Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Southampton (A) pre match

On 19/08/2018 at 12:38, RowlattsFox said:

One red card and we are already looking light up top if Iheanacho fails to perform. Assume Okazaki will come on to the bench. Was happy to let Ulloa and Slimani leave but think we need an extra striker, even just as an extra option. 

Exactly my point, Vardy injured or suspended where are the goals coming from, not from this lad from Man City, hes not good enough in my opinion, poor management and strategy at the top from Rudkin, one recognised forward and a developing forward in that league, not good enough ????

We are usually sloppy from the start but pick up later, create very few actual shots on target and will gift them at least one clear opportunity.

Have to hope Nacho steps up but I'm still yet to be convinced.

I'm going for 2-2.

14 hours ago, gurru991 said:

It's funny but I always expect City to win even against top six clubs. I am disappointed at times but always am optimistic.

I'm expecting a victory at Southampton !!!

I do the opposite in most cases. Low expectations and hope for a better outcome.

This will be a tough game, if the players don’t bring their A game then 1-0 Southampton and FT meltdown.

Its Leicester though, genuinely anything could happen ?

24 minutes ago, Hinckleyref said:

Exactly my point, Vardy injured or suspended where are the goals coming from, not from this lad from Man City, hes not good enough in my opinion, poor management and strategy at the top from Rudkin, one recognised forward and a developing forward in that league, not good enough ????

Rudkin doesn't have anything to do with the scouting of players. I'm a critical of his but all his remit on bringing players in is negotiating the fee and wages etc. Iheanacho will do well for us anyway. He'll score today for starters 

THink games like today, especially this early into the season, will really indicate where we’re aiming for this season. It’s a winnable game, but will we set up happy with a draw, or turn up expecting the worst (like 2 seasons ago) with the most vague of game plans? 

Will be disappointed if we don’t try and take the game to Soton today. 

1 hour ago, Lesta2014 said:

Will take a draw today, 4 points from opening 3 games I’m happy with. Then have a proper go at Liverpool before the international break.

It's the international break that narks me,  we've only just had a bloody World Cup, who cares! Meaningless games for absolutely no good reason and potentially an injury risk to expensive players paid by their clubs. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

It's the international break that narks me,  we've only just had a bloody World Cup, who cares! Meaningless games for absolutely no good reason and potentially an injury risk to expensive players paid by their clubs. 

I have to admit I'm looking forward to the Nations League games. 4 tasty, competitive games against Spain and Croatia over the season could be decent to watch. I do agree that international breaks can be super boring though.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

England are not progressing as a result of these breaks.  In fact the season has to start early and finish late coz of the international breaks.    If we didnt have so many then there would have been mire prep time b4 the world cup or euros. 

This first break  is rubish... the season starts... and then we stop!

Edited by foxinsocks

7 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

England are not progressing as a result of these breaks.  In fact the season has to start early and finish late coz of the international breaks.    If we didnt have so many then there would have been mire prep time b4 the world cup or euros. 

This first break  is rubish... the season starts... and then we stop!

I suppose in fairness I'm very biased and not very objectives when it comes to international football as I'm a definite club before country man. Not that I don't watch and want England to win but Leicester winning for me is far more important. This year's World Cup was the best for some time and there was a good feeling in and around the England camp, though despite this I do question the level of improvement. Qualification and progression out of the group stage had more to do with with the quality of the opposition that it did ours and when we did play anyone of note, the rest is history. Southgate too, as much as i like him still made those questionable team selections at times. League football is our bread and butter and what we spend our hard earned money on and the potential sacrifice of one of our players through injury or fitness for a meaningless national friendly urks. I would support a ban on all friendlies until a year before the Euros or World Cup.

• Like 1