Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ben Chilwell: A possible star in the making

9 hours ago, Hanan96 said:

In that season, fuchs are the main lb until puel take over

Many fans here wished schlupp still here so can loan him out as he's not pl standart 

Even after puel come, he still slated so many times and many wished fuchs comeback. 

Even now some still wants fuchs over him

It's not as obvious as you said

Yeah it is to anyone with common sense 

What impresses me a lot about Chilwell is his control of the ball in tight spaces. Didn’t realise how quick he was too. He’s going to be a world beater one day, terrific player with such enthusiasm. Love him

Edited by M0901
  • Like 3

On 04/11/2018 at 10:51, Bryn said:

I reckon he nails down England's left back spot this season. He looks a hell of a player and he's consistent and reliable. Why try and work around Shaw's fitness and whether or not Rose is in the first team when Chilwell is outplaying them both anyway?

Yep by the end of the season people won't be talking about anyone other than Chilly for the left back spot.

5 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Yep by the end of the season people won't be talking about anyone other than Chilly for the left back spot.

Totally agree. He's miles and miles the best full back in the country. Few people outside if Leicester know this yet. And this comes from me, who insisted that schlupp was a better option til the start of this season.

once his delivery tightens up - and it will -  the lad has absolutely everything you could possibly want in a full back. Ashley Cole level.

I hesitate only a little when I say this, but if he carries in he's gonna be amongst the best in Europe. 

Glad he gets the praise he deserves and that he's establishing himself as our No.1 left-back.

Wish Ben very well, I usually liken him to our very own version of Leighton Baines, he reminds me a lot of him.

If he can add a bit of talent with free-kicks and becomes a threat at set-pieces, we'll have one heck of a defender on our hands.

I'm pleasantly surprised at the progress Chilwell has made since last season to the point where 'eating my hat' would be in order.

I had serious doubts (the concerns are still there albeit far less pronounced) about his defensive ability and his final delivery, but his considerable strengths are outweighing these cons comfortably this season.

So much happens down our left and that is exclusively down to Chilwell who is a real menace. Keep it up Ben!

still genuinely think he must have been replaced by a twin brother or something in the summer. he’s literally improved every part of his game by an unreal amount in about 6 weeks. 

turns out people like jurgen klopp, wenger, ranieri and puel know more about spotting potential in a youngster than i do. mental. 

• Haha 3

On 09/11/2018 at 16:23, ScouseFox said:

still genuinely think he must have been replaced by a twin brother or something in the summer. he’s literally improved every part of his game by an unreal amount in about 6 weeks. 

turns out people like jurgen klopp, wenger, ranieri and puel know more about spotting potential in a youngster than i do. mental. 

Ben obviously needs to take a lot of credit but so do Claude and the coaches. 

26 minutes ago, Beechey said:

image.png.b13d166941accf68295dab00b505050f.png

3 top-class forward players, and Bellerin who's one of the fastest in the league, and none of them are even close the our Ben.All of them for 'Big 6' clubs, too.

One-off stats in isolation rarely tell a full story, but it certainly reads well for the lad. Has an engine on him, thats for sure.

Edited by Xen