Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Bournemouth 4- Leicester 2 post match thread.

6 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Ironically, the only people happy when we lose are the Puel in crowd. They can always find positives about being tonked.

Because they already expericenced football seasons and know that one loss  away from home against a midtable team isn't a huge deal ?

The Puel Out brigade is reacting like we lost a playoff for relegation against a team of U13.

Edited by yks
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Mapperleyfox said:

Don't know if this has been mentioned but Bournemouth under Howe have always been a proper snide outfit.

Niggly fouls, sneaky tugs and kicks, diving, in the ref's ear, time wasting etc...

They get away with it IMO cos they're little Bournemouth. I'll be happy to see them back where they came from.

The Gosling hack on Vardy is the sort of foul that needs to start being punished by a red card rather than a yellow.

It’s one thing tugging somebody back or tripping them when they’re breaking away - nobody likes to see that happen to your team but it’s part of the game and highly unlikely to result in an injury for the other player.

What Gosling did yesterday was just boot Vardy in the shin as hard as he could. Not only did he have no intention of winning the ball but it was done in such a way that it could easily have resulted in a bad injury for Vardy.

Vardy is shit*.... at least 3 open chances and he scuffed and missed them all.

* I dont believe this, but its the type of reaction every other player (and manager) gets when we have a poor match.

FFS grow up, we played damn well for most of that game, we had some appalling lapses of concentration but it definitely was NOT dross. We werre exciting to watch pon the attack, fast sharp ball movement and created chances.

• Like 1

On 15/09/2018 at 18:03, HankMarvin said:

almost loss 4 -0 

not sure what you was watching

what would be dross? 

What sort of comment is almost loss 4-0?

We were as close to losing 4-0 as we were to drawing 4-4 (in terms of goals) and as close to winning 0-6 in reality?

I was (not you was) watching the Bournemouth vs Leicester match in beautiful HD with an arabic commentary.

dross is a boring game. this was a fun game with a lot of good football in it from both sides.

Bit confused, scored 2 hit the underside of the bar had a couple of v good chances yet were boring and negative and went too gung ho for some. We defended poorly and got punished they managed the ref far better in what was a poor performance from him as well. Lets hope it is a turning point for us like Claudio going all out vs Arsenal and being well stuffed at the KP. Do not think Puel planned on playing Morgan so much but Evans and Soyuncu are not quite fully fit. For all the moaning on here the guy needs to be given a chance and needs to learn by the mistakes being made if he doesn't then fine move him on, some of the knee jerk reaction on here beggars belief some moaning that we didn't move Maguire on. We have always struggled with Bournemouth and lets be honest look back to when we got a 1-1 draw down their place in our title winning year and plenty were moaning about Ranieri and his tactics that game. Watch Everton Vs West Ham 2 teams supposedly bigger than us and ask yourself if they are that much better 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, katieakita said:

Bit confused, scored 2 hit the underside of the bar had a couple of v good chances yet were boring and negative and went too gung ho for some. We defended poorly and got punished they managed the ref far better in what was a poor performance from him as well. Lets hope it is a turning point for us like Claudio going all out vs Arsenal and being well stuffed at the KP. Do not think Puel planned on playing Morgan so much but Evans and Soyuncu are not quite fully fit. For all the moaning on here the guy needs to be given a chance and needs to learn by the mistakes being made if he doesn't then fine move him on, some of the knee jerk reaction on here beggars belief some moaning that we didn't move Maguire on. We have always struggled with Bournemouth and lets be honest look back to when we got a 1-1 draw down their place in our title winning year and plenty were moaning about Ranieri and his tactics that game. Watch Everton Vs West Ham 2 teams supposedly bigger than us and ask yourself if they are that much better 

Good stuff. My concern is that the fact we could get sucked into a relegation battle, which cannot be simply dismissed considering 27 pts from 26 games under Puel. And would you want Puel in the trenches with you if it comes down to a dogfight. Anywhere in the bottom half is a danger zone these days.

15 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Good stuff. My concern is that the fact we could get sucked into a relegation battle, which cannot be simply dismissed considering 27 pts from 26 games under Puel. And would you want Puel in the trenches with you if it comes down to a dogfight. Anywhere in the bottom half is a danger zone these days.

or 39 pts from 30 games if you count the 4 games before that. Don't know Puels remit from the board but most agreed the old guard had to be moved on. The nucleus of the side has been tied down on long term contracts and our playing style has changed. Puel's plans need time and how much depends on results and performances agreed. If the failings are not addressed then yes we have problems but still early days in the league. For all the negativity aimed at him just cannot see who is lined up to replace him. Not sure anybody has that much of a problem with who he has brought in and the board has backed him, we are going down a path he may or may not be the man to finish the journey. Just seems to be a few on here wanting the guy to fail 

• Like 2

On ‎15‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 18:08, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

Like the rest of you, I am sickened by this awful result, and the first reaction is to blame C.P. and wanting him gone. However, when calming down and being rational, that would be detrimental to our club, at this moment in time.

Only five games have gone, and until January we are stuck with the players we have. Puel will know what he expects from them, and has plenty of time to turn things around, which is something he must do. We must allow him that opportunity, in all fairness to him.  If, after the next seven or eight games, things don't change, then there will be a case for bringing in a new manager. That brings us to the question of who, and I really don't know the answer to that.

We must be patient over the next couple of months, and hope for a change in fortune. It can be done, but we need to back the team.

So just who would you bring in as manager now? Don't say anyone but Puel, because that is not an answer.

I'm no big fan of Puel, but we have to be logical.

7 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I like watching us playing ‘proper’ football and controlling the game - I don’t like us missing chances (our conversion rate when we won the league was a statistical freak btw) and I don’t like us being tactically naive like we were yesterday ....

how much of the bad bits are down to Puel I don’t know but the good bits certainly are ........

Well, I'm going on what I saw at the fag end of last season and what I have seen so far this season and it is relegation displays. If that embarrassing drubbing yesterday doesn't tell you anything then I suppose it must be down to us playing " proper " football.

If we had not got the two lucky wins we would be rock bottom which our displays deserve. Lose or only draw on Saturday and the fraud is out.

need Nacho and Vardy up top and to tighten up at the back, no better time to try a new formation than at home to Huddersfield.

if he persists with this then we still will probably beat Huddersfield but will be exposed again in no time, as everyone  has suggested 3-4-1-2 is the way to go here on in

Edited by whoareyaaa