Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Bournemouth 4- Leicester 2 post match thread.

Not as ridiculous as when we flew from Birmingham to Manchester.... 

Can't fly from East Mid's due to our stupid commercial partnership with Birmingham Airport lol 

Although flying from EMA to Manchester would still be mental. 

On 16/09/2018 at 20:03, foxinsocks said:

If we were heading for relegation then this is how it would start. ... we need to sort ourselves out...  if cp cant do it then i am prepared to take over

Strange comment.

If we were heading to a league and cup treble then this is how it would start too (unless the start was another week).

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

If they were protesting against that, try sitting on the coach there and back having paid for it yourself and watched them lose 4-2 

I guess I can understand them preferring to fly - is it really much quicker though when you add in the drive to and from the airports and the waiting for the planes? - but it certainly shouldn't be aired to the press. Take it up with the management.

Away supporters are the salt of the earth.

I would imagine the players were more baffled than angry about not flying and Dorsett has exaggerated a bit to help sell the story. Anyway, we didn't lose because of travel arrangements, we lost because of poor lineup and tactics. The players should be moaning about that instead.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier

If they were protesting against that, try sitting on the coach there and back having paid for it yourself and watched them lose 4-2 

To be fair to the players some of them aren’t even earning £50,000 per week. 

Least the club could do is fly them down to the game. 

20 minutes ago, FIF said:

I guess I can understand them preferring to fly - is it really much quicker though when you add in the drive to and from the airports and the waiting for the planes?

If you have chartered a private jet you can arrive, check in and be on the runway in twenty minutes.

18 minutes ago, FIF said:

I guess I can understand them preferring to fly - is it really much quicker though when you add in the drive to and from the airports and the waiting for the planes? - but it certainly shouldn't be aired to the press. Take it up with the management.

Agree, not a fan of them airing internal matters like that. But yeah, with the amount of money the owners are worth, a plane down wouldn't cost a lot, was surprised they didn't fly down.

Apparently it wasn't the distance, nor the time it took to get there that upset the players.

It was Puel's insistence on the group singing "The Wheels On The Bus" the entire way, only stopping when he decided to get his arse out and moon adjacent vehicles from the coach window, then threatening to drop the players who didn't partake in a lad-like "wheeeeeeey" reaction.

#ITK

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FIF said:

Strange comment.

If we were heading to a league and cup treble then this is how it would start too (unless the start was another week).

Another reason why i just can’t be arsed to go and watch them much anymore, especially away.

Many modern day, top flight footballers are like spoilt children and about as far removed from

’the comment man’ as you could be.

5 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Elite sport is fine margins. 

If a coach journey means a drop in just a couple of % due to prep then the difference in performance will be clear to see at this level. It would be a huge advantage to the other team. 

If you lose though you have to rationalise what's actually contributed to a losing performance and not make mountains out of mole hills, just move on