Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

UEFA Nations League

After finally figuring out what it was all about, the national league seems pretty pointless to me, it's a second rate contest that won't mean alot even if you win it, the euro 2020 will be one we want to win and you'd hope England would qualify in the normal way by winning the group stage of euro qualification stage starting 2019.

1 minute ago, southfox66 said:

After finally figuring out what it was all about, the national league seems pretty pointless to me, it's a second rate contest that won't mean alot even if you win it, the euro 2020 will be one we want to win and you'd hope England would qualify in the normal way by winning the group stage of euro qualification stage starting 2019.

Not sure you understand it still.

8 minutes ago, Smudge said:

The Northern Ireland game is on ESPN News if you can get that. 

reddit - sky - too.

Norn Ireland playing the best ball I've seen them play since John O'Neill played for them and then Dzeko crosses for a goal.

46 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

It would never replace the Euros in terms of priorities, I think the point of it is to have less pointless friendly matches and more games of a semi competitive nature which cant be a bad thing. So far so good.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

Denmark with the top dogs back in.

Didn't realize Ampadu was Welsh.

It is embarrassing how poor some of the passing is here from both teams. Are we sure it's not the amateurs for both sides?

How were the group's decided for this Nations League? Denmark, who qualified for the world cup and progressed through the group moving up to 9th in the rankings are in group b with the likes of Wales, whilst the Netherlands, who didn't qualify at all and are 19th in the rankings are in group a, with France, Germany, Spain, England, Croatia, etc.

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Didn't realise one team even from the lowest league qualified for Euro 2020. Bit of a joke.

yeah i think if i’m understanding it right it’s gonna end up with some superb “match fixing” in some of the later group games this time round i reckon. teams who are getting done in in their current pots will surely be wanting to get relegated to the pots below to massively improve their chances of qualifying for the next major tournament. 

effectively the worse you are, the easier your chances of getting to the play offs. solid system. 

• Like 1