Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Southampton (A) pre match

Feeling a bit funny about this one. 

I felt quite happy after the Wolves game but realistically, we played against a newly-promoted side at home for 90mins and only generated two shots on target. 

I’m hopeful for this season but we’re still far from the finished product.

I still think by Christmas we’ll be playing with two up front, at least at home. 

Edited by leicesterseddon

People keep asking on here why we only had 2 shots on goal last week.

Players now seem frightened to play the counter attacking long ball from back to front which was one of our main weapons when we won the league? Both Vardy and Iheanacho have the pace to cause the opposition mega problems using the long ball.

It’s great we are getting more balls whipped into the box shame there’s no one to put their head on them…….where’s Howard or Marshall when you need them!

Puel the visionary will play same as last week just Iheanacho for Vardy

Kasper

Ricardo  Evans  Maguire  Chilwell

Ndidi  Mendy

Albrighton  Maddison  Gray

Iheanacho

Easy.  5-1 to Leicester.  My FPL team will shoot up my mini league and all will be good with the world.  X

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

God we're really crying out for a top quality winger aren't we. Every season we never seem to fix some of the most glaring problems.

We’ve fixed one or two over the transfer window haven’t we?

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

God we're really crying out for a top quality winger aren't we. Every season we never seem to fix some of the most glaring problems.

Surely Ghezzal should be up to speed by now. I’d start him against Southampton and Fleetwood

15 hours ago, gurru991 said:

We will score three at Southampton & get the win.

Don't mind a bit of Barleywine myself.  ( anything over 3 goals gets the Tennants super remark )

Edited by Bunyip

13 minutes ago, mikey54 said:

We’ve fixed one or two over the transfer window haven’t we?

And when were those problems obvious, one, two three seasons ago? Most have pretty much  been asking for a better right back, a creative 10 and better CB options for years.

Just now, gw_leics772 said:

If it results in second half 3 at the back like wolves and we can actually score the goals (2 up top, Gray and iheanacho) it could shape our season nicely.

Yeah, would get the pulses racing. Or a nice 4 nil win haha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Wouldn't be Leicester if we started the season without a glaring problem position.

30 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

I think he might start Gray as a striker with Ghezzal on the wing.

I think a rather expensive striker who had a cracking pre season would be pretty pissed off if we did lol

I do think Ghezzal will get a start though. 

4 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

2-0 Southampton. 

With 9 out of 10 posters predicting a win for us; which is ludicrous given we are away & have struggled to play well & win in 6 months; it has to be a home win.

Most posters said we’d beat wolves. We perform better away from home under puel on the whole and we’ve only played 2 games this season, not sure where the 6 months comes from? We could be starting with 5 new players from last season. I am confident, which makes a change from the previous managers. 

Edited by OhYesNdidi

8 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

2-0 Southampton. 

With 9 out of 10 posters predicting a win for us; which is ludicrous given we are away & have struggled to play well & win in 6 months; it has to be a home win.

Some of our best performances last season were away? Take out the Palace result (who seem to enjoy battering us) and our away form last season was very good. Even with that result, our away form was 7th in the league.