Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Southampton (A) pre match

Vardy suspended.

Mendy to keep his place?

I don't know what to make of this current Saints side but our record against Mark Hughes in the last 4 years is brilliant. 

Haven’t seen any of Southampton this season to comment properly but they looked poor last year even after Hughes came in and I don’t think their signings have grabbed my attention for the right reasons. 

Same starting lineup with Nacho for Vardy and I think we will win 2-0. 

1 hour ago, KFS said:

Same side but Iheanacho for Vardy. Ghezzal and Diabate to feature.

I think we desperately need Ghezzal on the pitch, we lack creativity and Albrighton's crosses don't tend to bring us goals, today's fluke notwithstanding. 

If we do start Albrighton, we need him to stop looking to cross to the front of the goal, we don't have the players to do anything other than pick up the pieces if there's a deflection. Perhaps if he targets a trailing Maddison or Mendy higher in the box more frequently we'll get a bit more joy.

• Like 2

Can see what Puel is building and I really hope he gets the chance to finish the project I can see us still having those up and down performances this season in the process and I feel we’re in that stage where it’s hard to see what team will turn up but if we do can see no other than a comfortable win. 

Nacho in for Vardy. Obviously.

Mendy to keep his place alongside Ndidi. Obviously.

Because Ricardo and Chilwell are so dangerous bombing forward and tailor-made for the wing back role, there must be a temptation for Puel to go with three at the back (with Caglar, if fit, alongside Evans and Maguire) and drop Albrighton, with Gray and Maddison playing off Nacho.

Thst's how I'd like to see us line up for this one, which i feel is a very winnable fixture.

19 hours ago, Hammo said:

Nacho in for Vardy. Obviously.

Mendy to keep his place alongside Ndidi. Obviously.

Because Ricardo and Chilwell are so dangerous bombing forward and tailor-made for the wing back role, there must be a temptation for Puel to go with three at the back (with Caglar, if fit, alongside Evans and Maguire) and drop Albrighton, with Gray and Maddison playing off Nacho.

Thst's how I'd like to see us line up for this one, which i feel is a very winnable fixture.

He didn't say he wouldn't use it again. We moved to a back 3 at the end of that game when Amartey came on.