Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Bournemouth 4- Leicester 2 post match thread.

36 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

I've enjoyed watching Ricardo contribute going forwards but for yesterdays two Fraser goals where the hell was he, Fraser was Left wing, Ricardos man to mark yet he's not in the camera shot ...

Not Ricardo's fault.

We set up tactically to play attacking full backs that will bomb forward.  When that happens, we have to have a DM dropping back to cover.  If there was wide open space, it is because the line was too high and the rest of the team was not covering the full back.  You can't blame him for going forward, that's his job.  Blame the tactics or the personnel for failing to cover.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

I think we all know Morgan will not be starting for much longer, he's getting no younger but the simple fact is that defensively he's been no worse than maguire this season yet its constantly Morgan that gets the blame. Evans and soyuncu will get their time so let's hope they perform as well as we all want them to because it won't be Morgans fault if they don't 

I think Wes was unlucky to be sent off, taking those 3 challenges like the Terminator, they were strong decent tackles if fairly earthy. The cumulative nature of them plus the   Bournemouth whinging players and fans did it for him. Of course we were 3-0 down and game was done but I think he was hard done by.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, murphy said:

Not Ricardo's fault.

We set up tactically to play attacking full backs that will bomb forward.  When that happens, we have to have a DM dropping back to cover.  If there was wide open space, it is because the line was too high and the rest of the team was not covering the full back.  You can't blame him for going forward, that's his job.  Blame the tactics or the personnel for failing to cover.

Don’t worry Daniel Amartey will be in next week. ?

We weren’t that bad. Defending was awful but we looked good a lot of times.

this sums it up for me.

i watched the game on a stream, we were on top playing some good football and looking the team in control and more likely to take the lead.

my stream froze for about 20 seconds then next thing I see is Fraser celebrating! Same before the second, we looked like edging back into the game, vards had a shot and Maddison hit the bar. Then all of a sudden, sloppy play in the middle and bang 2-0 down!

the peno was a disgrace, not intentional, his arms weren’t in an unnatural position, getting his balance trying to control a bouncing ball. That’s it then game over. Like someone else said on here earlier, we have given them 2 goals and the peno was handed to them by the ref. Bournemouth didn’t do much at all but were 3-0 up by half time!

1 hour ago, Bunyip said:

It wasn't the losing it was the manner of losing. In my opinion, there will be many more such defeats to come until the owners do what they now must surely do and get rid of Puel.

He was a bad fit for the club from the very start, having been sacked by Southampton for playing the same dreadful football as he is doing now. The club is going nowhere under his leadership and things are going to have to get much worse until he's gone.

And before anyone asks no I don't know who should replace but if they stick with him it will be too late to turn things around.

I like watching us playing ‘proper’ football and controlling the game - I don’t like us missing chances (our conversion rate when we won the league was a statistical freak btw) and I don’t like us being tactically naive like we were yesterday ....

how much of the bad bits are down to Puel I don’t know but the good bits certainly are ........

1 hour ago, murphy said:

Not Ricardo's fault.

Agree with this, we actually played well the main issue was Morgan & Maguire couldn’t handle the pace & link up speed of Frasier, Wilson & King (they play very similar to Liverpool front 3) hence lunges & fouls was as simple as that.

Don't know if this has been mentioned but Bournemouth under Howe have always been a proper snide outfit.

Niggly fouls, sneaky tugs and kicks, diving, in the ref's ear, time wasting etc...

They get away with it IMO cos they're little Bournemouth. I'll be happy to see them back where they came from.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Hard to know where to start on that one, lets work from back to front.

- Defence. Dear oh dear. It's just utterly shambolic isn't it? I think other than West Ham we are the worst side defensively in this league. That earlier was not a freak. That's 5, 5 and 4 conceded in 3 of our last 5 away games, and two of those were against midtable sides.

- Wes Morgan. He will get the flack here, but lets just nip this in the bud. Morgan shouldn't be playing, no doubt about it for me, he's past-it now and seeing him still playing is doing nobody any favours (again the player power rumours worry me as Soyuncu was ready to play this weekend, Puel's words). HOWEVER.....

- Maguire. Morgan's become the scapegoat but too many of these are getting away with it for me, Maguire more than anybody - he was an absolute shambles out there today, he's the one who should've been sent off, not Morgan. This isn't a one off with him either. I get we all love him and I get he's a good player but he's a very average defender, lets be totally honest, we need to compensate for that in our system, but we don't.

- The midfield. I'm sorry, one swallow doesn't make a summer. Mendy came into the side against Wolves and felt like a new signing after his really decent performance. Since then, he's been ordinary. Nothing too bad, but nothing special either, certainly not worthy of some of the OTT comments made about him. Ndidi as well I thought was abysmal today.

- Gray. I've had enough of him now. Albrighton is more productive. It's the same story every single time with him. Absolute utter rubbish yet again. I listened to 606 on the way home and a Bournemouth fan rang up saying it was daft how England overlooked Ryan Fraser and allowed him to go and play for Scotland, I was ready to laugh until I stopped and thought... well, if Gray can make the England squad...

- Puel and the system in general. It doesn't work. This 4-2-3-1 needs to go. You cannot get away with a slow pair of centre halves and two full backs who are quite dodgy defensively, playing a high line, against a side with pace like Bournemouth. It's absolute suicide and how many times can Puel get away with making these stupid errors? I get having off days but we've been battered a few times this calendar year. It's early days this season but how many car crash performances can we really afford?

I'm not Puel out but I'm not seeing enough progress. I need to see evidence that this is worth persisting with, and performances as indefensible as that, as frequently as that make it hard to buy into, as much as I like some of what he's trying to do.

Good post. :appl:

As someone who loves to see attacking football I hate to say, but playing 2 attacking fullbacks and 2 slow centrebacks with a high line seems a recipe for disaster. Surely we need 3 CBs to be able to use 2 players that seem more comfortable as wing backs.

I’ve thought for a while now (well, since the WC) that Maguire plays better for England than for us. Perhaps he would be more comfortable on the left of a 3.

On the positive side, I thought that was Maddison’s best game yet.

Too early to be calling for Puel out. Gross over reaction.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Hard to know where to start on that one, lets work from back to front.

- Defence. Dear oh dear. It's just utterly shambolic isn't it? I think other than West Ham we are the worst side defensively in this league. That earlier was not a freak. That's 5, 5 and 4 conceded in 3 of our last 5 away games, and two of those were against midtable sides.

- Wes Morgan. He will get the flack here, but lets just nip this in the bud. Morgan shouldn't be playing, no doubt about it for me, he's past-it now and seeing him still playing is doing nobody any favours (again the player power rumours worry me as Soyuncu was ready to play this weekend, Puel's words). HOWEVER.....

- Maguire. Morgan's become the scapegoat but too many of these are getting away with it for me, Maguire more than anybody - he was an absolute shambles out there today, he's the one who should've been sent off, not Morgan. This isn't a one off with him either. I get we all love him and I get he's a good player but he's a very average defender, lets be totally honest, we need to compensate for that in our system, but we don't.

- The midfield. I'm sorry, one swallow doesn't make a summer. Mendy came into the side against Wolves and felt like a new signing after his really decent performance. Since then, he's been ordinary. Nothing too bad, but nothing special either, certainly not worthy of some of the OTT comments made about him. Ndidi as well I thought was abysmal today.

- Gray. I've had enough of him now. Albrighton is more productive. It's the same story every single time with him. Absolute utter rubbish yet again. I listened to 606 on the way home and a Bournemouth fan rang up saying it was daft how England overlooked Ryan Fraser and allowed him to go and play for Scotland, I was ready to laugh until I stopped and thought... well, if Gray can make the England squad...

- Puel and the system in general. It doesn't work. This 4-2-3-1 needs to go. You cannot get away with a slow pair of centre halves and two full backs who are quite dodgy defensively, playing a high line, against a side with pace like Bournemouth. It's absolute suicide and how many times can Puel get away with making these stupid errors? I get having off days but we've been battered a few times this calendar year. It's early days this season but how many car crash performances can we really afford?

I'm not Puel out but I'm not seeing enough progress. I need to see evidence that this is worth persisting with, and performances as indefensible as that, as frequently as that make it hard to buy into, as much as I like some of what he's trying to do.

:appl:best post I’ve read in a long time.

Okay, so I'm officially on the three at the back bandwagon now. Love Maguire, but he doesn't play as well in a two as in a three.

Soyüncü, Evans, Maguire at the back from now on please, and then Chilwell and Ricardo can do their damage, Ndidi and A N Other can concentrate on pressing, winning the ball back, and laying it off quickly. Meanwhile Maddison can thrive in behind Vardy. Done.

Edited by CloudFox
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, AKCJ said:

I'm going to continue to post this.

Why the **** are we not looking to play 3 at the back? It suits our entire side.

Defence

Soyuncu - Fast defender with a reputation for making mistakes. Would have the ability to play on the right of a back 3 with less fear of being caught out.

Evans/Morgan - Slowing but physically impressive defenders that can lead a defence. 

Maguire - We all know how good he was for England in a back 3.

Wing Backs

Ricardo - Can't defend but looks genuinely good on the front foot. Playing in a back 5 allows him to play to his strengths.

Chilwell - His best asset is his motor. Having him play up and down the left would be an absolute joy. Perfect for him.

Midfielders

Ndidi - One of the best ball winners in the league. Let him mop up in midfield all day.

Mendy/Silva - Less defensive responsibilities. Give them a chance to get on the ball and play.

Attackers

Maddison - Playing in the hole is his forte. He looks a million dollars and we need to play to his strengths and keep him there.

Iheanacho/Gray/Okazaki - All three are decent PL strikers that can chip in with assists and goals.

Vardy - Has looked so isolated for about  8 months now. Please play him with a striker partner.

Schmeichel

Soyuncu Evans Maguire

Ricardo Ndidi Mendy Chilwell

Maddison

Vardy Iheanacho

Can't argue with that ..... Looks a winning side. Big change to tactics though - is Puel too stubborn to try it??

We should have gone to a back 3 once we saw Maguire for England in the WC. Him and Morgan is an absolute mess. Morgan has been ok lately but his decline began when Huth got injured and there is noone to organise defence. Then add the fact Ndidi hasn't been good.

Edited by lgfualol

The manner of yesterday bugged me. I actually thought up until their first we'd probably edged the game. It wasn't the usual slow start.

We were unlucky with the Maddison miss and their penalty, but it shouldn't detract from how easy we were to score against again, that it could've been a lot worse if we'd been down to 10 men at 1-0, rather than 3-0 (which is what should've happened), that we've now been hammered a few times now and that second half was an absolute shambles as well. They didn't look like they had a clue where they were meant to be playing.

I keep saying it with Puel, I want him to succeed here, there are things about him I like but I just can't accept the consistency he shoots himself in the foot. That yesterday was straight out of the second half of last season textbook. We collapsed, basically.

3 hours ago, somebum said:

that old chestnut. Go to hell with that one mate. I love this club yes I might moan but no I won't celebrate inside. But I know you are simply writing this because it pains you to know I was right about puel.

They don't get it do they? We're moaning, we're angry, we're slagging things off because things aren't right and we're not happy with it. We want better.

But no, we're simply just miserable ****ers that enjoy losing and failing ain't we? :rolleyes:

We lost 4-2 yesterday and we're supposed to not be bothered or something? And it's becoming all too common (Not necessarily losing heavily but losing) add to that being bored to tears by this 'style'.

Personally I find it weird these people who aren't angry, slagging things off and aren't pointing out the things that are wrong, like they're happy with it.

Whilst I get being negative (at games) isn't productive towards supporting the team some people simply don't seem to be able to see any of these shortcomings.

but nah, let's shut up, not have our opinions, pretend everything is rosy and hope it continues because apparently there isn't much wrong.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Hanan96 said:

What's the role of Albrighton when he sub in? It seems nacho aren't going wide but albrighton didn't seen much in the no 10 area beside madison. 

Anybody can tell me? 

Btw those who want the back 3,where will you put the like of gray, ghezzal? 

Didn't gray need game time to develop while ghezzal also need to gel with the new team? 

Not to count you need to drop madison to play one of them

1 hour ago, Matt said:

They don't get it do they? We're moaning, we're angry, we're slagging things off because things aren't right and we're not happy with it. We want better.

But no, we're simply just miserable ****ers that enjoy losing and failing ain't we? :rolleyes:

We lost 4-2 yesterday and we're supposed to not be bothered or something? And it's becoming all too common (Not necessarily losing heavily but losing) add to that being bored to tears by this 'style'.

Personally I find it weird these people who aren't angry, slagging things off and aren't pointing out the things that are wrong, like they're happy with it.

Whilst I get being negative (at games) isn't productive towards supporting the team some people simply don't seem to be able to see any of these shortcomings.

but nah, let's shut up, not have our opinions, pretend everything is rosy and hope it continues because apparently there isn't much wrong.

Ironically, the only people happy when we lose are the Puel in crowd. They can always find positives about being tonked.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1