Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

3 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

@urban.spaceman

Did you see the number of comments from hurt Sheffield Wednesday fans (with some justification, I don't feel ok with what's happened).

I'd be bothered more if they didn't sell their ground to their owner to justify funding for the FFP rules.

But the hypocrisy makes #Nofuchsgiven

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

@urban.spaceman

Did you see the number of comments from hurt Sheffield Wednesday fans (with some justification, I don't feel ok with what's happened).

I don't see much of an issue with it personally. It's just us being extremely savvy and Wednesday being totally naive. It's not our fault the rules work the way they do - in exactly the same way as our administration. 

Though this comment was ****ing perverse:

Didn't the guy who facilitated, effectively oversaw and sanctioned this system abuse end up in a chopper accident?

7 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I don't see much of an issue with it personally. It's just us being extremely savvy and Wednesday being totally naive. It's not our fault the rules work the way they do - in exactly the same way as our administration. 

Though this comment was ****ing perverse:

Didn't the guy who facilitated, effectively oversaw and sanctioned this system abuse end up in a chopper accident?

I can get worse... :ph34r:

Deleted 

Edited by LC/FC
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

275061491_Screenshot2019-08-08at21_07_37.thumb.png.ff9d510467eba4df32d9c2cf383753c0.png

Did we not offer £1 million for him when he had 6 months left on his contracct and they rejected that then refused to play him? (Genuine question)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lcfc81 said:

Did we not offer £1 million for him when he had 6 months left on his contracct and they rejected that then refused to play him? (Genuine question)

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what happened 

• Like 2

They also didn't play George Hurst at any level in his last year because he refused to sign a contract which is his right.

I don't blame Hurst for making sure they received minimal compensation when they tried to ruin his career. 

• Like 1

Lawro's assessment of us is quite encouraging:

"I have heard a few people saying Leicester might be the team that breaks into the top six next season - well, not for me.

I don't understand why they did not replace Harry Maguire after selling him to United for £80m, and they rely too much on Jamie Vardy for goals. If he gets injured, they are in trouble."

He then goes on to say that a top 10 finish for wolves would be decent. He obviously thinks the top 6 is decided already then despite man u, Chelsea and arsenal all having major flaws 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, foxer said:

"I have heard a few people saying Leicester might be the team that breaks into the top six next season - well, not for me.

I don't understand why they did not replace Harry Maguire after selling him to United for £80m, and they rely too much on Jamie Vardy for goals. If he gets injured, they are in trouble."

He then goes on to say that a top 10 finish for wolves would be decent. He obviously thinks the top 6 is decided already then despite man u, Chelsea and arsenal all having major flaws 

This is the same man who, when pressed as to why he thought Leicester wouldn't win the title in 2016, came out with the blinding reasoning of 'because they won't, they can't'. 

It still annoys me that his arrogant dismissal wasn't ever challenged. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I’ve just read the BBC Sports article by their pundits and fkin hell its so riddled with cliche, it’s an absolute eyesore to read 

Don’t you just LOVE paying your license fee?! 

• Like 1

13th May 2014, 07:39 PM#4
NorwayFB is offlineThe elderly, irritating relative at weddings

£180m might,just might make them PL regulars,nothing more imo.

My name is not Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha,but Leicester won't be a top 5 side in my lifetime.

Wolves fan

Posted the season we came up and Vichai said his ambition was to make Leicester a top 5 side.
Edited by VIKTOR-LE5

6 hours ago, foxer said:

Nailed on for a Champions League spot. :brendan_still:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, foxer said:

What was seen as last seasons flaws, und being carried into this season,is somewhat premature....it hurts to say it...but unless we hit a vein,like our title year,

Those 2 clubs will be still across the divide to us...!!  They Too have invested wisely...and have a Bit more clout....

Even this forum,when hard on hard comes, have more than a few posters,still have them above us.....

We all Hope for a nice Surprise come Easter...but Dont expect it!! ....I for One expect both to compete for that 3rd spot...

And Chelsea are Not in turmoil,they still have a cracking Squad,maybe easier without Hazard..!!! Just Not that magic...

I Predict also Wolves,with their European commitment,will Not Drop off,as some assume...Sunday will be an hard game,maybe 2 weeks Too Early for us.

The Harry effect,will be hurting,some players!!

But what a cracker....I Dont see either,Praet Nor Ndidi starting...Take the Bias away....who can Call it?   ??:dunno:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, VIKTOR-LE5 said:
13th May 2014, 07:39 PM#4
NorwayFB is offlineThe elderly, irritating relative at weddings

£180m might,just might make them PL regulars,nothing more imo.

My name is not Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha,but Leicester won't be a top 5 side in my lifetime.

Wolves fan

Posted the season we came up and Vichai said his ambition was to make Leicester a top 5 side.

Fair assesment..!!!

If the old cracker Kicks it,Next March...:P

5 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Fair assesment..!!!

If the old cracker Kicks it,Next March...:P

Except if he survived the first half of 2016 it's already happened in his lifetime.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, foxer said:

When West Ham signed Dembe Ba Lawrenson said that the scout who discovered him should get a medal.

He was the third top goalscorer in the bundesliga the season before. 

A lot of these pundits know nothing outside their own comfort zone. I'm not surprised our title winning chances were dismissed by the likes of him because he judged us on perception. If that was exactly the same players playing for a top six club he would have gave that team much more respect. 

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

When West Ham signed Dembe Ba Lawrenson said that the scout who discovered him should get a medal.

A lot of these pundits know nothing outside their own comfort zone. I'm not surprised our title winning chances were dismissed by the likes of him because he judged us on perception. If that was exactly the same players playing for a top six club he would have gave that team much more respect. 

This is the same Lawrenson who - in his weekly feature - predicted Liverpool to go unbeaten for something like 3 seasons on the trot. He and a lot of the other 'celebrity'-style pundits live in their own little bubble and are completely oblivious to anything outside of it.

13 hours ago, foxer said:

7 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

This is the same man who, when pressed as to why he thought Leicester wouldn't win the title in 2016, came out with the blinding reasoning of 'because they won't, they can't'. 

It still annoys me that his arrogant dismissal wasn't ever challenged. 

6 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

What was seen as last seasons flaws, und being carried into this season,is somewhat premature....it hurts to say it...but unless we hit a vein,like our title year,

Those 2 clubs will be still across the divide to us...!!  They Too have invested wisely...and have a Bit more clout....

Even this forum,when hard on hard comes, have more than a few posters,still have them above us.....

We all Hope for a nice Surprise come Easter...but Dont expect it!! ....I for One expect both to compete for that 3rd spot...

And Chelsea are Not in turmoil,they still have a cracking Squad,maybe easier without Hazard..!!! Just Not that magic...

I Predict also Wolves,with their European commitment,will Not Drop off,as some assume...Sunday will be an hard game,maybe 2 weeks Too Early for us.

The Harry effect,will be hurting,some players!!

But what a cracker....I Dont see either,Praet Nor Ndidi starting...Take the Bias away....who can Call it?   ??:dunno:

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

6 minutes ago, Xen said:

This is the same Lawrenson who - in his weekly feature - predicted Liverpool to go unbeaten for something like 3 seasons on the trot. He and a lot of the other 'celebrity'-style pundits live in their own little bubble and are completely oblivious to anything outside of it.

Be kinder to Lawro - he predicted us to lose more or less every game in 2015/16 so in some way he was our lucky charm.