Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Southampton (A) pre match

10 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

Okazaki worldie incoming? And by that I mean he’ll head the ball off of a defender from a few yards out and it will dribble over the line. :ph34r:

I'm gonna put 50p on a 30-yard screamer scored by the goalkeeper accidentally clearing the ball straight at his knob

50 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Yup i think you guys are right, Fleetwood will probably be when we first get to see him. I had forgot he was injured, I'm just over excited to see him play i think :P

Rob Tanner reckons he won't be available for the Fleetwood match. Too soon, apparently, as he's still got a way to go to shake off the injury. He'll most likely need a couple of u23 games before being considered for the first team squad.

28 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Perhaps a 0-0 is on the cards.

I don't expect Southampton to offer much in attack and I also think we will see a much improved performance from Evans too. 

Lots of possession from us, but without a cutting edge, is what I'm predicting. Will be very happy to be proved wrong!

This is a great test for Puel. These are the games he should be looking to win, if we want a 7th/8th spot finish this season aka best of the rest! 

Nice target...but it's no failure of we miss out.Priority for me is to find 12-14 players we can evolve with,up our performances from last year.

slowly develops a team that guarantees quality PL football,giving us a platform,to challenge for higher goals.

i want a journey of twists and turns, and not depend on this forum,to get us to a top 5 ,with better know-all selections and requested formations..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

Nice target...but it's no failure of we miss out.Priority for me is to find 12-14 players we can evolve with,up our performances from last year.

slowly develops a team that guarantees quality PL football,giving us a platform,to challenge for higher goals.

i want a journey of twists and turns, and not depend on this forum,to get us to a top 5 ,with better know-all selections and requested formations..

It's a nice fairy tale that I think we would all like to have, but the reality is, if clubs like Man City, Chelski and co. come calling for some of these 12-14 players, It would only be a matter of time before they can prise them away. Aiming for a top 7 finish this season and investing in players and a squad full of depth, should be our short and mid-term goals. Long-term should be to develop players through our academy and sign young talents such as Benkovic etc. With European football and top 7 finishes, we are much more likely to be able to hold onto these players we are developing, now and in the future. 

50 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Don’t we have a terrible recent record against that clown Hughes? Think we’ll get beat 2-1 

Nope - he's winless in six against us, and his last one came in January 2015. Not that it means anything, mind.

Screen Shot 2018-08-24 at 12.53.04.png

Edited by JB_Fox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

I'd like to say I'm surprised by the negative undertones from some.

Personally I feel Southampton are a poor and fragile side atm and are there for the taking.

Agreed I personally think Southampton will struggle this season, and it wouldn't be a shock to see them in or slightly floating above the relegation zone. 

I hate to tempt fate though and say we will be doing a repeat of last season, hence my 0-1 win :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, JB_Fox said:

Yep, you're not wrong sadly - winless in six, last one came in January 2015. Not that it means anything, mind.

Screen Shot 2018-08-24 at 12.53.04.png

Hughes last win against us was 2015, we’ve either drawn or beaten his sides since, so a decent record rather than a poor one I would say ?:scarf:

20 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

It's a nice fairy tale that I think we would all like to have, but the reality is, if clubs like Man City, Chelski and co. come calling for some of these 12-14 players, It would only be a matter of time before they can prise them away. Aiming for a top 7 finish this season and investing in players and a squad full of depth, should be our short and mid-term goals. Long-term should be to develop players through our academy and sign young talents such as Benkovic etc. With European football and top 7 finishes, we are much more likely to be able to hold onto these players we are developing, now and in the future. 

I don't mind the aiming,or any high targets,but we shouldn't then create hate campaigns or negative crusades...

you mention fairytale,then your last 2 sentences mirror what I said.

Plus We can't stop the big boys if they come knocking,but if they do,it will mean we have achieved something,and many of those 12-14,players

Could still want to stay,and by that time...the 14-20 placings would also have developed,from the area you yourself mention.

it seems,you want to chase the "no"   then recreate what was posted,in the first place....

look forums are places where one exchanges opinion and ideas,and I am sure in this case,we both want to see a true evolvement,and a

seen honest committed  line on devolopment,this coming 2-3seasons, fans will have their ideal targets,and club management their own.

I am being hopefully pragmatic,and not following any fairytale,to build and take the time your playing squad can produce,is all one can hope for.

I have dreams,ambitions,and even before the title year,have stayed loyal to the word fan (atic),I believe every year,we will extend all ambitions.

f#k reality....but my last post was quite soft and stated..more of less the obvious.  We need to support Puel,in the challenge to bring a new style and

balanced era...to the KP. and we are in a rebuild process,with young players already showing they are ready and wanting to create a new ethos.

they have hunger and waiting won't be their game or character....it's the question....can they!!!

the bus has started the engine,let's enjoy the journey,before we start moaning,and go out just looking for every error of mistake....

cos like all teams,including top clubs,we will make them....it's trying to make less,that brings success in any team sport,especially

Football.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

I'd like to say I'm surprised by the negative undertones from some.

Personally I feel Southampton are a poor and fragile side atm and are there for the taking.

I always agree with you,but even with my same positive waves.....It's going to be fun first to see if this Soton fragile side,

are a side,that our new approach can deal with...I don't see any  away games,as a must or expected win,we ourselves

are starting out on a new path. Players are also bedding into a new scheme and situation...

away games

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I always agree with you,but even with my same positive waves.....It's going to be fun first to see if this Soton fragile side,

are a side,that our new approach can deal with...I don't see any  away games,as a must or expected win,we ourselves

are starting out on a new path. Players are also bedding into a new scheme and situation...

away games

I agree we are a transition in progress bud, however, I feel we will be too strong for them tomorrow.....just my opinion and time will tell ?

• Like 1

We forget it took Vardy quite a few games to score under Puel, during that time I commented that we have found a way to win without his goals which is massive.  Puel is obviously trying to take the responsibility away from our individual stand out performers such as Mahrez & Vardy. He has already stipulated that he could never have replace Mahrez (imo possibly with Zaha) so has looked to distribute the goals and match winning performances across the team which we are already beginning to see.  It is a logical way for a club our size to develop and I believe he will have a concrete plan for this game.  Look for Gray/Maddison/Iheanacho/Perreira to contribute massively over the next few games, possibly even Chilly & Albrighton. 3-1 City.

4 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

We forget it took Vardy quite a few games to score under Puel, during that time I commented that we have found a way to win without his goals which is massive.  Puel is obviously trying to take the responsibility away from our individual stand out performers such as Mahrez & Vardy. He has already stipulated that he could never have replace Mahrez (imo possibly with Zaha) so has looked to distribute the goals and match winning performances across the team which we are already beginning to see.  It is a logical way for a club our size to develop and I believe he will have a concrete plan for this game.  Look for Gray/Maddison/Iheanacho/Perreira to contribute massively over the next few games, possibly even Chilly & Albrighton. 3-1 City.

It took him less than 20 minutes to score under Puel lollol

I reckon we'll be perfectly fine without Vardy tomorrow. Southampton would have sat back and denied him space to be effective. Plus now they don't know how to prepare for us. They think they'll have an easy time of it with no Vardy and no Mahrez, but they haven't seen Madders and Ricky yet :)

We'll definitely struggle without Vardy for the Liverpool game next week, although we probably would lose that one either way. 

On 23/08/2018 at 11:50, Babylon said:

God we're really crying out for a top quality winger aren't we. Every season we never seem to fix some of the most glaring problems.

No we're not.

1-2 win for the City.