolerated by their bosses or the reading public. 

Imagine the bbc headline

Italian economy collapses because they all sleep for three hours every afternoon. 

13 hours ago, foxer said:

Lawro's assessment of us is quite encouraging:

"I have heard a few people saying Leicester might be the team that breaks into the top six next season - well, not for me.

I don't understand why they did not replace Harry Maguire after selling him to United for £80m, and they rely too much on Jamie Vardy for goals. If he gets injured, they are in trouble."

He then goes on to say that a top 10 finish for wolves would be decent. He obviously thinks the top 6 is decided already then despite man u, Chelsea and arsenal all having major flaws 

yeah it is quite encouraging given that he's usually wrong.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Doesn't Lawrenson have Liverpool unbeaten in the last 3 years or something on his weekly him vs a celebrity predictor thing?

The mans a ****ing idiot.

And given the fact they've lost about 10-15 of those games out of 114 I imagine more often or not they've come through for him. So perhaps not.

Clearly he's bias but they are never a bad bet, well most weeks at least. 

The frenzy he whips you lot up in to still amazes me but there we are. Here's to another season of Lawro wuming.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Be kinder to Lawro - he predicted us to lose more or less every game in 2015/16 so in some way he was our lucky charm.

Ya..

I took my st Christopher Necklace off and replaced it with a silver plated Lawro one..:worship:

9 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I tried to put all prejudice aside, and listen to what she's saying, but she is ever so slightly boss eyed, and that's all I can concentrate on.  Sorry. 

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I tried to put all prejudice aside, and listen to what she's saying, but she is ever so slightly boss eyed, and that's all I can concentrate on.  Sorry. 

Never noticed until you mentioned it, my eyes were aimed at a level lower than her eyes...but damn you, I can't stop looking at her bloody eyes now.

• Haha 2

On 09/08/2019 at 16:54, Manwell Pablo said:

And given the fact they've lost about 10-15 of those games out of 114 I imagine more often or not they've come through for him. So perhaps not.

Clearly he's bias but they are never a bad bet, well most weeks at least. 

The frenzy he whips you lot up in to still amazes me but there we are. Here's to another season of Lawro wuming.

I like him. I like most pundits that seem to get walloped. 

Jenas, Andy Townsend, Glenn, Rio, Hargreaves, Shearer, Keown, Alex Scott even.....Garth Crooks in a way for the parody - it's great that the mentally ill are allowed to work in broadcasting

Unsure about the radio 5 non entities like Warnock, Osman and Brown. Fairly vanilla

It's the sky mob who I don't like: Souness (is he well?) and the dreadful Carragher

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

You know what, I'm willing to put my hand up and admit I watched all of that because I enjoyed most of it. Actually made me chuckle by and large. 

No idea what's wrong with me this morning. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Inconsistency is hot. :)

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

"Premiere Ship" :angry:

And reading off a prompter. Hurts her eyes more than mine. :D

Other than that, proper dinner date candidate. For a starter.

I'm sure she'd beg, borrow and steal to go on a date with you lol 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

I'm sure she'd beg, borrow and steal to go on a date with you lol 

She's cute and has got a good sense of humour and a great laugh. Don't see that very often with women over here, too distant and self-absorbed mostly.

Seeing that she's originally a baseball pundit, we'd have to skip that one topic already entirely, though. lol

Edited by MC Prussian

4 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

"Premiere Ship" :angry:

And reading off a prompter. Hurts her eyes more than mine. :D

Other than that, proper dinner date candidate. For a starter.

You only taking her for a starter you tight tw@ lollollol

• Haha 2