Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Bournemouth 4- Leicester 2 post match thread.

41 minutes ago, reynard said:

I'm not certain where all this dislike of Morgan comes from. Let's get this staright, Morgan is quicker than Maguire who is quicker than Evans. Let's see some of the blame for yesterday's shambles proportionally shared. Maguire was terrible. We have two full backs who can't defend. The back four is screened, and I use that word with caution, by two holding midfielders, who don't seem capable of doing the job efficiently or consistently and who contribute very little going forwards.

Two wingers yesterday basically didn't show up and Vardy looked rusty and we're not playing to his strengths really.

I get we're a work in progress but we've spent 100 million to get to this stage and we all think we have a decent squad but sadly we don't seem to have a management team able to get them to play together at this moment with any degree of cohesion.

In this league you can only be a work in progress for a short period of time otherwise you will find yourself in a relegation scrap.

No offence, but if Morgan is quicker than Maguire who is quicker than Evans we must get some pace into the back line.

For anyone who wanted to see, Howe played a tactically brilliant game yesterday, exposing our lack of pace at the back. 

It pains me sometimes to read on here that many posters think the likes of John Stones is ‘crap’, ‘we wouldn’t have him here’ blah di blah.

Maguire is the future of our central defence but he must be paired with someone quick to provide the cover.

Morgan is a city legend but he needs replacing for exactly this reason.

• Like 1

Absolute trash from start to finish.

It's interesting to see the wind change direction once more here on foxestalk and for the Puel out movement to gain momentum once again.

But we won't talk about it for fear of being labelled negative and against the team.

He will be gone by Christmas without a doubt, said it since back half of last season.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

It's probably player power keeping us playing 4 at the back. If i remember correctly, Ranieri was told by the players they didn't want to change the formation. 

Oh so Puel is just meant to stand there and let that cost him his job?

Ok, more fool him I guess, I know what i'd do, grow some bollocks and tell them some home truths, until that happens I don't know how anyone can stick up for it.

Outrageous philosophy.

Edited by Matt

9 minutes ago, somebum said:

It's interesting to see the wind change direction once more here on foxestalk and for the Puel out movement to gain momentum once again.

But we won't talk about it for fear of being labelled negative and against the team.

He will be gone by Christmas without a doubt, said it since back half of last season.

Being logical is not being negative.Relegation form from the end of last season carried through to this season.There is no time for infrastructure experiments in this League.Its a results business so ours our consistently inconsistentl to poor.so its time for him to go!

Edited by cropstonfox
  • Like 2

Seems like a lot of talent in this team but a lack of intelligence which costs us so many goals, puel included. Ah please god just keep Morgan out at least we can see what the team should be shaping up like sooner. We just seem so easy for teams to play against which is worrying, complete reversal of the leicester i know

Edited by bfox
  • Like 1

Ricardo is directly costing us about a goal a game.

There's no way we can keep playing him at right back. Yes he's good going forward, but he's quite obviously a winger not a full back.

The way people try to talk him out of bame for all these goals is bizarre tbh. Yes, he's an attacking full back, but he's still a full back - he should still be able to defend.

He's such a massive step back from Simpson defensively.

Maguire has also had a very, very poor start to the season and been just as bad as Morgan if we're honest.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

Chatting to my son before the game and we decided we would rather go for the victory and risk losing than get another 0-0-0 down there

the way the first 15/20 mins panned out, the game could have easily gone in our favour. If we get the first goal then the mindset changes and we stop committing too many men forward and they don’t get such easy counter attacks ....: the defending was poor but there is too much knee jerk stuff on here (as per usual) 

anyway, wes is missing next week so we will see how that pans out - either evans or Caglar should be able to play in what should be a tactical game with both sides trying to keep the ball 

• Like 4

Have just read a few of the Sunday papers and seen the highlights on MOTD. Yes the goals conceded are very disappointing as was the result to say the least.

But from those reports, there is seemingly a huge overreaction by some on here to the defeat. Could have been a very different scoreline according to independent, objective observers.

Of course we must sort the defensive fragility which a formation change would probably address successfully. But perspective is needed in response to one bad result.

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Ricardo is directly costing us about a goal a game.

There's no way we can keep playing him at right back. Yes he's good going forward, but he's quite obviously a winger not a full back.

The way people try to talk him out of bame for all these goals is bizarre tbh. Yes, he's an attacking full back, but he's still a full back - he should still be able to defend.

He's such a massive step back from Simpson defensively.

Maguire has also had a very, very poor start to the season and been just as bad as Morgan if we're honest.

Simpson was costing us goals against last season pretty much every week, that’s why he’s playing for the 23s and no premier league club wanted him despite him being up for sale. 

1 hour ago, somebum said:

And youll celebrate inside won’t you? Despite it probably meaning us being 18th if he’s sacked at Christmas. 

Puel fails, we fail 

Haven't watched the game, was on my way down to London when the second went in and I *cough* lost the coverage ("FFS Leicester, Bournemouth a******gain, I'm turning this **** off!) 

It sounded like we didn't take our chances were ruthlessly exposed for theirs which they snapped up. 

There needs to be changes in defence, Ricardo is leaving us badly exposed at right back, Morgan is aging, Maguire looks like he's got World Cup fatigue. 

It wasn't the losing it was the manner of losing. In my opinion, there will be many more such defeats to come until the owners do what they now must surely do and get rid of Puel.

He was a bad fit for the club from the very start, having been sacked by Southampton for playing the same dreadful football as he is doing now. The club is going nowhere under his leadership and things are going to have to get much worse until he's gone.

And before anyone asks no I don't know who should replace but if they stick with him it will be too late to turn things around.

2 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

It wasn't the losing it was the manner of losing. In my opinion, there will be many more such defeats to come until the owners do what they now must surely do and get rid of Puel.

He was a bad fit for the club from the very start, having been sacked by Southampton for playing the same dreadful football as he is doing now. The club is going nowhere under his leadership and things are going to have to get much worse until he's gone.

And before anyone asks no I don't know who should replace but if they stick with him it will be too late to turn things around.

But who do you think should replace him?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

And youll celebrate inside won’t you? Despite it probably meaning us being 18th if he’s sacked at Christmas. 

Puel fails, we fail 

that old chestnut. Go to hell with that one mate. I love this club yes I might moan but no I won't celebrate inside. But I know you are simply writing this because it pains you to know I was right about puel.

Edited by somebum
  • Like 2

I've enjoyed watching Ricardo contribute going forwards but for yesterdays two Fraser goals where the hell was he, Fraser was Left wing, Ricardos man to mark yet he's not in the camera shot as Morgan and Maguire try to come over and deal with him. Then for another goal the cross comes in from that side, OK you'll never stop them all coming in but it was too easy, there was too much space, in combination with the Fraser goals it adds up to being a shocking defensive performance from him. The pen he conceded I wouldn't include as I'm still not sure about it. The combination of Morgan being on a booking, Maguire being on a booking and a last warning and a right back who's not interested in defending all combined to make us there for the taking. I'm sure Howe had identified this opportunity with Ricardo bombing on upfield and Fraser in decent form they broke quickly and got it out to him early. 

Positives, Foxes never quit, Maddison looked class again, we got through a game with a bizarre refereeing performance with just one red card (I'm not joking, the form he was on anything could have happened).

22 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Simpson was costing us goals against last season pretty much every week, that’s why he’s playing for the 23s and no premier league club wanted him despite him being up for sale. 

Simply not true to anywhere near the same rate. Ricardo has directly cost us 5 goals in his first 5 games.

Simpson didn't have the best season last season but has been reliable defensively for us over 3 years.

Simpson has been dropped because he's a defensive full-back and Puel wants more attacking full-backs, which is fair enough.

But to try and claim Simpson was worse than Ricardo defensively is exactly the kind of bizarre defence of Ricardo I was talking about.

I get why people like Ricardo, he's exciting going forward and has already created a few goals, but there's no way on earth he's a full back. He's a massive step back from Simpson defensively and should be being played as a winger.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, F1_AN said:

Just watched highlights on MOTD and people think Morgan is still up to this level. He’s a shambles 

The thing is, surely he knows it too? You can tell by his face how he's busting a gut constantly to even keep up with the play nowadays. If I got turned inside out and left on the floor by Ryan Fraser I'd be calling it a day immediately. 

That being said HM was shit too yesterday, he needs a proper rest. 

1 hour ago, somebum said:

Mate, I don't think it is so much constructive criticism of Puel or the team that would lead people to label you as negative.  I think it's probably more to do with your constant negative posts?  I may be wrong of course.  X