Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

So many "puel out" calls from fans, so who replaces him?

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

Ah, was it written in a slightly arrogant moral high ground sort of way but wrapped up in inoffensiveness and kisses that eventually just made them snap?

Sums up life on FT.

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

To be fair, I like to think the fact that I know I'm a bit of a twat makes me less of a bit of a twat?  X

Or alternatively that knowledge could be put to reflective use to eridacate twatness entirely? X

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

But it is not intrinsically less exciting than having less possession?  

I don't think it's really an adequate metric of entertainment either way, on its own, tbh. 

I don't broadly disagree with @Koke and I'm not vocally anti Puel but possession and passing statistics going up don't necessarily make us any more successful or better to watch. 

Just means we're playing a different style, for better or worse. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I don't think it's really an adequate metric of entertainment either way, on its own, tbh. 

I don't broadly disagree with @Koke and I'm not vocally anti Puel but possession and passing statistics going up don't necessarily make us any more successful or better to watch. 

Just means we're playing a different style, for better or worse. 

Yeah, I agree with you in the main but I would also say that in general, the better teams do have more possession.  If you look at the top five teams in the world's top 10 leagues they do, on average, have more possession than the bottom 5 teams.  Or the middle five teams.  People can get bogged down in stats but, conversely (and you are not one of these people) some people throw all stats out the window because "we won the league with no possession" which seems a little premature.  On average if you have more possession and more shots than your opposition you will tend to win more than you lose.  I quite like possession based football but I understand the excitement of a fast, quick break after some last ditch defending.  I am just not sure that style is sustainable for long term success.

Edited by RumbleFox

8 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Or alternatively that knowledge could be put to reflective use to eridacate twatness entirely? X

At least he knows he is Swanny. You don't realise that you are. :P

Of course he's on here as are all the other journalists. They know that these days listening to a fan's forum is an important part of their job.

I may give Jakupovic's best mate a hard time but at least he's up front about being here and I respect him for that. I remember when a certain journalist thought he was better than the rest of us on here - seems he's a little less welcome here and with LCFC now.

On 04/10/2018 at 08:23, Swan Lesta said:

Why have a forum at all, you should just decide what is okay for people to discuss.

It's gone beyond discussion....Some of it borders on Pue!-hate....pecking campaigns.

with us sitting in all aspects,an healthy situation...

and one must ask on logical basis what manager do some expect!!

Edited by fuchsntf

3 hours ago, FIF said:

Of course he's on here as are all the other journalists. They know that these days listening to a fan's forum is an important part of their job.

I may give Jakupovic's best mate a hard time but at least he's up front about being here and I respect him for that. I remember when a certain journalist thought he was better than the rest of us on here - seems he's a little less welcome here and with LCFC now.

Who’s the ‘certain journalist’ prof ?? .......     

On 04/10/2018 at 07:48, Koke said:

In the past we would have won that Newcastle game 2-0 but with 35% possession and everybody here would be happy. But we won it 2-0 with 60% possession and because of that we are now boring and many want Puel out? Baffling. 

On every measurable positive stat we are top 10. Goal scoring we are 7th. Passing top 8. Possession top 8. Position  in the table 8th. We are not perfect but I am about 75% happy with Puel. I still think defensively we look fragile at times and sometimes we don't create as much as i would like. But thats the difference between a 7th-10th side and a top 6 side.

Good post actually. The agenda against Puel from some posters on here is ridiculous and without logic.

On 04/10/2018 at 02:04, Raw Dykes said:

Of course it's not. Are you being serious? You could even be a pessimist and still see that someone else is being too pessimistic.

Only if you try hard and ignore your own logic.

7 hours ago, FIF said:

I don't know one way or another but I think you're making a huge assumption there. 

Gary has been writing The Fox for years, well before fans forums appeared.