Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 1- Everton 2 post match thread.

7 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Walcott fell to the ground and overplayed the ball. No save made. 

Set piece pinball which never lead to a shot at goal. 

Was going wide and from ‘range’ 

They never made the same chance type of chance Vardy had in the first half. 

It’s no surprise who I see making this argument. One of you is probably is enjoying tonight in fact 

Glad you didn’t say both of us .... just watching sky rerun and Walcott also missed a good chance second half when he turned Chilwell in the box 

37 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

They deserved it I thought...just. We equalised slightly against the run of the play and then we were looking good at the start of the second half but Richarlison was causing Wes so many problems (as well as going to ground at literally every opportunity) it was a matter of time before he got a second yellow and inevitably he did. We were holding on after that. Would have been a bigger defeat if it hadn't been for Kasper.

On the whole, we were quite poor to be honest. People are right to be pissed off with Puel for not substituting Wes, literally everyone in the ground could see a red card was going to happen any minute.

Sorry disagree..our youngsters played well...We just didn't get the result..

Kasper made a couple of saves...but we created a couple of top chances.....

As for getting at Puel cos Wes was on a yellow...nonsense...or my word of the day..twaddle

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Marutimon said:

Mendy is as poor as they come. Was largely responsible for both goals, can't tackle, is all over the place tactically, offers little defeinsively or offensively. He offers little to nothing all game, but somehow he's "our best midfielder".

I don't understand the Mendy love. What does this guy do right? Anyone? Because I have no inkling. And I've really been trying for the past several games now. It's almost like Mendy can do no wrong, even if he does. Even today - Mendy gets passed by Bernard twice in one play, yet somehow everyone is focused on Amartey as the scapegoat, but Mendy gets a free pass. Mindboggling.

A tad bit harsh...

But of the 2 CMs, he brings less overall to the game. He is obviously a better passer than Ndidi, not in the creative sense mind you but more secure - which is primarily because he is a short passer and rarely does more than shift it around (often sideways) a few yards at a time.  Conversely, Ndidi is a better tackler and interceptor, a better header of the ball, routinely covers for and supports Chiwell, drops back for Maguire when he ventures forward (and for Morgan the odd time he stumbles forward), and today was regularly getting across to support the right-side of defense which had very little support from Ricardo. Having said all that however I personally would have subbed-in Iborra for Ndidi after going 1-2 down and chasing the game late with 10 men, because it enables us to retain the double protective shield in midfield while adding a little bit of creativity and worrying less about a careless loss of possession that could really be fatal in that situation. 

Edited by NaijaFox

38 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

****ing annoying that. We were on top before the most senior footballer at LCFC shows the rashness of a youngster. 

We were fine and then threw it away. Then looked like a young team with 10 men 

Yep. The mood changes instantly, the players heads dropped like defeat was a formality. Completely wiped us out and took the wind out of our sails. All that hard work of about putting them into submission undon. 

6 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Sorry disagree..our youngsters played well...We just didn't get the result..

Kasper made a couple of saves...but we created a couple of top chances.....

As for getting at Puel cos see was on a yellow...nonsense...or my word of the day..twaddle

The ref gave Wes a final warning and he'd struggled with Richarlison throughout. Claude could have done something about that. He didn't. I like Puel, I'm a big fan of Wes but you could see that red card was coming a mile off. 

Edited by Paddy.
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, seanfox778 said:

We’ve only conceded 1 goal in his 3 starts also.

But because of a shaky first twenty minutes on debut all the pro managers here on Foxestalk have written him off. 

• Like 2

As a defender yellow cards are occupational hazard. If a manager backed the replacement of a yellow card defender every time, all subs would be used. 

It’s up to the defender in being cautious. There was no need for Morgan to commit those fouls in the second half. The first foul, yeah mis-calculation and then he was ****ed, out of production. 

1 minute ago, Paddy. said:

The ref gave Wes a final warning and he'd struggled with Richarlison throughout. Claude could have done something about that. He didn't. I'm a like Puel, I'm a big fan of Wes but you could see that red card was coming a mile off. 

I'm in Germany,and I didn't see it coming....:P

Wes made a silly challenge at the wrong time like many CBs do....shi t happens!!!

15 minutes ago, Bert said:

Yep. The mood changes instantly, the players heads dropped like defeat was a formality. Completely wiped us out and took the wind out of our sails. All that hard work of about putting them into submission undon. 

This.

The team effectively quit playing after the red, and basically dropped deep and thereafter just tried to hold on until the end. If ever there was a situation ready-made for the possession football that Puel is reportedly trying to install (including even sideways passing), that was it! Instead, each time we managed to secure possession we just seemed to punt it forwards and then retreat to await the next "wave" (and I use that term liberally because the Toffees dribbled more than surged) of Evertonian attacks.

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

As a defender yellow cards are occupational hazard. If a manager backed the replacement of a yellow card defender every time, all subs would be used. 

It’s up to the defender in being cautious. There was no need for Morgan to commit those fouls in the second half. The first foul, yeah mis-calculation and then he was ****ed, out of production. 

Games Welsh common sense..for the post of the day...on that issue!!!

Could see the Morgan red happening as soon as the first yellow was given. He is liable to lunge in and get too close and that is what happened. Changed an even game at the time in their favour and yet we should still have scored in injury time.

First half was slow and we struggled at the back, Vardy should've done better with his chance and we were in the game before the red card. Gave them the impetus and took advantage.

15 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Games Welsh common sense..for the post of the day...on that issue!!!

THis game basically sums us up under Puel, slow start, stupid mistakes, soft goal. Then we started to control the game dominate the opposition create some good chances and score a great goal. We started the second half well the crowd were sounding good I was looking forward to the final half hour as we tried to win the game...

... Then we shot ourselves in the foot, Morgan going off didn’t help, but the tactical decisions and substitutions after that were terrible we lost all shape and left  one of the best long distance shooters in the league free 30 yards out and he punished us.

Bad, Good, Ugly

Edited by Captain...
  • Like 3

What's the problem, as somethings not right. Is our new signing or past new signing can't or find it hard in the EPL, the manager, his man management skills, tactics, players playing in different positions, please inform me cos he's been here nearly a year, while other clubs like arsenal and Chelsea have got in new managers and have quickly adapted to playing a different style in less than 2 months! 

• Like 1

We were deservedly beaten today. Worried about our defence, midfield and attack. We lacked in key areas at both ends of the pitch. Fed up with going a goal down and a man down too often; why do we give ourselves these challenges? 

People in here judging the performance on the result. Let's be fair, they created very little and the goals were of our own undoing - Amartey overcommitting and allowing an easy cross for Bernard, and much as it was a phenomenal hit from Siggurdson, he's been allowed too much room after Maddison has lost his discipline and jumped into a half chance to win the ball, with no-one then around him.

Meanwhile Vardys had two reasonable chances and one gilt edge one, Amartey has had a free header and Chilwells curled one just over. Pre sending off there was only one winner, and it wasn't Everton - bit of a slow start but from 10-65 we dominated. Shit happens, and it's concerning that our most experienced player has had a moment of madness but people thinking that shows us regressing aren't paying attention to what's happening on the pitch

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

May well be, but subs are supposed to be situational. And frankly the situation, where Richarlison had been running a yellow-carded Wes ragged while flopping at every challenge, called for a sub. 

Edited by NaijaFox

5 minutes ago, Captain... said:

THis game basically sums us up under Puel, slow start, stupid mistakes, soft goal. Then we started to control the game dominate the opposition create some good chances and score a great goal. We started the second half well the crowd were sounding good I was looking forward to the final half hour as we tried to win the game...

... Then we shot ourselves in the foot, Morgan going off didn’t help, but the tactical decisions and substitutions after that were terrible we lost all shape and left  one of the best long distance shooters in the league free 30 yards out and he punished us.

Bad, Good, Ugly

I'd 100% agree with all of this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

City are lacking...

2 CBs...who can challenge...the 2 in possesion....strange..same as Ranieris first n last season

Another Decent high quality central midfielder...

2 quality 2nd string quality strikers,to compete with Vardy Nacho...

they are probably already on our books it just,that we are in the rebuilding phase and,those players have to push their claims.

Good to hear Puel recognise we have a discipline  problem in early game moments,by giving away early goals...

Amartey sinks that simple chance,we would be reading different posts...!!

7 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

We were deservedly beaten today. Worried about our defence, midfield and attack. We lacked in key areas at both ends of the pitch. Fed up with going a goal down and a man down too often; why do we give ourselves these challenges? 

Other than those, we are good though? lol

4 minutes ago, Crispin LA said:

What's the problem, as somethings not right. Is our new signing or past new signing can't or find it hard in the EPL, the manager, his man management skills, tactics, players playing in different positions, please inform me cos he's been here nearly a year, while other clubs like arsenal and Chelsea have got in new managers and have quickly adapted to playing a different style in less than 2 months! 

Comparing us with Arsenal and chelsea...:facepalm:lol

6 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

No we werent....so there!!!:celebrate: