Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ben Chilwell: A possible star in the making

Incredible transformation from him really, he's turning into a fantastic full back.

Says a lot when that was probably his least impressive England performance. His set pieces were poor and I don't think he meant to cross it in as low as he did for the winner lol

Nevertheless, he's been our best player this season. Love the guy.

47 minutes ago, davieG said:

Perhaps because he's left footed, fairly fast and has a clear run back to the defensive line if the set piece ends up in a break away. Or maybe he was better in training and just needs more practice in a match environment.

More than happy for him to continue practicing in match environments, for England. It's another string to his bow.

4 hours ago, tylesta said:

We are not his own town team he his from milton Keynes

I guess i meant that he came through the youth ranks here and would (hopefully) see himself as a fox in the same way Andy King does who we got from chelsea and came through the youth team..

We all know one of his weakest part of his game is his crossing, so i can only imagine all week in training he been like a prime David Beckham. That is literally the only explanation for him being trusted to take so many in a real game. 

Edited by les-tah

Really pleased for him as he looks to be making himself an England regular. he is still not the finished article and still has a lot to learn but will only get better the more he plays. really good at getting forward and setting up chances for his teammates.

• Like 1

I would now change the threads wording...he is now a recognised star,can be become world-class and play at that level consistently!!!

I have always backed and supported the lad,against all negative posts that were thrown in his direction.

proving again that this fan base has a large minority,who have no idea how

1. To support a young player,

2.To look at the players whole game

3.not to go OT T on individual and single game errors.

4.Don't analyse situations into the ground..especially young and new players,plus a developing team

5. To look at the players good points,and how often do they come out over short,then longer periods.

6. Don't be tight minded,be more open to understand what is needed for a very young player,to develope

7.never,never forget every single WClass player has even lost their team, a few games.

8. To thank God that you are not answerable for player management!!!

He's a player who could develope,into an International quality utility player..LFB or Wingback/midfielder

I wonder if he could play eventually also on the right-side??I

We have found a gem...If Gray, and Maddison could follow suit,we will have some team!!!

Just a wild thought..4 Leicester players in the next Wcup teams!!

Some of you will have,our best players,automatically being sold...

I for one ignore that idea,because until it actually happens why speculate,

It's a negative assumption and tone..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, les-tah said:

We all know one of his weakest part of his game is his crossing, so i can only imagine all week in training he been like a prime David Beckham. That is literally the only explanation for him being trusted to take so many in a real game. 

I actually think he has been,good at crossing,like Albrighton not his fault our players,don't attack the ball in the penalty area.

Though I would agree in part  his corner-taking needs to improve on deliberation and consistency!!

2 minutes ago, Peckfortonfox said:

Spurs fans reckon they can get him for 25million

If so, they're delusional.

That probably wouldn't be too bad a price for a player of his current ability IF he was at his peak and it was 2+ years ago. With the way the market has changed and Ben's huge potential for growth, that valuation is quite frankly an insult.

He's already hitting the heights as a 21 year old, with 5.5 years left on his contract. Not a chance we'd even consider entertaining any offers unless they at least doubled it.

He's getting regular football, has broken into the England team, is working with some of his best mates and is at a club he evidently loves. Why would he change that when you see so many of our English players at the top 6 having to come on from the bench, or relegated to cup matches? Not at all concerned about him going right now - he's exactly where he needs to be at this stage of his career. 

9 hours ago, harpendenfox said:

We’re 3 points off 7th with 26 games to go.

We are in a reasonable position. I just feel we should be playing better with a manager knowing his best 11 and having a style of play we use every week. Maddison AM, and kelechi and Vardy up top will create and scare opposing teams. Cardiff and Burnley has been better, prior to the horrible fatal incident - Bournemouth away pathetic and few others [ not downgrading bournemouth at all more the manner of our performance and team application ] 

Taking it back to Chilwell. I am delighted to see him in an England shirt, playing as our first choice left back and signed to a long term deal. I just think there are aspects we shouldn't ignore such as defensive positioning + final ball that when we gets those he will be a superb left back for years to come. 

8 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Chilwell is fine defensively. Also, I’d say Gray has improved & Vardy who scored 20 goals last season has misssd quite a few sitters this season (talking 4 or 5 that he should have defiantly scored). 

We are challenging for the top 7? We are what, a couple of points away. No one expects us to finish 7th, would be nice but I don’t believe people really think we have to finish 7th & if we don’t the manager has to go considering teams like wolves, Bournemouth and especially Everton who have some fantastic attacking players. 

Chilwell is doing well. But he can still improve. His positioning needs work however for a full back he is so composed and aways supports the attacks. He will be a superb full back and glad he has signed to us longterm. 

Gray I am unsure really, as he always shows immense potential. And usually plays very well for England youth sides. There is a great player there somewhere, just need to find his best position and give him 1Oplus games to show how good he is and can be. 

Edited by HKFox

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Luke Shaw went for 30 and he hadn't even played for England.

this is us we’re talking about, though. we’ve sold two of the best players in the world and our two best players probably ever for less than 100 mill combined in the last few years. don’t think chilwell will want to leave for a while though so shouldn’t really be a worry. 

6 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Incredible transformation from him really, he's turning into a fantastic full back.

Says a lot when that was probably his least impressive England performance. His set pieces were poor and I don't think he meant to cross it in as low as he did for the winner lol

Nevertheless, he's been our best player this season. Love the guy.

yeah glad i ain’t the only one who thought that ball in was another poorly hit cross that actually turned out really well haha. 

35 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

this is us we’re talking about, though. we’ve sold two of the best players in the world and our two best players probably ever for less than 100 mill combined in the last few years. don’t think chilwell will want to leave for a while though so shouldn’t really be a worry. 

yeah glad i ain’t the only one who thought that ball in was another poorly hit cross that actually turned out really well haha. 

Ffs, !! so another who looks to find negatives..

Just for you, he can carry on hitting poor crosses,stumbling through games,get his foot in the way stopping crosses,so long as he does it

Week in week out for Us,I don't give a shit,if he falls  over his erection,while crossing or scoring an overhead kick,or slips on his case while

Passing to Vardy to score.....So long as it's for Leicester.   31,999 fans can take the Pss if they want,but I Know he's a good player,and will

Support him,so long as he wears the foxes badge,or leaves and wears the 3 lions. He's proved he's a PL player, more than you have proved

that You can pick any player!!     

12 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Kante was sold low due to a clause that would have been activated had we not sold to Chelsea, also it was pre Neymar when fees really went up

Yeah. That still sticks in the craw though. 

I mean what would you pay for him now? And to think : suggestion is his release was far lower.