Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Carabao Cup Fourth Round draw. At home to Soton.

1 minute ago, Vacamion said:

So it's Southampton.

Good outcome.

We play Everton next and they just suffered a disappointment.

Southampton are, let's face it, rubbish, and we SHOULD beat them.

I'd rather play Everton in the cup tbh. Memories of Musa being a world class player :ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 01/10/2018 at 17:57, Brooksy said:

To be fair you'd be forgiven for thinking it was a fix after last seasons debacle. A 'pre-recorded' draw in which 4 of the top clubs avoided each other in the quarters. 

I always said the fix shouts jokingly but I genuinely think that one was fixed, as well as the third round which I'm not even sure actually took place.

Anyway, got the draw I wanted here but wasn't expecting. We've got to win this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

I always said the fix shouts jokingly but I genuinely think that one was fixed, as well as the third round which I'm not even sure actually took place.

Anyway, got the draw I wanted here but wasn't expecting. We've got to win this.

Reckon the heated ball idea has any truth to it? Would be so easy to pull off.

Prefer to play Southampton than Everton as I want us to go through and think we have a better chance against them than Everton. Also with them being Puel's old club, he will be extra motivated to beat them, which is good for us.

If we play a team of comparable quality to the team we had at Wolves then I think we will go through.

6 hours ago, Rigga said:

Stretton is fine..Getting bigger and bigger though. No longer a small village.

Grandma lives in stapenhill. Sycamore Rd, just down from the old Copper Hearth.

Yeah I kind of miss Burton to be honest.  Was born and bred there until the age of about 26 and it still feels like "home".  A lot of my family still live in Stapenhill/Waterside.

1 hour ago, Stevosevic said:

They've made it cheap before. 

E.g. Leeds at home last season and it was pretty much a full house 

Pretty sure the away team get a cut of the gate and Leeds agreed to it as we made it the same price for their fans.

Could be wrong but I'm sure I remember some greedy pl team refusing and prices went back to normal. Got a feeling it might have been Southampton as well.

Anyone else remember reading anything about it? I could have just made it up or had a really boring true to life type dream.

10 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Prefer to play Southampton than Everton as I want us to go through and think we have a better chance against them than Everton. Also with them being Puel's old club, he will be extra motivated to beat them, which is good for us.

If we play a team of comparable quality to the team we had at Wolves then I think we will go through.

Looks as though both sides included more first team players than we did v Wolves but I'm sure we'll be competitive 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Looks as though both sides included more first team players than we did v Wolves but I'm sure we'll be competitive 

Wow it looks like Southampton played their first 11. Well even so I thought they were quite poor when we beat them earlier in the season (admittedly so were we) so I think our cup team could match them evenly. Add home advantage and perhaps this time having Maddison and Vardy on the bench and we should have enough. 

14 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

Reckon the heated ball idea has any truth to it? Would be so easy to pull off.

Potentially. I just found it utterly bizarre how they had said they were doing the draw at a particular time, delayed it for well over an hour only to then release a pre-recorded video of the draw after all that time. To be honest it almost seems so obvious and badly covered up it makes me think it wasn't and they're just totally incompetent lol of course it produced the most convenient outcome of the four big sides dodging each other.

That third round draw actually had no proof at all of taking place.

31 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Potentially. I just found it utterly bizarre how they had said they were doing the draw at a particular time, delayed it for well over an hour only to then release a pre-recorded video of the draw after all that time. To be honest it almost seems so obvious and badly covered up it makes me think it wasn't and they're just totally incompetent lol of course it produced the most convenient outcome of the four big sides dodging each other.

That third round draw actually had no proof at all of taking place.

Im sure someone has said the FA have rigged the FA Cup before? So yeah i could quite well believe it.

For those stating that it's suspicious how the big teams all miss each other...

Suppose the first team picked out is one of the big teams, the odds of their opponent not being a big team is 0.8 (12/15).

Repeat this for the next big team, with the first big team and one other side taken out the draw: 0.85 (11/13)

Once again: 0.91 (10/11)

And the last big side is guaranteed an 'easy' fixture after that.

Multiply those to get the probability, and it actually comes out at 61.5%. So more likely than not that the big sides avoid each other.

Even in the next round, it wouldnt be that uncommon. 0.57*0.6*0.66 = 23%. It won't happen every year, but it's not unrealistic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1