Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ben Chilwell: A possible star in the making

Great to see Chilwell kick on from the last international break and further stake his claim to be first choice left back. Given he has 4 caps to his name, he looks very comfortable and assured on the international stage

He's every right to be picked above Shaw in the current squad so hopefully he starts again against Croatia 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bryn said:

Didn't stand out but looks very comfortable at that level, no errors, some good runs forward and one delightful ball into the box that ought to have been used better.

I think he might be first choice. I'm optimistic that he was subbed last night because he's starting on Sunday.

I agree, it seemed like a "managers agreement" with Puel. Don't forget that Chilwell went to Thailand and has gone through the emotional trauma like the rest of us. It would be silly to keep playing him when the Croatia game is huge and the USA game was done and dusted by half time.

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Bet you lost at pool...

:P

Why don't you do us all a favour and fecking do one. 

Clever tw@ yes we did in a cup game. Second in the prem to fourth in div 3 we never stood a chance lol lol but you should have heard them bitching because they didn't smash us lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Anyone else getting worried about how these performances might be drawing attention from some big teams? 

Tbh if he hadn’t got the assist he probably wouldn’t have been highlighted today. Steady game but nothing spectacular and some shocking set plays before the goal. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Tbh if he hadn’t got the assist he probably wouldn’t have been highlighted today. Steady game but nothing spectacular and some shocking set plays before the goal. 

Before the game Stuart Pearce was saying he'd pick him as first choice LB. As you said, he was average today but his progression from last season must have attracted a fair bit of attention. 

Good performance, but I think he should take on his man more often! He has the skill to beat them and for us he doesn't cut back in and play it backwards nearly as much.

I also think the other England team players need to play it to him more often. Rashford in particular declined the give and go or to play Chilwell in many times. It's not a contest Marcus, you win and lose together as a team!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Phube said:

It’s quite funny, for some reason there are some bitter Man U and Liverpool fans on Twitter who seem to hate Chilwell because their LB’s are 100x better! :dunno:

Liverpool fans have an argument with Robertson. Anyone putting Shaw ahead of him at present must be nuts.