Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

January Transfer Window Thoughts & Rumours

16 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

All these shouts for Wilson. He's not a bad striker, but it's so obvious that people here wouldn't be satisfied with him. It took Bournemouth years to figure out how to get him to score consistently. Now that he's finally in form and challenging for Europe I highly, highly doubt he's going to move from a slightly smaller club in better form to us.

You speak far too much sense.

No player is given time by the FTers to settle in, god help them if they're young.

Of course Wilson would have no interest in a move to us. It'd be a BIG club or no move at all.

And as for signing half of the players named on here. They won't come! These players want European football. It's top 6 or nothing. 

2 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

Wow. People really think we can’t tempt a player away from a club like Bournemouth. Do me a favour. Wilson would love to play for Leicester. Christ almighty 

We couldn't even tempt Troy Deeney away from Watford with champions league football and a title in the bag.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

Wow. People really think we can’t tempt a player away from a club like Bournemouth. Do me a favour. Wilson would love to play for Leicester. Christ almighty 

Bournemouth look just as likely to get European football as us, so we can't use that as a bargaining chip. He's the main man there, but would have to compete with Vardy if he came here.

Pretty much the only thing we have in our favour is that we could outclass them on wages. HOWEVER, if he has his eye on a top-6 club side, then staying at Bournemouth would be much better for him in the long run. If he stays on his current contract, then it'll be easy for him and the clubs to negotiate a deal to move to - say - Tottenham. If he comes here on a longer contract/higher wages, however, then we will be able to hold onto him despite pressure from the top clubs - as we did with Mahrez and Maguire - and he'll be stuck with us, regardless of wether or not we get European football.

Just now, Master Fox said:

I thought our goal was to compete and get into the top 6? Pretty sure that’s what Vichai had planned

Of course that's our goal. But right now there are a host of clubs all vying for the same spot (including one of the richest clubs in the world - Manchester United), so that isn't something we can guarantee.

A sideways step tying himself down into a longer/bigger contract would be a very big gamble for Wilson.

...should Vardy leave (hope not)., we could go to a 4-3-3 formation.

We could set up like this, with a little addition to the squad:

Kasper

Clyne  Benkovic  Maguire   Chilwell

Ndidi   Loftus-Cheeks   Mendy

Neres      Maddison         Ricardo

I feel the current squad are not good enough to play Puel style football, which in itself  defies why he persists with the current formation.

13 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Kasper

I feel the current squad are not good enough to play Puel style football, which in itself  defies why he persists with the current formation.

Loftus-Cheek will never join Leicester, plus Ricardo is a good attacker but never a LW (considering he is a right back(

7 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Kasper

pitch_image_1446478193_758228.jpeg

238060.jpg

• Haha 1