Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Carabao Cup Fourth Round draw. At home to Soton.

9 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

We ain't gonna win the PL so the only chance of a trophy is this or the FA Cup.

Surely we want the easiest possible home tie to progress?

Sod glamorous away trips or local derbies, I hope we draw the lowest ranked team at home and stuff em.

Sorry to get all preachy, but we are an established Premier League team and former PL champions. There are no glamorous away trips domestically for us now. We're not in League One, we've not been out of the top flight for a decade. This is normal. Any away tie to a Premier League club, any Premier League club, should be run-of-the-mill and mundane. 

The only glamour left for us are top European teams away in competitive competition.

• Like 1

Sad truth is that the league and cups have been a top 5 monopoly for the past 10 years (not including Spurs in a top 6 as they've won fvck all) albeit 2 seasons in the League Cup, 1 in the FA Cup and of course, 1 in the Premier League.

Last 10 years of League Cup Winners, FA Cup Winners and Premier League Winners respectively. 

Edit: Mods, please fix my monstrosity....

20180927_090820.jpg

Screenshot_20180927-090846_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20180927-090923_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Nalis

I think the rules of league cup need to be looked i think if you finished in the top six of the premier league and playing in europe, you can't play in the league cup. Meaning this will give a great chance for lower league teams to win some silver wear. Also means you an have a different winner each year.

The top six clubs places could be rewarded to the teams that finished in the top six of the national league. 

Also scrap that terrible football league trophy and use the money from that to boost in the prize money for each round.

Edited by Leicesterpool

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

I think the rules of league cup need to be looked i think if you finished in the top six of the premier league and playing in europe, you can't play in the league cup. Meaning this will give a great chance for lower league teams to win some silver wear. Also means you an have a different winner each year.

The top six clubs places could be rewarded to the teams that finished in the top six of the national league. 

Also scrap that terrible football league trophy and use the money from that to boost in the prize money for each round.

So you're saying that for doing well, we should punish the highest placing clubs in the English pyramid system? Take them out of the competition and detract from it's prestige even more?

Perhaps middling PL sides like ourselves, Everton, Watford – could treat the competition with a little more than indifference, then perhaps you'd get your wish of a different winner each year? We (for example) had a gilt-edged chance to go into a two-legged semi last season against what would've been Bristol City. We half-arsed it and went out.

You also seem to be an advocate of lower league sides winning silverware yet want to scrap the Checkatrade? Isn't that a bit paradoxical?

EDIT - It does seem like we're looking at this a little more seriously this season mind, though that might just be because our squad is stronger than it has been previously so we could probably field two very decent elevens.

Edited by Langston

6 minutes ago, Langston said:

So you're saying that for doing well, we should punish the highest placing clubs in the English pyramid system? Take them out of the competition and detract from it's prestige even more?

Perhaps middling PL sides like ourselves, Everton, Watford – could treat the competition with a little more than indifference, then perhaps you'd get your wish of a different winner each year? We (for example) had a gilt-edged chance to go into a two-legged semi last season against what would've been Bristol City. We half-arsed it and went out.

EDIT - It does seem like we're looking at this a little more seriously this season mind, though that might just be because our squad is stronger than it has been previously so we could probably field two very decent elevens.

I can imagine if your team is playing champions league/europa league the last thing you need is more fixtures and going back to the season when Leicester were in the champions league, I don't think many fans were too bothered about the league cup. I mean our champions league adventure was like winning a cup itself, I mean that night we beat Sevilla would u swap that for a league cup final win.

Edited by Leicesterpool

5 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I can imagine if your team is playing champions league/europa league the last thing you need is more fixtures and going back to the season when Leicester were in champions league, I don't think many fans were too bothered about the league cup. I mean our champions league adventure was like winning a cup itself, I mean that night we beat Sevilla would u swap that for a league cup final win.

Any side playing in the CL / UL bar Spurs has more than enough depth in their squad / ressies / academy to put out a decent side in the Carabao cup. If they aren't bothered about it, they don't have to be, but taking them out seems bizarre. They still present great opportunities for lower league sides to have trips to the likes of Old Trafford and Anfield, full-strength sides or not.

And of course I wouldn't, but that wasn't the point you were making.

Edited by Langston

2 minutes ago, Langston said:

Any side playing in the CL / UL bar Spurs has more than enough depth in their squad / ressies / academy to put out a decent side in the Carabao cup. If they aren't bothered about it, they don't have to be, but taking them out seems bizarre. They still present great opportunities for lower league sides to have trips to the likes of Old Trafford and Anfield, full-strength sides or not.

And of course I wouldn't, but that wasn't the point you were making.

Yeah it's good occasion for smaller lower league clubs going to Old Trafford, Anfield, Emirates, Etihad.. but it's no fun for these sides watching there team losing 0-4 or 0-5 against second XI. With them out the competition a team like Huddersfield or Bournemouth can have chance of actually winning some silverware and actually witness there team playing in europe next season. 

9 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Yeah it's good occasion for smaller lower league clubs going to Old Trafford, Anfield, Emirates, Etihad.. but it's no fun for these sides watching there team losing 0-4 or 0-5 against second XI. With them out the competition a team like Huddersfield or Bournemouth can have chance of actually winning some silverware and actually witness there team playing in europe next season. 

I'm sure the fans of smaller clubs would just enjoy the occasion, regardless of result.

Every club has a chance of winning it, more so top-flight ones – Bournemouth and Huddersfield included in that. You can't just take sides out lol 

2 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Derby didn't do to bad against Utd. The other night.

That's the beauty of Cup football. Every now and then the big Clubs get turned over.

• Like 1

On 26/09/2018 at 22:17, Izzy Muzzett said:

We ain't gonna win the PL so the only chance of a trophy is this or the FA Cup.

Surely we want the easiest possible home tie to progress?

Sod glamorous away trips or local derbies, I hope we draw the lowest ranked team at home and stuff em.

there's Middlesbrough, Blackpool, Derby, Norwich, Burton and Forest. 

3 out of 6 of the lower ranked teams are local u donut.