Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

January Transfer Window Thoughts & Rumours

2 hours ago, NewquayFox said:

Wondered when someone would come sniffing, Vardy to Chelsea, Maguire to Man Utd and who will come in for Maddison?

:nono:

Then give Benkovic to Celtic, give Wes a 5 year contract and welcome to the Championship and Barnsley away.  The transfer window is so full of shite.

Edited by mozartfox

9 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Ah yes, since when has any Leicester manager ever spoke about the players we tried to sign. His naivety at times is really shocking 

Naive not spoilt brat yes. He's not getting the answers he wants or thinks he should get. Belt up for Pearson mk11. And people say the players should talk to him lol lol

• Like 1

20 hours ago, murphy said:

The numbers do speak for themselves.  It is that, that invalidates your argument.

I argued that we are not scoring in a specific time period covering the last 12 games. Citing season stats is wholly irrelevant to what I said.

No worries, I often read things too quickly myself.

17 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Ah yes, since when has any Leicester manager ever spoke about the players we tried to sign. His naivety at times is really shocking 

He’s a straight up c*nt, no point beating about the bush.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, sylofox said:

Naive not spoilt brat yes. He's not getting the answers he wants or thinks he should get. Belt up for Pearson mk11. And people say the players should talk to him lol lol

I don't know what he's after, he asked the question and Puel answered. He isn't getting our transfer strategy broken down for him. For Puel to say they're actively hunting a striker then undermines our strike force straight away. Personally, just think he wants Puel to slip up for his own gain.

The player:Stringer situation has snowballed massively from what it was. Both sides aren't helping. 

33 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

He’s a straight up c*nt, no point beating about the bush.

I hear bits and bobs about him, in tandem with how he conducts himself on the radio and yeah he's a bit of a nob. 

He's a good commentator, but he tries to hard to get Puel to slip up in questions and he comes across arrogant at times. Also thinks he too comfortable at RL and is waiting for a call from the big guys 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

The player:Stringer situation has snowballed massively from what it was. Both sides aren't helping. 

But as a player why would you. You've just finished or going into a high pressure game and you get Stringer trying to trip you up. 

To me the Puel one shows him up for what he is. It also explains some of the reasons they won't talk. 

That would probably break the Geneva convention on how you can question an enemy. 

3 minutes ago, sylofox said:

But as a player why would you. You've just finished or going into a high pressure game and you get Stringer trying to trip you up. 

To me the Puel one shows him up for what he is. It also explains some of the reasons they won't talk. 

That would probably break the Geneva convention on how you can question an enemy. 

I know he needs to ask the questions, but its the way he asks them and his wording of things. It comes across as if he's entitled to an answer.

But I agree, you don't want to be asked questions whilst he sits and waits for you to slip up. It'll be a long while before he's let back in 

19 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

so thinks he too comfortable at RL and is waiting for a call from the big guys 

No he's shot himself in the foot with the big boys. You can just see it. 

We can now go live to the KP for a players reaction. They must be elated after today's 6-0 thrashing of man City. Ian. 

Ian why are you on your own. 

Stringer "Well I was a bit of a cvnt in the past and none of the players talk to me now" 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, vanity said:

I argued that we are not scoring in a specific time period covering the last 12 games. Citing season stats is wholly irrelevant to what I said.

No worries, I often read things too quickly myself.

Since the season is only 16 games in, I would say that it is pretty relevant.  The difference is  only 4 games and it's not like we were scoring 3s and 4s in our first four games is it?

You were talking nonsense about relegation (see, I can read) and I just used facts to show you that our goals, for and against, are actually pretty good.  

You're welcome.

Edited by murphy

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

I hear bits and bobs about him, in tandem with how he conducts himself on the radio and yeah he's a bit of a nob. 

He's a good commentator, but he tries to hard to get Puel to slip up in questions and he comes across arrogant at times. Also thinks he too comfortable at RL and is waiting for a call from the big guys 

Good commentator !!! I had the misfortune of having to listen to 10 minutes of his commentary the other week whilst driving . It consisted of snide digs at Puel , him shouting at the top of his voice when nothing was really happening in the hope of getting a sound bite . Then spent litually 2-3 minutes talking to Piper about some random shit and totally forgetting to commentate on the game . 

• Like 2

On 12/12/2018 at 21:56, Spicer said:

A very good player that is probably attainable is Denis Suarez. He isn't playing for Barcelona, was great at Villareal and Sevilla. Usually a central midfielder or a winger. However I'm not sure he would fit into a midfield double pivot that Puel plays religiously. It would be nice to actually have a midfielder who is good on the ball.

• Like 2

On 14/12/2018 at 01:43, murphy said:

Since the season is only 16 games in, I would say that it is pretty relevant.  The difference is  only 4 games and it's not like we were scoring 3s and 4s in our first four games is it?

You were talking nonsense about relegation (see, I can read) and I just used facts to show you that our goals, for and against, are actually pretty good.  

You're welcome.

I said we were scoring like a relegation side the last 12. That isn't nonsense, that is a fact. I never said we would be relegated. 

Make that our last 13 after Palace today. It could not be more obvious that our attack is impotent and we are in dire need of attacking reinforcements. 

This side obviously needs a boost offensively whether it's Barnes coming back or bringing in a striker. My fear now is that is that the system itself does not support any kind of offence so new striker or Barnes coming home won't change much.

I would like to see a young  striker added, maybe Josh Maja or Macauley Bonne. 

14 hours ago, Blue'nWhiteFox said:

The january transfer window isn't just an opportunity to buy new players. It's also a risk to lose players. Now - who can we lose this time? I think both Maguire and Maddison is in danger. And IF they are sold, we will become a even weaker team.... 

Lol. Maddison and Maguire arent going anywhere in Jan

Feel free to bet your house on it

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi

17 hours ago, Blue'nWhiteFox said:

The january transfer window isn't just an opportunity to buy new players. It's also a risk to lose players. Now - who can we lose this time? I think both Maguire and Maddison is in danger. And IF they are sold, we will become a even weaker team.... 

If Mags can be sold for 60m. - I would take the dosh and just recall Benkovic, as we cannot risk playing two old and slow CB‘s together.  Then save this Mags cash (after wedging up Hull) and use it in the summer window to bring in some new players in tandem with clearing out the  deadwood.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, H.a.r.r.y said:

any of these please:

Hernandez

Antonio

Redmond

Ings

Mitrovitch

We need a striker to contribute, Hernandez is a poacher.

Redmond is inconsistent, we have enough of thise already.

Ings is on loan from Liverpool and unless we buy him won't be recalled and then may be useless.

Mitrovic is once again too inconsistent.

• Like 2