Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Southampton (A) pre match

7 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Most posters said we’d beat wolves. We perform better away from home under puel on the whole and we’ve only played 2 games this season, not sure where the 6 months comes from? We could be starting with 5 new players from last season. 

Name games in the last six months where we have played well and won. Let’s make it since February if you like; there’s not many, yet most seem to think all we have to do is turn up. 

The point I’m making is that at this  stage the ‘positivity’ of the fan base is based on hope rather than a raft of good performances that have put points on the board. 

Time will tell

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Name games in the last six months where we have played well and won. Let’s make it since February if you like; there’s not many, yet most seem to think all we have to do is turn up. 

The point I’m making is that at this  stage the ‘positivity’ of the fan base is based on hope rather than a raft of good performances that have put points on the board. 

Time will tell

Noticed you keep choosing the month where form dipped. Weird, that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beechey said:

Um.

So what should we use to best judge performance; a year ago, or more recent results? 

Take it from March then; good performances where we have won games; I’ll give you one for starters; 85 minutes against 10 man Arsenal ?

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

God we're really crying out for a top quality winger aren't we. Every season we never seem to fix some of the most glaring problems.

It's only the most glaring problem now.

At the end of last season you would have put a RB, CB and No10 as the most needed position to sort out. Although you would like to think next season a top quality winger type will be first on Puel's shopping list now our defence seems to be sorted out. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I put it to you that what happened last season is, for the most part, now largely irrelevant.

Yes you may be right inasmuch as the signings made do look decent.

If he can’t a decent tune out of this lot then the manager will be as poor as I thought he was

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Um.

So what should we use to best judge performance; a year ago, or more recent results? 

Take it from March then; good performances where we have won games; I’ll give you one for starters; 85 minutes against 10 man Arsenal ?

A full season, because football is played in full seasons.

21 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Time will tell

Bar Crystal Palace, Everton & Man City (maybe West Ham) we’ve performed very well away from home under puel.

Stoke - Had plenty of chances to win.

Chelsea - Should have won.

Burnley - Should have scored 3 or 4 that day, one awful mistake by Wes.

Watford - Very unlucky to lose that day, 2 mistakes by Kasper. 

Tottenham - Scored 4 really good goals, I remember 2 mistakes that game from Simpson and choudury. 

++

scoring 4 at West Brom and Southampton, one of only 3 sides I think to take points from Brighton. 

Compare our away form and performances under puel to those under previous managers, that’s where the confidcence is coming from. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Bar Crystal Palace, Everton & Man City (maybe West Ham) we’ve performed very well away from home under puel.

Tottenham - Scored 4 really good goals, I remember 2 mistakes that game from Simpson and choudury. 

++

scoring 4 at West Brom and Southampton, one of only 3 sides I think to take points from Brighton. 

Compare our away form and performances under puel to those under previous managers, that’s where the confidcence is coming from. 

A list that has nothing to do with what I asked you to come up with; which was GAMES WHERE WE HAVE PLAYED WELL AND WON SINCE FEBRUARY ?.

A whole bunch of coulda woulda shoulda - my point made in essence.

Possession up, ability to win when playing well in games...almost non existent. 

I must say though to win 2-0 with only 2 shots on target, as against Wolves is an achievement; although I’m unconvinced based on 40 years of watching football that it’s a template for success.

48 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

++

I believe one of our previous managers, Ranieri had a pretty good away record in his first season?

West Brom and Southampton where we did win were in reIegation form, and will add our win at Brighton was totally undeserved, but I can’t count that otherwise I will be as bad as you with my ‘should haves’

37 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

I believe one of our previous managers, Ranieri had a pretty good away record in his first season?

West Brom and Southampton where we did win were in reIegation form, and will add our win at Brighton was totally undeserved, but I can’t count that otherwise I will be as bad as you with my ‘should haves’

Ranieri didn’t win a single away game is his second season (the more recent season) without N’Golo

2 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Time will tell

I think that optimism can be based on, well, hope, as you say, but also I think that Puel's tactics are beginning to take shape with the players, some really good new signings, most notably Maddison and Perreira, but I think most of all and most pleasing for me, it is the early form of Gray and Chillwell who already look like different players from last year.

The future's bright.  The future's blue.

57 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Ranieri didn’t win a single away game is his second season (the more recent season) without N’Golo

Your point being?

This is like being back in the playground;

YOU said we had to compare Puel’s away record with previous managers; which I did. 

Nothing was said about Kante ffs.

2 hours ago, Beechey said:

2 hours ago, Beechey said:

Hard to specify a month when it exactly dipped,we were equally awful month on month.

2 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

++

You can't have been at Watford ,We were bloody awful,2nd half as bad as anything last season and there is a lot to pick from.

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Time will tell, but the signs are positive.

Yep, a defeat to a terrible Man Utd who actually managed to make Brighton world beaters a week later followed by a fortuitous win against Wolves and anyone who says different is deluding themselves.Lets all see where we are 10 games in before getting carried away by a win against a newly promoted team.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

++

On top of that 

Newcastle - the 3-2 scoreline flattered Newcastle

Southampton  - battered them into oblivion

Don't waste your breath mate.