Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

January Transfer Window Thoughts & Rumours

36 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

i don't think he is worth the money they would ask …… he didn't impress at Swansea …..

He started very well, but something went wrong and he lost confidence. There's definitely a goal scorer in there somewhere... I actually think he'd be a gamble worth taking, it would depend what the valuation was though, Id probably go as far as 12 mil if it would do it. 

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

I think we will splash a significant amount of cash in Jan on a winger. I think it’s clearly needed and Top will want to demonstrate his commitment to the club.

If we do, we'll be already trying to agree the deal now. We always do in January and if we cant then we tend not to be very active in the window. The news about us trying to secure Mendez could have some truth to it.

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If we do, we'll be already trying to agree the deal now. We always do in January and if we cant then we tend not to be very active in the window. The news about us trying to secure Mendez could have some truth to it.

I hope the Mendez rumour is true. Exciting prospect. But knowing us we'll probably send him out on loan to Arberdeen 

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

I think we will splash a significant amount of cash in Jan on a winger. I think it’s clearly needed and Top will want to demonstrate his commitment to the club.

hope your right. I think its clear as shit we are suffering major winger creativity.

Every top club has a great game changer winger and we don't.

Edited by les-tah

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We are a winger and a striker short in numbers and or quality. It would be nice to have a striker around 18-20 in the U23's who we could integrate but sadly we've Ryan Loft and not much else.

Ryan Loft is just the most confusing signing for me... not sure what they saw in him (and as my post history I think will show, I generally try to see the positives in all players). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

My guess is if we really are interested then a release clause bid would be in by now and we would already be up to contract negotiations. So hopeful on an early Jan transfer on this one :) 

Edited by les-tah

34 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Ryan Loft is just the most confusing signing for me... not sure what they saw in him (and as my post history I think will show, I generally try to see the positives in all players). 

Some claim we bought Loft to keep us ticking along while we wait out some injuries and for some youngsters to develop. I don't think we had any injury free strikers at the start of the season. Only recently has Shade popped up and I'm still not sure how Muskwe and Eppiah are doing.

On 16/11/2018 at 12:26, Cardiff_Fox said:

My suggestion for this? Reiss Nelson. Get him

on loan next season and fill him full of Arsenal are crap opinion for a year. 

On striker options I’d be happy to take a risk on a Abraham or a Solanke on the right terms. They’d get more game time than they currently do without wanting the main spot immediately 

19 hours ago, Lcfcrory said:

Would love us to raid Chelsea for Loftus cheek and Tammy Abraham

Abraham lads, really? Not exactly ripping up trees at Villa. For too many years we’ve wasted time and money on squad fillers, the players we should be bringing in need to be an improvement on what we have, as opposed to understudies. The other suggestions, Nelson and Loftus-Cheek, would be superb and offer clear options to improve our starting eleven.

22 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

Abraham lads, really? Not exactly ripping up trees at Villa. For too many years we’ve wasted time and money on squad fillers, the players we should be bringing in need to be an improvement on what we have, as opposed to understudies. The other suggestions, Nelson and Loftus-Cheek, would be superb and offer clear options to improve our starting eleven.

People are distinctly one eyed if they don't want Nelson :whistle:

2 hours ago, les-tah said:

Striker is one of those positions where we cant buy 'potential' we need someone who is ready and already firing at top level to replace Vardy straight away when that time comes.

The way he's been playing of late that 'time' might be sooner rather than later! 

8 hours ago, rachhere said:

I wonder if people said the same about Harry Kane at the age that RL is.....just remember him being woefully out of his depth on loan to us and now look at him!

RL is unlikely to be HK but signing strikers at 17-20 is a low risk if one just even remotely looks good it would repay 20 times over ....