Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 1- Everton 2 post match thread.

Only read this page but assuming I’m in the minority thinking we were the better side. Wes was a walking red card all game and should have been saved at time half time. Still think 352would suit our squad down to the ground but broken record there. Chillwell was outstanding again. Can’t be easy running games from left back but he keeps doing it.

• Like 1

Sending off killed the game as a proper contest - and just as we were starting to put Everton under sustained pressure, which makes it even more frustrating.

Sigurdsson was class throughout and gave the sort of dominant performance that we hope to get from Maddison.

Ndidi has become a one trick pony; he can tackle. His passing is beyond embarrassing. And is getting worse. He needs to be dropped as much as Morgan does. Mendy is a far better all-round midfielder.

Happy with Maguire and Chilwell today but not many others - and that includes the manager, who needs to ask himself this: how many chances do we actually create from his slow keep-ball build-up play? It's not only dull and easy to defend against but also unproductive. Most of our goals still come from counter attacks or set pieces.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sdb said:

Only read this page but assuming I’m in the minority thinking we were the better side. Wes was a walking red card all game and should have been saved at time half time. Still think 352would suit our squad down to the ground but broken record there. Chillwell was outstanding again. Can’t be easy running games from left back but he keeps doing it.

He's our best attacking outlet atm.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Mendy is a far better all-round midfielder.

Mendy is as poor as they come. Was largely responsible for both goals, can't tackle, is all over the place tactically, offers little defeinsively or offensively. He offers little to nothing all game, but somehow he's "our best midfielder".

I don't understand the Mendy love. What does this guy do right? Anyone? Because I have no inkling. And I've really been trying for the past several games now. It's almost like Mendy can do no wrong, even if he does. Even today - Mendy gets passed by Bernard twice in one play, yet somehow everyone is focused on Amartey as the scapegoat, but Mendy gets a free pass. Mindboggling.

Edited by Marutimon

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Thought ref was inconsistent, which is the most infuriating thing.

Agree with the rest of what you've said, not a bad day but an unlucky one overall

no way the second yellow was a poor decision. Not only was it a stupid challenge after one yellow card but a reckless one warranting a yellow card. Watch this in slomo, there is no doubt imo

54 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Wes 1 red card in 4 years, 2 red cards in 6 games this season.

Two factors either or both could be true.

Getting past his best or and Puel is leaving him exposed by playing him with the tin man at right back and no real cover at left back as Maquire is doubling up as a left back to allow Chilwells wing back role.

Making tackles in areas that centre halves never used to. Happens all the time in this system. Same with Harry Maguire's lucky escape at Bournemouth. 

6 minutes ago, Marutimon said:

All those in love with Mendy really need to take a long hard look at the first goal by Richardlison. He got bamboozled twice in a row, meanwhile everyone focused on Amartey who failed to deal with it once. People really need to get their love goggles off when watching Mendy.

Also watch the second goal as Mendy offers Sigurdsson all the time in the world to make the shot and not even making an attempt to bother his run.

Agree with the first  - never turn your back

dont agree with the second - Maddison sold himself . With ten men it’s crucial you stay goal side 

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Agree with the first  - never turn your back

dont agree with the second - Maddison sold himself . With ten men it’s crucial you stay goal side 

Sure, the second goal was a worldie, but if that was Kante... he would have made the run.

Not too much between the sides today & could’ve gone either way. Sending of killed i5 for us when were in the ascendancy. I though Maddison was a luxury we couldn’t afford when we went down to ten men & would’ve had Iborra on to strengthen our defence looking to hold out for a point.

i saw a lot of movement from Nacho coming deep for the ball but very little creative movement from Vardy and we reall need to work at moving opposition defenders around a lot more if we want to use Maddison’s creativity.

• Like 1

I was at the match and thought we were going to turn it around. We were on top and then Wes did what he did. 

What was concerning was once down to 10 men we lost any threat at all. I have seen games when the 10 men put up a fight and make it hard, but we offered zero. It's times like that when you maybe throw on a target man to cause a bit of chaos and I think we need to invest in a physical presence as an attacking option.

In summary, thanks Wes, it's been one hell of a blast, but time to sit it out on a more perm basis. Surely he knows in his heart he is done at Prem level. Puel grow some balls and drop him after suspension!

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Well yet again another slow start and we are chasing the game. The only reason we’ve not took something from the game is due to a complete lack of any sense. Firstly, Morgan on a booking is warned. Makes a foul right in front of Puel and nothing is done about it. He should’ve been dragged. No two ways about it. 

To then go and commit another stupid foul is just absolutely unbelievable. From any professional. Let alone your captain, the “leader” and most experienced player on your team. We were turning the screw and well in the ascendancy. That’s obviously the biggest talking point but we’d created chances before hand to be leading. 

The officials were absolutely shocking, especially the lino stand side. Mariner gave us next to nothing as usual (that’s not why we lost btw, but they were awful and deserve to be criticised)

Focusing on our players, it’s time for N’didi to have a stint on the bench. He can’t play football. His passing is awful. Most of the time he wins the ball back he’s given it away himself. Maddison needs to play more central. Iheanacho just didn’t look arsed today whatsoever. Strong performance from Chilwell, just a few poor decisions when choosing to cross. Vardy should’ve scored. No excuse to not hit the target when one on one. Although in fairness he was probably a bit distracted and could’ve gone down. But hey ho. Thanks Skip for letting us down. 

You've touched on a big point about Ndidi. Very good ball-winner but he is a very ordinary footballer.

I think Iborra's quite unlucky with how little he features. He's slow but he at least carries a goal threat and better passing than Ndidi.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

i'm sorry, but he made that many bad tackles he could well have been sent off early, with no complaints.

3 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Ref had warn him twice before the tackle for the second yellow.

Fair enough with these points, I didn't clock the warnings on my fairly jumpy stream and having spoken to friends at the game it seems like everyone in the ground saw and got concerned about. The fouls individually didn't actually look that bad for me but the whole thing is clearly important

Given what I've heard it does seem foolish he wasn't taken off if it really did feel like he was treading on egg shells

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, CyprusFox said:

no way the second yellow was a poor decision. Not only was it a stupid challenge after one yellow card but a reckless one warranting a yellow card. Watch this in slomo, there is no doubt imo

never said it wasn't a yellow, I doubted it from where I sat, but I was on about how he booked for stuff from us but not for them.

• Like 1

Guest seanfox778

I feel like we just don't create many chances but we are quite clinical at the same time. When I watch other Premier League games both sides have a few clear cut chances we just don't seem to have that, we score from the few chances we do but we don't force opposition keepers into that many saves. 

Teams with pace have worked us out, done their preparation, and we have looked vulnerable at the back particularly on the central/right side in just about every home game this season .Not sure it is just starting slowly I think some nerves have crept in and it seems to be a recurring issue discussed after every match.

For some reason Maddison was quiet today and I believe when he was at Norwich he had a spell on the wing and was less effective.Juggling him and Nacho for the no 10 role is not easy but it was not working today.Tactically some changes are going to be enforced and others needed.Thought Chilwell was our best player  and Ricardo took his goal.well and for about 15 minutes in the second half we looked great and in command so not all negatives.Heads dropped after the sending off. Everton deserved it overall,we  could have been 2 or 3 down early on although we had our chances

Still frustrated though after the decent previous week and not hopeful about the Arsenal game.

I

21 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

You've touched on a big point about Ndidi. Very good ball-winner but he is a very ordinary footballer.

I think Iborra's quite unlucky with how little he features. He's slow but he at least carries a goal threat and better passing than Ndidi.

Ordinary to say the least. I’d be interested to see how many times he’s had to recover from his own errors. If his ball recovery wasn’t as good as it is he’d be nowhere near a top flight team. 

I was saying to my mate today with ten minutes to go, why not bring Iborra on and lump it up to him? 

Disappointing result but apart from the 1st 10 minutes and after the red card, we were the better team. We came out really well 2nd half and if it wasn't for a Vardy off day we'd have been 3-1 up at ht. I thought the ref was very poor and inconsistent with his decisions but Wes was stupid for giving him a decision to make. Was clear Richarlison was told to get Morgan sent off and he succeeded. Didn't need to make that tackle on the half way line and was very poor discipline from him regardless of whether the red card was soft. Need to address the slow starts to games and need to find a new partner for Maguire but overall i think we looked good and certainly didn't deserve to lose. With 11 men I felt we'd have won that. The only thing I feel we can blame Puel for is his persistence in selecting Morgan. Surely 2 red cards has got to make him have a 're think but i can see Morgan back in the team when his ban is up! 

• Like 1