Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

January Transfer Window Thoughts & Rumours

47 minutes ago, JamesWelshFox said:

Mahrez on bench again tonight what a waste, if we want to be taken seriously go and get him back someone

??? He has literally been one of their best players over the last couple of months....he is genuinely world class.

58 minutes ago, JamesWelshFox said:

Mahrez on bench again tonight what a waste, if we want to be taken seriously go and get him back someone

He has started all their biggest games lol

Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool away as well as Manchester United in the derby at home - he has started them all lol

23 minutes ago, Spicer said:

A very good player that is probably attainable is Denis Suarez. He isn't playing for Barcelona, was great at Villareal and Sevilla. Usually a central midfielder or a winger. However I'm not sure he would fit into a midfield double pivot that Puel plays religiously. It would be nice to actually have a midfielder who is good on the ball.

Good shout, maybe another one just out of reach. Linked with Chelsea to replace Fabregas, but why not go for it. Looks like it’s going to be the Summer before we go for anyone like this though!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vanity said:

Claude better be playing his cards close to the vest. Since late September, we have been one of the absolute worst Premier league teams at scoring the ball.

How bad are we? We went off the rails 12 games ago. Let's compare our performance to the bottom-half of the table over the same number of games:

2.25     West Ham (one outlier game distorts this some, still would be 1.7+ if that result is removed)

1.16     Brighton

1.083   Cardiff

1.083   Burnley

1.0       Watford

1.0       Palace 

.916     Fulham

.833     Newcastle

.833     Leicester

.66       Huddersfield

.66       Southampton

Over that period of time, only 3 of the 12 teams we played were top-9 (that is, equal to or ahead of us in the table as it stands 12/12/18, all references to the table are as of that date). If you remove the games against the three teams ahead of us in the table, our average actually gets WORSE: 

In those nine games against the bottom 11 teams, we averaged .77 goals per game

That is the sort of scoring that gets you relegated. And you don't even want to look at our open play scoring numbers, they are too disgusting to even post. 

So yeah, I'm a fan of Puel, I think he knows what he is doing, but we need players who can score, and we need them early in the January window. No more pretending things are ok bc we are playing teams in a relegation scrap that cannot score either. 8 of our next 12 are against teams ahead of us in the table, we are going to see a lot of 2-0, 3-0, 4-1 unless we can figure out a way to start scoring.

Get some scorers in Claude. While you're at it, sniff around for a DM who can handle the ball, we simply cannot play two DMs who struggle with the ball at their feet.

We're not so bad at "scoring the ball".

Of the teams below us, only West Ham have scored more and outside of the top 7, we are the only club with positive goal difference.

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

such a ridiculous thing to write an article on 

1 . Of course he’s happy to see out the rest of his contract doing nothing whilst probably earning his last big pay cheque .

2. That inteview luckily / coincidentally takes place at his training academy free press 

3 hours ago, murphy said:

We're not so bad at "scoring the ball".

Of the teams below us, only West Ham have scored more and outside of the top 7, we are the only club with positive goal difference.

Uh-oh, did I let an NBA expression slip into a socc... football post? The horror! Naturally that invalidates everything else I have said past, present, and future.

I said we aren't scoring well lately. The season numbers speak for themselves. 

Edited by vanity

6 hours ago, vanity said:

Uh-oh, did I let an NBA expression slip into a socc... football post? The horror! Naturally that invalidates everything else I have said past, present, and future.

The numbers do speak for themselves.  It is that, that invalidates your argument.

On 12/12/2018 at 00:37, sacreblueits442 said:

...should Vardy leave (hope not)., we could go to a 4-3-3 formation.

We could set up like this, with a little addition to the squad:

Kasper

Clyne  Benkovic  Maguire   Chilwell

Ndidi   Loftus-Cheeks   Mendy

Neres      Maddison         Ricardo

I feel the current squad are not good enough to play Puel style football, which in itself  defies why he persists with the current formation.

An alternative,posted also in transfer talk....

If all rumours from local and national media ,on little business will be done .. here is the team that would give us an alternative...if Vardy is struggling.

Schmeichel.

Evans.                     Morgan/Soyu

Ndidi

Periera                                                  Chilwell

Shinji 

Albright.                              Mendy/Iborra

Maddison

Maguire

Subs: choices from ..

Morgan/Soyuncu....Iborra/Mendy..Fuchs....Amartey ..Nacho..Ghezzy,Gray..Youth-player,Silva

having Maguire up front,gives us that Steve Walsh/Matty Elliot type of set up.Then Albrighton becomes more  dangerous with a targetman

Who can head the ball

He can slot into the CB position if one the others CBs get a game injury,and re-shuffle becomes necessary.

Shinji,was never really an out n out Striker,and has played for Mainz,in various midfield positions...

Here can he give us 55-75 minutes as the box to box,+ ball carrying link to get us on the frontfoot.

NDidi holds the fort,and doesn't need to regular put in long passes...

27 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

An alternative,posted also in transfer talk....

If all rumours from local and national media ,on little business will be done .. here is the team that would give us an alternative...if Vardy is struggling.

Schmeichel.

Ndidi

Shinji 

Maddison

Maguire

Subs: choices from ..

Morgan/Soyuncu....Iborra/Mendy..Fuchs....Amartey ..Nacho..Ghezzy,Gray..Youth-player,Silva

having Maguire up front,gives us that Steve Walsh/Matty Elliot type of set up.Then Albrighton becomes more  dangerous with a targetman

Who can head the ball

He can slot into the CB position if one the others CBs get a game injury,and re-shuffle becomes necessary.

Shinji,was never really an out n out Striker,and has played for Mainz,in various midfield positions...

Here can he give us 55-75 minutes as the box to box,+ ball carrying link to get us on the frontfoot.

NDidi holds the fort,and doesn't need to regular put in long passes...

I'll have some of what you're smoking.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

We will need to do something pretty quickly about strikers in January. Shinji is likely to playing in the Asian Cup from the first week of January until the possible maximum of the 1st week in February 

I hope this was a joke. We'd be better off if Shinji was unavailable. Lovely bloke, runs around a lot (but not as quickly as he used to) but still spends most of his time near the ball on his arse and incapable of scoring. Time to move on from Shinji as we had to from the great Robert Huth.

Edited by Guest

10 hours ago, vanity said:

I agree with your statement that we need to bolster the striker corps come January.

This will be unpopular, but I suggest we look to MLS - specifically, we ought to raid Atlanta.

2 hours ago, FIF said:

I hope this was a joke. We'd be better off if Shinji was unavailable. Lovely bloke, runs around a lot (but not as quickly as he used to) but still spends most of his time near the ball on his arse and incapable of scoring. Time to move on from Shinji as we had to from the great Robert Huth.

Without him in January, we’d have the cover of two strikers (Vardy carrying an injury of course - which at some point is likely to involve surgery).  The use of Gray up there is a waste of time 

52 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

I agree with your statement that we need to bolster the striker corps come January.

This will be unpopular, but I suggest we look to MLS - specifically, we ought to raid Atlanta.

I fancy us signing a wide receiver from the Seahawks.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

If all rumours from local and national media  -.. here is the team that would give us an alternative...if Vardy is struggling.

Schmeichel.

Ndidi

Shinji 

Maddison

Maguire

Harry, you sly dog.  Posing all this time as an old expat in Germany, just to slip this one through on us ...

If Claude won't have you leading the line in the 2-1-3-2-2 Slab Attack, some contrary buggers on FT are sure to demand it.

From Palace pre-match press conference:

Puel said it would damage the confidence of his emerging players and suggest he was losing faith in them if he brought in other players mid-season.

“If we didn’t give confidence to our young players to develop and grow with the team it would be not the right project for the club,” Puel said.

“We need to find the right balance between developing the squad and getting results.

“It is important to put in place what we need to improve the team for the next season and for the future. At the moment it is important to keep our focus on this club and we have a lot of quality and I am happy with this squad.

Don't hold your breath for any new Strikers in January...

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

Harry, you sly dog.  Posing all this time as an old expat in Germany, just to slip this one through on us ...

If Claude won't have you leading the line in the 2-1-3-2-2 Slab Attack, some contrary buggers on FT are sure to demand it.

Not Harry,but a German relation...Platten-teufel

12 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

Here we go then guys, suprised it’s taken this long but Chilwell to Man City https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-city-plot-50m-left-13730679

Wondered when someone would come sniffing, Vardy to Chelsea, Maguire to Man Utd and who will come in for Maddison?

:nono: