Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

January Transfer Window Thoughts & Rumours

26 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah, would be a great move for us, him and Liverpool. 

I usually dislike 87.87% of your comments on FT but today! I think this is bang on. I have always liked Adam lalanana, and his workrate would be welcomed here.

Edited by Simoken
  • Like 4

On ‎25‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 17:10, Foxes1 said:

According the Daily Mirror (If you believe the rubbish they write) Claudio is after Danny Simpson, Christian Fuchs and Shinji Okazaki, along with Robert Huth.

The Fuchs link there makes me 99% certain they've just made it up.

All they've done there is look at players from Claudio's title season who are almost out of contract. Reasonable targets for Claudio, perhaps, except that Fuchs has repeatedly said that he'll be leaving to the US once his contract here is up, so that's pretty much guaranteed not to happen. Likewise, with the Huth link.

Simpson/Okazaki to Fulham would at least be somewhat sensible transfers, at least.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Xen said:

All they've done there is look at players from Claudio's title season who are almost out of contract. Reasonable targets for Claudio, perhaps, except that Fuchs has repeatedly said that he'll be leaving to the US once his contract here is up, so that's pretty much guaranteed not to happen. Likewise, with the Huth link.

Simpson/Okazaki to Fulham would at least be somewhat sensible transfers, at least.

Exactly! 

Galatasaray manager Fatih Terim has told his board to sign Shinji Okazaki. Okazaki will be a free agent at the end of the season and it looks like he will leave. Thanks for everything you have done for the club Shinji, you have been amazing with your workrate over the years and you are a fan favourite so good look in your next move.

2 hours ago, Xen said:

Fuchs on loan for the rest of the season isn't unreasonable, he's not going to play here but might fancy 5 months in London before emigrating to America to be with his wife and kids. 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Fuchs on loan for the rest of the season isn't unreasonable, he's not going to play here but might fancy 5 months in London before emigrating to America to be with his wife and kids. 

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Much nearer Heathrow, so an easier commute. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Possibly. But then that would leave us with Elder as back-up or needing to buy someone in January.

A loan away is essentially ending his contract here but delaying the move abroad. If Fuchs moves on in Jan I think it's more likely to be early mutual termination of his contract, with him heading straight to the US before the start of the MLS season in the spring.

4 minutes ago, Xen said:

Possibly. But then that would leave us with Elder as back-up or needing to buy someone in January.

A loan away is essentially ending his contract here but delaying the move abroad. If Fuchs moves on in Jan I think it's more likely to be early mutual termination of his contract, with him heading straight to the US before the start of the MLS season in the spring.

Yeah, I'm not saying we'd want it to happen but might think we can cope with Ricardo playing there for Puel at Nice in the past and Elder and Luke Thomas in the academy. 

With Chilwell now being undroppable, what left back is going to want to sign for us in the summer? 

1 hour ago, foxy boxing said:

Galatasaray manager Fatih Terim has told his board to sign Shinji Okazaki. Okazaki will be a free agent at the end of the season and it looks like he will leave. Thanks for everything you have done for the club Shinji, you have been amazing with your workrate over the years and you are a fan favourite so good look in your next move.

Okazaki and Slimani leading the two lines in that derby lol 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

no chance - we made him stay for this season when he wanted to leave. we aren't going to allow him to go in January unless we buy cover (which i cant see either)

24 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

no chance - we made him stay for this season when he wanted to leave. we aren't going to allow him to go in January unless we buy cover (which i cant see either)

Did he offer to forego his salary?

1 hour ago, FIF said:

Did he offer to forego his salary?

I expect he offered to forgo a big chunk if not all of it - however, the club weren’t prepared to allow him to leave as insufficient cover available. I know that towards the end of 2017 he was certain he would be leaving last summer so I expect we failed to get someone in .......otherwise it doesn’t make sense 

58 minutes ago, Rileigh84 said:

Lallana is a good shout. I've not been a huge fan of his mainly because he played for Liverpool, but I'd take him here.

A bit more experience wouldn't be a bad thing in this team as a short term fix, it might help get the best out of Gray and Maddison too. He can play a variety of positions which always helps us, who tend to mix up the 3 behind Vardy quite frequently.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

A bit more experience wouldn't be a bad thing in this team as a short term fix, it might help get the best out of Gray and Maddison too. He can play a variety of positions which always helps us, who tend to mix up the 3 behind Vardy quite frequently.

Oh I agree - and he pops up with goals too from what I remember.. I say that because he's always injured isnt he?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

This could be the first time I’ve fallen in love with a Fatih 

2 minutes ago, Rileigh84 said:

Oh I agree - and he pops up with goals too from what I remember.. I say that because he's always injured isnt he?

He loves an injury, but he also does long spells without one so I'm sure a loan spell is what him and Liverpool will be open to.

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Exactly....If we could put him through a full medical and no lingering proble ms,Forget loan buy him!!!

our young players,like Maddison,Gray, and yes even Barnes,would put some more notches on their potential weaponary.

he is that type of player we IMO desperately need,and he can play in 2-4 different roles....he can move or slot into various positions.

Of all potential players mentioned recently,he would be IMO a guaranteed success,and the terraces would easily take to him!!

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

A loan move for Adam Lallana would do me until next season when Barnes comes back (if calling him back is unreasonable)

Excellent shout, cc Rudkin and Macia please. We need more technical, clever players if we are to attempt to play this way and he would be real with his skill set and experience. 

• Like 1

Don't think we will sign anyone and we will use the window to trim the squad if anyone comes in for the likes of Silva, Iborra, Okazaki, Fuchs, Simpson, and Silmani.

We have a massively bloated squad and are trying to develop younger players, Anyone signed to go straight into the first team would be stalling the development of the likes of Gray, Chillwell, Soynecu, Ndidi, Maddison, and Iheanacho.

We need a decent backup for Vardy, but anyone good enough to be worth signing would not be happy sitting on the bench behind him for the majority of games.

Anyone not replacing these players as a starter will just add to the bloat of the squad and January is an expensive time to purchase players.

Edited by jim5000