Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 1- Everton 2 post match thread.

3 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Unless Evan improves, or a u23 suddenly comes good, or Soyuncu learns English super quickly, we'll have to wait until Jan to get a solid centre half pairing. 

How can Evans improve when he’s on the bench though? 

54 minutes ago, CyprusFox said:

no way the second yellow was a poor decision. Not only was it a stupid challenge after one yellow card but a reckless one warranting a yellow card. Watch this in slomo, there is no doubt imo

You do understand what a yellow card is don’t you? You can’t go around doing what Morgan did and expect to stay on the pitch on a booking. He could’ve easily been sent off prior to the actual second yellow. 

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

We play the rb at rb and get screams of "He isn't a rb, don't play him there"

Maddion may start out wide, but if anyone notes where he actually plays, it isn't out wide

Out of the 3 centre backs we bought, 1 is on loan to get game time to prep him for next year and the other struggling with the language. Evans being the one able to be brought into the team. 

These aren't as black and white as you make out 

The fact Maddison doesn't play wide is the issue, he cuts in taking any space Nacho has at 10, we are to narrow and trying to play though the middle. If you going to play the style of football Puel is you need to make the pitch as big as possible by drag people wide.

The issue is we have spent 24m on a rightback who can't defend, leaving us with Amartey who frankly not good enough and hasn't been since be arrive 3 years ago.

Excellent idea let buy a let spend 30 odd Millon on CB's not ready to play.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nod.E said:

Why can't people understand that yellow cards are not always given in isolation?

HE GOT A YELLOW BECAUSE HE'D MADE SEVERAL SIMILAR FOULS.

I'm done.

According to the official stats, Wes made only 3 fouls in the game. I'm not saying he should be starting or that he is really up to being a regular starter any more, but it is simply not true that he made a series of fouls. Any slightly mistimed tackle is now a yellow. Richarlison's reaction is what got Wes sent off, in the same way that Bernard's reaction got Amartey booked in the first half. The ref didn't initially look like he would give him a yellow until the histrionics started and then the card came. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

The fact Maddison doesn't play wide is the issue, he cuts in taking any space Nacho has at 10, we are to narrow and trying to play though the middle. If you going to play the style of football Puel is you need to make the pitch as big as possible by drag people wide.

The issue is we have spent 24m on a rightback who can't defend, leaving us with Amartey who frankly not good enough and hasn't been since be arrive 3 years ago.

Excellent idea let buy a let spend 30 odd Millon on CB's not ready to play.

We do have a quality defensive right back who has a league winners medal !!

Too many players out of position and no fluidity whilst Vardy looks so isolated 

The football is bloody boring and tactically we are rubbish - there I have said it we are not progressing and no one will convince me otherwise.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Langston said:

The blame is definitely Wes', he should be cleverer than he was - but after watching him struggle against Richarlison for the best part of an hour, commit a pretty needless foul and get a final warning while already on a yellow with half an hour left to play, you wouldn't have subbed him?

I wouldn’t have played him from the start but no I wouldn’t have used a sub on him at that point. Fair play if others would have.

Tbf Richarlison played the ref an absolute stormer. Never ever attempted to win a header, instead stepped into Wes every time he went to head the ball. Exactly what firmino did with Maguire. They are both very good at it but it’s a foul. The ref let Richarlison get away with it every time. By the 2nd half Wes, already on a stupid booking was getting increasingly exasperated with Richarlison playing the man and not the ball and at that point he should’ve been hooked off before he was sent off. The ref was inconsistent throughout tbh, and was so slow, particularly at setting up free kicks that he inadvertently helped Everton wind down the clock. 

Every week,every body wants to sit on the " panel of judges".  Giving or taking off points,according to their own perspectives on OT T analysing

of Every single moment,and event....

Me I just enjoy the individual games each with their own variants .Today was a good game...

IMO we lost because of a wonder-strike...and Vardy not being clinical enough...

WES..red Card,from an experienced Cb  PL captain,not Puels poor player management,but a captains on field poor descision-making!!!

Just because someone has yellow card,you don't pull 'em off,or we would need 6-8  subs...games

That said...it's time for him to step aside...We should commit,both Evans and Soyunca,no matter what to compete for that CB spot by playing them.m

Soyuncu...is not playing  because is lack of English....that's twaddle...

Maddison  sub...wow there are fans who are not seeing what's happening,then wrongly criticising Puel...

so far Maddison has shown he still is really not fit enough for  the PL,to last 90 minutes...but obviously you keep trying to push him,then

pull him off when he starts to weaken and wane...Though IMO he had a below avg game today..

Nacho and  ndidi  are not progressing has one believed they should...First I would Bench Ndidi for 3-5 games,then see if Nacho

would be served better with Iborra/Silva...

We lost..so what!! ..in football terms it hurts....but that's life!!!    We played Well ,the n  has a team fluffed it!!!

I just ain't interested in the. "Yes but what about...". analysing

I don't want to go too deep in  OTT analysing,because from 30k fans/supporters, they Will have 30k opposing analysing opinions...

eg:  one group of posters saying Mendy had a top game,others saying the opposite....

• Like 1

Kasper - decent, bit unsteady coming for crosses

Amartey - OK but missed a sitter

Maguire - steady but the odd misplaced ball, lacks options at times

Wes - good in parts but generally out of depth, silly play to get sent off, expect more from our captain

Chilwell - solid although often scared to battle with Walcott

Ricardo - good, great goal

Mendy - solid, my MOTM

Ndidi - as always great tackling, poor when in possession

Maddison - quiet game, bits of brilliance

Iheanacho - inconsistent, some great plays and assist, needs more time to form a strike partnership

Vardy - usual self but forgot his shooting boots today, summed up by the awful cross at the end when he could have shot

Overall, we played well at times in particular first 20 of second half. Then Wes ruined it. Puel should have taken him off before, I called it at the foul before. Obviously the "Puel Out" crew will scapegoat him for every loss, not the players. Oh well, onwards and upwards.

• Like 2