Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

So many "puel out" calls from fans, so who replaces him?

On 30/09/2018 at 22:43, RumbleFox said:

I do not understand?  Why would a game where one side totally dominated every stat possible be likely to be a bore draw?  By what matrices are you judging a draw a likely result in such a one sided game?  I am not trying to be obtuse for the sake of it I genuinely am confused by your assertion but if you can explain to me I would be keen to listen.  X

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder....what you see and what i see is different.  And expectations, if your happy with a mediocre team performing poorly, and your team likewise doing enough to win, having better stats fair enough.  Me, I saw us trying to control a team by being efficient, and to be honest my expectations are alot higher, I play footy twice a week, and no means of any standards, but believe me, we as a team love the game, we love our art, no matter how shit we are and we give it our all in destroying the opposition.  I like in a world of expectations and doing your optimum, and refuse to expect anything less.

Our adventure as a attacking g force was was quite predictable, chilwell bombed forward and very few occasions and rarely went to the by line, Amartey was a null and void as a attacking force.  Vardy rarely was I the game and so was Ineacho.  People say Vardy is one of the best strikers in the game and how many opportunities did we provide for him, in this game.

I watched 3 matches over the weekend and ours was dullest and most pedestrian..

13 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder....what you see and what i see is different.  And expectations, if your happy with a mediocre team performing poorly, and your team likewise doing enough to win, having better stats fair enough.  Me, I saw us trying to control a team by being efficient, and to be honest my expectations are alot higher, I play footy twice a week, and no means of any standards, but believe me, we as a team love the game, we love our art, no matter how shit we are and we give it our all in destroying the opposition.  I like in a world of expectations and doing your optimum, and refuse to expect anything less.

Our adventure as a attacking g force was was quite predictable, chilwell bombed forward and very few occasions and rarely went to the by line, Amartey was a null and void as a attacking force.  Vardy rarely was I the game and so was Ineacho.  People say Vardy is one of the best strikers in the game and how many opportunities did we provide for him, in this game.

'I play footy twice a  week, and no means of any standards, but believe me, we as a team love the game, we love our art, no matter how shit we are and we give it our all in destroying the opposition'

I do get where you're coming from but whatever the result of your endeavours, it is after all exactly what you say, it's just playing at it and it matters not one hoot whether you win or lose. Leicester on the other hand are a multi million pound business who, whether it entertains us are not, are out to win as a priority first and foremost. When a team sits back as much as Newcastle did, determined above all else not to lose first and foremost (and historical Benitez trait),  the chances of an open and entertaining game are limited. Efficiency was what was called for and efficiency by and large is what we got with some smaller periods of classier slick play. 

• Like 4

I’m not a lover of Puel at all but things are improving so I don’t get why anybody would want him out right now! 

I support Leicester City Football Club and if the managers is doing well then so is Leicester!

And believe me I don’t like Puel much but I like the vision he has 

7 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

'I play footy twice a  week, and no means of any standards, but believe me, we as a team love the game, we love our art, no matter how shit we are and we give it our all in destroying the opposition'

I do get where you're coming from but whatever the result of your endeavours, it is after all exactly what you say, it's just playing at it and it matters not one hoot whether you win or lose. Leicester on the other hand are a multi million pound business who, whether it entertains us are not, are out to win as a priority first and foremost. When a team sits back as much as Newcastle did, determined above all else not to lose first and foremost (and historical Benitez trait),  the chances of an open and entertaining game are limited. Efficiency was what was called for and efficiency by and large is what we got with some smaller periods of classier slick play. 

You missed understood my point, I was asked a very specific thing, I gave a example. 

However, I believe in a footy philosophy of art and expertise....your point of million pounds d bullshit is irrelevant, managers at lower leagues and higher leagues believe in the philosophy I talk about, I fact Puel talks alot about it, and guess what many are successful and many are not.

Using Newcastle sitting back as a example is even more ludicrous, cus I the second half they made a lame attempt....how many times did we test the keeper I the second with any conviction. 

1 hour ago, Dr The Singh said:

What an odd post.  X

• Like 2

Just now, RumbleFox said:

What an odd post.  X

I could say the same about you.  But I'm mature enough to except people have differing opinions, and whether I agree or not, it doesn't really matter.  One thing I love about about the forum is the differing opinions.:thumbup:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

I could say the same about you.  But I'm mature enough to except people have differing opinions, and whether I agree or not, it doesn't really matter.  One thing I love about about the forum is the differing opinions.:thumbup:

Do you except them or accept them? :P

Edited by HighPeakFox

41 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

No no I don't mind people disagreeing with me, in fact I really like it as I like to have my views challenged.  I just genuinely mean I found it odd and am not sure how to respond.  You seem to have quoted my original post but answered a completely different one?  It was not meant as a dig, it was a mere exclamation of genuine confusion.  X

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

No no I don't mind people disagreeing with me, in fact I really like it as I like to have my views challenged.  I just genuinely mean I found it odd and am not sure how to respond.  You seem to have quoted my original post but answered a completely different one?  It was not meant as a dig, it was a mere exclamation of genuine confusion.  X

How? You put in bold the bit about my post where I said it could have been a  bore draw ie the boredom, you stated some shit about stats, matrices, how I judge my conclusion and confusion.  I stated, my perception and my expectations of what football and how a judge a match answering you bore draw stuff.  How is that confusing please do explain?

48 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

How? You put in bold the bit about my post where I said it could have been a  bore draw ie the boredom, you stated some shit about stats, matrices, how I judge my conclusion and confusion.  I stated, my perception and my expectations of what football and how a judge a match answering you bore draw stuff.  How is that confusing please do explain?

Because I took your post to mean that the game was headed towards a bore draw because it was in some way even.  It was the DRAW bit I focused on more than the BORE.  I was surprised by this because to me it was one of the most one sided matches of the weekend.  You then responded by talking about the beauty of the game (a lot of which i agree with you about) but I mentioned nothing about style, or excitement or intrinsic beauty I was talking about expected results and that I was confused about how you saw that game as anything close to a draw.  You seemed to answer a question based upon style and excitement and "what football should be like" which was absolutely nothing to do with my original post.  Like I said, I agree with you on a lot of what you said.  What I did not agree with initially and what you still haven'y explained to me in a manner which changes my mind in how that game was an even one in which a draw would be a fair result?  If I misjudged your original post fair enough but you certainly misjudged my response in yours.

X

Edited by RumbleFox

6 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

You missed understood my point, I was asked a very specific thing, I gave a example. 

However, I believe in a footy philosophy of art and expertise....your point of million pounds d bullshit is irrelevant, managers at lower leagues and higher leagues believe in the philosophy I talk about, I fact Puel talks alot about it, and guess what many are successful and many are not.

Using Newcastle sitting back as a example is even more ludicrous, cus I the second half they made a lame attempt....how many times did we test the keeper I the second with any conviction. 

Philosophy of art and the beautiful game are all very well but if you don't win you eventually get relegated. Paulo Sousa wanted to play champagne football but with beer and chips players,  so much for that experiment, he got the sack!

Also, if you're 2 nil up in the second half why would you want to overstretch in the attacking department, there was some game management going on admittedly perhaps but why would you not protect a two goal lead? If you've got Man City's wealth of talent perhaps you can more afford to be that bit more adventurous, but we haven't,  we've got a team with a lot of young players trying to adapt to a different style for some of them. I think Puel has asserted that he doesn't set out his tactics to slowly and slavishly pass the ball around and you can see attempts at good interplay. He can't win though because if this week he insisted on a more gun ho approach and lost the Puel out brigade would still be after his head!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

Not really. Don't you think that one person could be more pessimistic than someone else?

Only a pessimist would come to that conclusion. An optimist would probably say you're right.

11 hours ago, chapero82 said:

I’m not a lover of Puel at all but things are improving so I don’t get why anybody would want him out right now! 

I support Leicester City Football Club and if the managers is doing well then so is Leicester!

And believe me I don’t like Puel much but I like the vision he has 

Why? Did he crimp off a curled steaming log in your hat or something?

8 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Because I took your post to mean that the game was headed towards a bore draw because it was in some way even.  It was the DRAW bit I focused on more than the BORE.  I was surprised by this because to me it was one of the most one sided matches of the weekend.  You then responded by talking about the beauty of the game (a lot of which i agree with you about) but I mentioned nothing about style, or excitement or intrinsic beauty I was talking about expected results and that I was confused about how you saw that game as anything close to a draw.  You seemed to answer a question based upon style and excitement and "what football should be like" which was absolutely nothing to do with my original post.  Like I said, I agree with you on a lot of what you said.  What I did not agree with initially and what you still haven'y explained to me in a manner which changes my mind in how that game was an even one in which a draw would be a fair result?  If I misjudged your original post fair enough but you certainly misjudged my response in yours.

X

Ok, firstly I didn't say a draw would  be a fair result.  Well the point I was trying to make is, up until the penalty I couldn't see us score, our play was slow, that meant the likes of chilwell were always crossing Infront of the defence. Amartey offered nothing going forward, both Mendy and Ndidi are too similar, Vardy and Nacho rarely threatened.  In the first I can't remember other then a Pereiera shot the goal keeper being tested.  Newcastle were happy to sit tight and comfortable.  After the the first goal, we didn't really press a poor Newcastle side for a second.  They we were playing we were always susceptible for the draw.

12 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

We love our art. Wtf? ? - get someone to video your kick about, watch it back and then double check whether it’s art or just a bunch of sweaty ageing men all chasing after a ball like kids in a school play ground. 

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Ok, firstly I didn't say a draw would  be a fair result.  Well the point I was trying to make is, up until the penalty I couldn't see us score, our play was slow, that meant the likes of chilwell were always crossing Infront of the defence. Amartey offered nothing going forward, both Mendy and Ndidi are too similar, Vardy and Nacho rarely threatened.  In the first I can't remember other then a Pereiera shot the goal keeper being tested.  Newcastle were happy to sit tight and comfortable.  After the the first goal, we didn't really press a poor Newcastle side for a second.  They we were playing we were always susceptible for the draw.

As they had done at home to spurs and Chelsea  - but we played out the game in far more comfort than either of those two ......

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

It's a defence against admitting having got something wrong - it happens all the time, especially politically.

Got what wrong exactly? We aren’t even half way through the season yet, if we go on a long run again like last season of losing etc you will all call for his head again! 

Lets wait until the the end of the season until we start saying who was right and wrong ??

I would love love to be wrong and would hold my hands up if I am!

• Like 1