Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Crispin LA

Bring back Shakespeare

11 minutes ago, murphy said:

I don't forsee CS coming back and the coaching staff should be picked by the manager.

However, I think that Shakespeare is unfairly maligned on this forum.  He was a huge part of our success and then he saved us from what seemed like the humiliation of becoming relegated champions with five wins on the bounce.

He deserves more respect.

Agree,but could he or even Walsh,improve and add to todays backroom staff routines..???

Let's be honest,they had their chance....

• Like 1

There's no doubt he played a big part in our recent success, And the Club were right to give him his own chance at Management. But he's also responsible for the poor signings during his rein as Manager.

The very players that are holding us back right now. Silva,Nacho, Iborra and to a lesser extent Slimani, Musa.

New Contracts for James, King, Morgan,Ulloa.

All signed for big money which is limiting  Puels opportunities to bring more players in without moving some out first.

Puel will need another couple of Windows to complete the squad to be regular top 6.

We are going in the right direction though. Long may it continue.

17 hours ago, Crispin LA said:

It would be good for the Club if they brought him back as a coach, it would also help Puel when communicating with the players. 

I didn't know Shakey spoke fluent French. Oh while I'm here any chance of your dealers number? Good shite he sells. 

28 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

There's no doubt he played a big part in our recent success, And the Club were right to give him his own chance at Management. But he's also responsible for the poor signings during his rein as Manager.

The very players that are holding us back right now. Silva,Nacho, Iborra and to a lesser extent Slimani, Musa.

All signed for big money which is limiting  Puels opportunities to bring more players in without moving some out first.

Puel will need another couple of Windows to complete the squad to be regular top 6.

I think overall iborra has been great for the 10m we spent on him and people are quick to forget that nacho is still very young at 22. I think there could still be a player there. Where we slate him for the signings of musa and silva etc we should also credit him for the signing of maguire.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Can people stop with this "Puel can't communicate" shite, I've listened to him... he might be a bit drab when interviewed, but I understand exactly what he's saying. He doesn't need a go between for communication.

I don't see how people can still say that after hearing the statement he put out during the first press confrence after the crash. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

Can people stop with this "Puel can't communicate" shite, I've listened to him... he might be a bit drab when interviewed, but I understand exactly what he's saying. He doesn't need a go between for communication.

if only people that worked in media would stop posting shit to the contrary because they personally dislike him

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

Look Harry, I appreciate what you’re doing here, but this kind of balanced, thoughtful response has no place on this forum. Foxestalk watches the Disney PG version of Leicester City, where people are either superheroes or irredeemable villains.

You are not entitled to see people as valued contributors with limitations, they are either Gods above any criticism (e.g. Ranieri, Wes, Mahrez, Andy King etc.) or treacherous failures not fit to be anywhere near the club (e.g. Ranieri, Wes, Mahrez, Andy King etc.)

I hope that’s helped.

I apologise to anybody offended. Completely out of order. MODS please ban me :D

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

if only people that worked in media would stop posting shit to the contrary because they personally dislike him

I can imagine it's a difficult interview, he's not a soundbite manager and he probably take 3 minutes to answer a question some answer in 20 seconds... but there is certainly no issue in understanding him.

15 hours ago, murphy said:

I don't forsee CS coming back and the coaching staff should be picked by the manager.

However, I think that Shakespeare is unfairly maligned on this forum.  He was a huge part of our success and then he saved us from what seemed like the humiliation of becoming relegated champions with five wins on the bounce.

He deserves more respect.

Absolutely, he is a terrific coach and did a great job as a caretaker.

Its a shame it didn’t end there but to judge his whole career here on that short difficult spell as permanent manager does him a huge injustice imo.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

I must say that Silva and Iheanacho looked like great signings on paper and if you read their 100+ page signing threads on this forum, so did most others.  It doesn't seem to have worked out but I don't blame the club for going for them.  They were players with big reputations.

Slim and Musa were signed during that disastrous post title summer window during Ranieri's tenure.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Foxy harry said:

I think overall iborra has been great for the 10m we spent on him and people are quick to forget that nacho is still very young at 22. I think there could still be a player there. Where we slate him for the signings of musa and silva etc we should also credit him for the signing of maguire.

Fair point, but I recommended him when he was with Sheffield. We could have got him for 2 million then.

Nacho is a finisher and a decent one. But like Vardy our system doesn't suit him. Now we're trying to expand his style of play. He could still come good for us yet.

I think Iborra is the best of the rest and I'd like to see him get a run of games.

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

Fair point, but I recommended him when he was with Sheffield. We could have got him for 2 million then.

Nacho is a finisher and a decent one. But like Vardy our system doesn't suit him. Now we're trying to expand his style of play. He could still come good for us yet.

I think Iborra is the best of the rest and I'd like to see him get a run of games.

its also worth thinking what would've happened had shakey stayed, he signed those players to suit his plans and systems, not claudes

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Crispin LA said:

I honestly think as an assistant to Puel, it would work, Shakespeare can have the banter with the players which Puel probably finds difficult who sounds like a more reserved character.

It was possibly too much cosying up to the players and potentially undermining management that caused some of the problems. A manager , Puel or whoever will always usually pick an assistant that above all will be loyal to him.