Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 1- Everton 2 post match thread.

5 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Missed the game as was entertaining family.  Was the result a fair one?  Were we bad?  X

Contrary to what most would say, no, we were good. It's by no means a finished product but lots of promise. Without the Wes red card I think we would have drawn minimum.

With some half decent finishing and a bit of luck we could have been a goal or two up by the time Wes was off. Vardy in particular had 2 really good chances

• Like 2

Wes lost us this match

The decline of Vardy may be in its earliest phase

We were often failing at passing the ball and control on the ball was poor

We had chances in the game but our plan( if we had one) had too many holes.

very frustrated walking out after staying to the end as our momentum has evaporated.

We are mid table but the supporters deserve better- well I thinks so

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marutimon said:

Both Vardy and Nacho also offer a very good assist ratio, especially the later. If Nacho has proven anything is that he's good for 2-3 brilliant passes per game.

Neither of them get involved in the game enough. They both need to work harder for the Team.

For instance why can't Vardy come wide and back to move defenders around, Then Nacho could slip into the space. Or vice versa.

Look at the way Wilson created 2 Goals against us for Bournemouth from the CF position.

5 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Kasper - decent, bit unsteady coming for crosses

Amartey - OK but missed a sitter

Maguire - steady but the odd misplaced ball, lacks options at times

Wes - good in parts but generally out of depth, silly play to get sent off, expect more from our captain

Chilwell - solid although often scared to battle with Walcott

Ricardo - good, great goal

Mendy - solid, my MOTM

Ndidi - as always great tackling, poor when in possession

Maddison - quiet game, bits of brilliance

Iheanacho - inconsistent, some great plays and assist, needs more time to form a strike partnership

Vardy - usual self but forgot his shooting boots today, summed up by the awful cross at the end when he could have shot

Overall, we played well at times in particular first 20 of second half. Then Wes ruined it. Puel should have taken him off before, I called it at the foul before. Obviously the "Puel Out" crew will scapegoat him for every loss, not the players. Oh well, onwards and upwards.

Good post.

Today felt like fine margins. The first 20 minutes of the second half felt like we were schooling them. Then shit happened and, well...we didn't.

The lack of movement does concern me though, as others have mentioned before.

14 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Missed the game as was entertaining family.  Was the result a fair one?  Were we bad?  X

They deserved it I thought...just. We equalised slightly against the run of the play and then we were looking good at the start of the second half but Richarlison was causing Wes so many problems (as well as going to ground at literally every opportunity) it was a matter of time before he got a second yellow and inevitably he did. We were holding on after that. Would have been a bigger defeat if it hadn't been for Kasper.

On the whole, we were quite poor to be honest. People are right to be pissed off with Puel for not substituting Wes, literally everyone in the ground could see a red card was going to happen any minute.

Edited by Paddy.
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Ricey said:

Vardy has an off day and now he’s on the decline. Christ.

This exactly. 

Tell the much younger Michael Keane when he rinsed him for pace, took the ball down beautiful and was just a touch away from scoring. Missing that chance was unacceptable by Vards standard, yes. A sign of his decline it is not, quite the contrary.

4 hours ago, lildave3 said:

Can’t say I agree with people saying Puel should have taken Morgan off. Not his fault he went charging through the back of someone having already been booked. 

It's not Puel's fault for the actual challenge, no.  But pretty much exactly 10 minutes before, right in front of the bench, Morgan was given a final warning by the ref. 

At that point it was clear that one more mistake by Wes would mean us going down to 10 men.  It's good management in that situation to balance that risk against the risk of unsettling the side by bringing Evans on.

In my opinion, and that of many others, the sub should have been made there and then.  I said so as soon as he was warned, so this isn't just smart arsed hindsight.

We were playing really well in the second half up to that point, so fans who would have made the sub and avoided the sending off are within their rights to be annoyed.

• Like 1

Guest seanfox778
49 minutes ago, Bert said:

How can Evans improve when he’s on the bench though? 

We’ve only conceded 1 goal in his 3 starts also.

9 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

We played pretty well up until the sending off and should have won comfortably.  Mendy & Chilwell were good but Ndidi, Nacho & Vardy were ordinary.  I still think there's a lot of improvement to come from this team. Hopefully we'll see one of our younger CBs given a run in the 1st team. 

4 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Not being a fortune teller or seeing dead people, Morgan constantly made the same type of fouls on a yellow, do you try and help your captain and the team or do you hope a lumbering defender against one of the hottest properties doesn't do another foul....the choice is yours?

It is patently untrue to say that Wes "constantly" committed fouls. The official stats say that he made 3 fouls in the game, 2 of which he was booked for. 

1 minute ago, Grey Fox said:

It's not Puel's fault for the actual challenge, no.  But pretty much exactly 10 minutes before, right in front of the bench, Morgan was given a final warning by the ref. 

At that point it was clear that one more mistake by Wes would mean us going down to 10 men.  It's good management in that situation to balance that risk against the risk of unsettling the side by bringing Evans on.

In my opinion, and that of many others, the sub should have been made there and then.  I said so as soon as he was warned, so this isn't just smart arsed hindsight.

We were playing really well in the second half up to that point, so fans who would have made the sub and avoided the sending off are within their rights to be annoyed.

My thoughts exactly. Nobody can absolve Wes of his responsibility for the challenge itself but it was clear as day what was going to happen. The ref had already told him that his next one would be punished. Everyone felt nervous during that period as it just seemed inevitable, especially with someone like Richarlison who is quick and agile and knows how to draw a foul. With such a large portion of the game to go, I don't see why you'd leave Wes on in those circumstances.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

I must have been watching a different game to you then ......

What saves did Kasper make then? Walcott had a potshot from just inside the box. For Bernard’s skill and Richarlison’s crafty play they didn’t actually create many goal scoring opportunities. 

If you can name one fair dues 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

Just now, Sunbury Fox said:

It is patently untrue to say that Wes "constantly" committed fouls. The official stats say that he made 3 fouls in the game, 2 of which he was booked for. 

This is true - however, some fouls are straight yellows (his first) and the one where he took him out off the pitch would normally be another. Richarlisons reaction to the second yellow made up mariner’s mind - had he seen it simply as a niggly one then he wouldn’t have issued the second yellow. Wes is experienced enough not to commit to that challenge ......

17 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I find the praise of Everton here slightly baffling. They didn’t create a chance bar their goal in the first half and then hit an absolute screamer in the second. We were their equal, they were ours. 

Thought they were an awful side. Having said that, we were pathetic for long spells. Everton had 17 shots (8 on target) to our 8 shots (2 on target). They also had 10 corners to our 2. We handed them a dream start with a goal they didn't have to work for, then we got lucky with  goal against the run of play before Wes finished us off. Architects of our own downfall today. 

Edited by l444ry
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Twa dill ? ...   what is this ?? ...    I no understand ..

twaddle as posted..not twadill.....I no understand...

Just to help...you in the English curiosities...

1a: silly idle talk : DRIVEL

b: something insignificant or worthless : NONSENSEthat idea is pure twaddle

2: one that twaddles : TWADDLER

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

What saves did Kasper make then? Walcott had a potshot from just inside the box. For Bernard’s skill and Richarlison’s crafty play they didn’t actually create many goal scoring opportunities. 

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

First half Walcott stumbles when past maguire in on goal

several ‘pin ball’ events in our six yard box 

walcott had at least one shot in the first half where Kasper wasn’t worked as hard as he might have been

second half: 

siggurdson shot tipped around the post

digne shot leading to Kasper double save

im sure there were more ..........

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

First half Walcott stumbles when past maguire in on goal

several ‘pin ball’ events in our six yard box 

walcott had at least one shot in the first half where Kasper wasn’t worked as hard as he might have been

second half: 

siggurdson shot tipped around the post

digne shot leading to Kasper double save

im sure there were more ..........

Walcott fell to the ground and overplayed the ball. No save made. 

Set piece pinball which never lead to a shot at goal. 

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Was going wide and from ‘range’ 

They never made the same chance type of chance Vardy had in the first half. 

It’s no surprise who I see making this argument. One of you is probably is enjoying tonight in fact