Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

Just now, copunk said:

Hhhuuummmeeee I liked, however the mention of Elvis Hammond brings back bad memories, how fortunate we are now to be in the position we are 

The worst of it is I'm sure we had Hammond on loan first but were still somehow convinced to make it permanent. 

17 hours ago, Corky said:

David Connolly was on last night so I assume it was him.

David's doing a lot more with us on talkSPORT.

Does loads of prep, shiitloads in fact, and not all pundits do that.

Speaks really well and friendly to work with.

I'm presenting a show on TS tomorrow night, the phone in after the England game, with Darren Bent.

Will try and shoehorn in as many references to LCFC as possible without sounding too much of fan lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

https://www.football365.com/news/norwich-top-our-premier-league-winners-and-losers

Brendan Rodgers
Really disappointing. With great hope comes expectation. Rodgers will have pleaded patience to his club and has done so to supporters, reminding them that it is a long-term project to take Leicester back into the top six. But those above Leicester have obvious flaws and have European football to contend with. Rodgers has a deep squad that blends youth with experience. They went to Old Trafford without the consideration of a midweek European fixture to face an opponent flummoxed by injuries and patchy form.

The frustration is not that Leicester lost, because that can happen. But that they barely failed to land a significant blow and were held largely at arm’s length by a Manchester United side who should cause Leicester no fear. They fell behind through defensive mistake, but had already allowed United to take a foothold in the match.

No crisis for Leicester, but still great disappointment and a firm checking of early-season optimism. This was meant to be the match where they demonstrated how far they had come. In fact, it showed just how far Leicester still have to go.

Pretty much spot on!

44 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

https://www.football365.com/news/norwich-top-our-premier-league-winners-and-losers

Brendan Rodgers
Really disappointing. With great hope comes expectation. Rodgers will have pleaded patience to his club and has done so to supporters, reminding them that it is a long-term project to take Leicester back into the top six. But those above Leicester have obvious flaws and have European football to contend with. Rodgers has a deep squad that blends youth with experience. They went to Old Trafford without the consideration of a midweek European fixture to face an opponent flummoxed by injuries and patchy form.

The frustration is not that Leicester lost, because that can happen. But that they barely failed to land a significant blow and were held largely at arm’s length by a Manchester United side who should cause Leicester no fear. They fell behind through defensive mistake, but had already allowed United to take a foothold in the match.

No crisis for Leicester, but still great disappointment and a firm checking of early-season optimism. This was meant to be the match where they demonstrated how far they had come. In fact, it showed just how far Leicester still have to go.

Hard to disagree but it winds me up because it’s these sites who have been hyping us up to high heaven.

I think the majority of level headed fans on here and even off here KNEW and still do know we have a hell of a long way to go. We don’t need the reality check it’s in front of our eyes. 

• Like 2

The topic-title,could also fit this forum....

too many high expectations,und should haves,and could haves.....

To Enjoy the season One has to Take the rough with the smooth,and Stop

believing, "We all see selection & formation better than others....!!!

29 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

The topic-title,could also fit this forum....

too many high expectations,und should haves,and could haves.....

To Enjoy the season One has to Take the rough with the smooth,and Stop

believing, "We all see selection & formation better than others....!!!

But this is foxestalk where we all believe we know best. ... i am certain i do

17 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

But this is foxestalk where we all believe we know best. ... i am certain i do

ha-ha, even when we disagree we are all right. of course we are. we know we can pick the team and decide the tactics better than any manager and his coaching team cos we are totally unburdened by such things as having to watch the players in training or whether or not they are feeling under the weather, carrying a slight knock, or not in the right frame of mind due to coping with family issues and the million and one other little matters of no consequence to us. It is of course black and white, they are either great or shit and therefore should be played in every game regardless or immediately sold/loaned to whoever will take them off our hands (and these decisions should always of course be based on wild supposition and bias, in complete ignorance of any actual evidence or stats).

This football management lark sounds easy. might have to give it a go someday

• Like 3