Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 1- Everton 2 post match thread.

Just now, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Wes 1 red card in 4 years, 2 red cards in 6 games this season.

Two factors either or both could be true.

Getting past his best or and Puel is leaving him exposed by playing him with the tin man at right back and no real cover at left back as Maquire is doubling up as a left back to allow Chilwells wing back role.

Past his best so having to commit fouls as a preventative method. 

• Like 2

I don't blame Puel for the result today but what I do blame him for is insistence in playing only two in midfield.

We definitely need another body in there to stop teams further from Goal. To many times we're stopping them in or on our own Box. We need either Iborra or Choudary in there.

Also Vardy and Nacho offer very little apart from Goal scoring. Which means Maddison is both being over worked and marked by two opposition midfielders.

In short the balance of our Team is wrong which needs to be sorted.

• Like 1

Just now, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Wes 1 red card in 4 years, 2 red cards in 6 games this season.

Two factors either or both could be true.

Getting past his best or and Puel is leaving him exposed by playing him with the tin man at right back and no real cover at left back as Maquire is doubling up as a left back to allow Chilwells wing back role.

Puel isn't telling him to make stupid challenges on the one player who would make the most out of a touch.

Did you see the game? for most part one of our CDMs were running into the lb space when the ball was in the middle of the pitch with chillwell forward.

"Tin man" at right back, grow up, Amartey had an okay game against a good winger in Bernard. 

• Thanks 1

Haven’t been that angry walking away from the ground in a long time. I’ve always tried to support Puel as changes were needed and unfortunately I don’t think we can sack him. We are mid table and have some exhorting young players and after a year of his management we would get hammered for sacking him and I have no clue who we could attract. In conclusion I think we have to give him the season unless the wheels properly fall off. 

That being said it’s time for him to sack off old loyalties and play round pegs in round holes. If he’s brought Ricardo as a right back then play him there and develop him like he has Chilwell. If he’s brought Maddison to play number 10 then play him there and stop trying to shoe horn Ihenacho into the side. If he wants him to play and thinks he links play better than Vardy then play him upfront. 

Theres obviously some loyalty to him from the board so he might as well do it his way and stop trying to convert players who can’t play his way into something they aren’t. 

Frustrating old day. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bovril said:

Harsh. You should have confidence as a manager that your captain won't do anything silly. 

Correct, but after the Richarlison tackle that was the time to make the decision. Can't play against a decent side like Everton and our defender can not make a tackle for 3Ominutes.  

51 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Sorry I must’ve watched a different game to you regarding your first few sentences... especially completely dominated the game... it was all Everton first 30 mins and was a 50/50 game until Morgan was sent off...  

You’ve got to admit though, the new screens are awesome.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Harry96 said:

Vardy looks a shadow of himself too fair few times today he had a chance to take on the defender and use his pace but he chose not to. Not sure if it’s a lack of confidence or because he’s lost a bit of his pace as he’s aged 

Definitely not the man he was ...   nothing lasts forever but it will be a long time before people admit it, as the guy, deservedly, is a legend.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Harry96 said:

Vardy looks a shadow of himself too fair few times today he had a chance to take on the defender and use his pace but he chose not to. Not sure if it’s a lack of confidence or because he’s lost a bit of his pace as he’s aged 

Credit needs to be given to Zouma though, the guy was a machine 

Just now, Countryfox said:

Definitely not the man he was ...   nothing lasts forever but it will be a long time before people admit it, as the guy, deservedly, is a legend.

And I would bust the bank to get an absolutely top class striker ...   JV needs help and Kelechi is not the man if we want to break into the top 6 ..

All the good work of three wins undone with this pitiful performance, albeit against rank bad sides . Bar 15 minutes at the start of the second half we were simply not at the races. Get the feeling we would be half way up the league with any manager to be honest. Turning into nothing side day by day.

49 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

I’m not a Puel in or Puel out just when he was appointed it was a really underwhelming appointment he just didn’t fulfill me with confidence as our new manager there were better candidates out there thought our owners had really not chosen well this time  !

But as he still is our manager and yes I dont agree with all of his decisions team choices formations etc and don’t think he actually looks comfortable on the touch line we should just give him our support until the time the owners seem fit to relieve him of his duties !

If Utd do sack Maureen later can we put a cheeky bid in for him have him rebuild us into a powerhouse within the EPL ???:devil:

Sounds like a plan lol 

On 29th October last year we beat Everton 2-0. In the 12 months since the evidence from today is that they have improved whilst we have gone backwards. No real imporvement at all despite investing a considerable amount of money.

I'm not really sure what the game plan was but it failed and as a test of where we are under Puel this was a clear demonstration that we are simply miles from where our ambitions ought to be.

Yet again we conceded an early goal and the performance in the first half was unispired, low tempo and generally not good enough. Apart from passing it backwards and sideways we basically don't seem to have alternative ways of playing.

Hopefully we won't see Maddison playing in a defensive left midfield role ever again though Puel's idea of having to accommodate Iehenacho means Maddison is not playing in his most effective position.

We played two supposed attacking fullbacks but one of them was basically very poor except for his goal and the other continues to slow down play, stop on the half way line and pass it backwards.

The midfield pairing of Mendy and Ndidi is just too negative and offers almost nothing from a creative perspective.

We played well immediately after half time and before the sending off, which was fully deserved, and actually looked quite good for a short while but it just isn't sufficient.

Overall as usual we were too passive, the tempo was too slow, the passing too negative, at times far too slow. and this time the opponents were at least decent and too many of our players were simply not good enough on the day.

44 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I don't blame Puel for the result today but what I do blame him for is insistence in playing only two in midfield.

We definitely need another body in there to stop teams further from Goal. To many times we're stopping them in or on our own Box. We need either Iborra or Choudary in there.

Also Vardy and Nacho offer very little apart from Goal scoring. Which means Maddison is both being over worked and marked by two opposition midfielders.

In short the balance of our Team is wrong which needs to be sorted.

Both Vardy and Nacho also offer a very good assist ratio, especially the later. If Nacho has proven anything is that he's good for 2-3 brilliant passes per game.

3 minutes ago, Marutimon said:

Both Vardy and Nacho also offer a very good assist ratio, especially the later. If Nacho has proven anything is that he's good for 2-3 brilliant passes per game.

Shame about everything in between though.

• Like 1

All those in love with Mendy really need to take a long hard look at the first goal by Richardlison. He got bamboozled twice in a row, meanwhile everyone focused on Amartey who failed to deal with it once. People really need to get their love goggles off when watching Mendy.

Also watch the second goal as Mendy offers Sigurdsson all the time in the world to make the shot and not even making an attempt to bother his run.