Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue ROI

Fulham (A) Pre-Match

6 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

We’ve improved massively since raneiri left & weve changed quite abit since when he was here. Leicester should be beating fulham considering the quality of players/managers on both respected sides. 

We won the prem under Ranieri  How have we improved?  You’re making a judgement on the half dozen games the year afterward where players had a dramatic drop (the reasons could

be debated by psychologists). 

I think you’re too confident.  I wish I was like you, but I’m not so sure that this game will be so easy.  You’re greatly underestimating a top manager.

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

I went on "whoscored" to get passing stats for our 4 central midfielders as I think folk are way too harsh on Ndidi but then realised his accuracy is only 77% (Mendy and Iborra are at around 90% and Silva, albeit in a very small sample size, is on about 83%) which is down on last year I believe.  He has everything to be one of the best players in his position in the league and I am inclined to stick with him as he is young and his tackling/interception stats are so impressive they probably outweigh the passing.  However even I (a perennial optimistic "let's be nice to everyone poster") has to admit he does need to improve in that area.  I wonder whether it is purely a technique issue (he knows what and where he wants to pass but he cannot quite do it) or if it is more of a mental thing (rushes slightly, panics, etc)?  As I said, I would say leave him where he is and let him blossom but it would be nice to know if there was a way for him to up his passing accuracy as if he could get up to towards the 90% mark we would be a much more formidable unit.  X

Good post, I agree he's already a very good Def mid in the sense his tackling and overall competitiveness is up there, if he stuck to the basics his match day average ratings for me would be much higher. Unfortunately, he typically lacks concentration, consistency and vital decision making skills.

55 minutes ago, Sionnach gorm said:

We won the prem under Ranieri  How have we improved?  You’re making a judgement on the half dozen games the year afterward where players had a dramatic drop (the reasons could

be debated by psychologists). 

I think you’re too confident.  I wish I was like you, but I’m not so sure that this game will be so easy.  You’re greatly underestimating a top manager.

He was sacked after 24 pretty pathetic league games bar a couple so not ‘half a dozen’ and he’s not that great, that’s why he’s a fulham. You suggest the psychologists, didn’t raneiri sack him ? lol

Watch the swansea away game or even the highlights and come back and tell me we haven’t improved. 

Edited by OhYesNdidi
  • Like 2

A scenario like Newcastle and Southampton away around this time last season where our midfield plus Okazaki chipped in with a lot of goals and we won would be ideal.

Vardy's potential injury might well be why Diabate has found himself back in the reckoning.

For all our issues we could still get a result but this is where Claudio will be out to prove a point no matter how much he plays it down. Getting a win against us would be one way to get in Claudio's good books and the Fulham players will be up for it.

I wouldn't begrudge him a win should he get it but want to get something from it with our unforgiving month ahead. Can't wait for this.

If Vardy and Evans are out then I can see us struggling.

Mitrovic will pin himself on Soyuncu from the first minute to the last, can see that duel getting particularly feisty as well which could be a good thing, could not.

Their defence is a shambles so I'd chuck Vardy in even if half fit, just to peg them back an extra 5-10 yards. Rest him at the weekend.

We need to give ourselves the best chance of winning here as a win vs Spurs is unlikely whichever way you look at it.

Edited by Fosse93

3 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

If Vardy and Evans are out then I can see us struggling.

Mitrovic will pin himself on Soyuncu from the first minute to the last, can see that duel getting particularly feisty as well which could be a good thing, could not.

Their defence is a shambles so I'd chuck Vardy in even if half fit, just to peg them back an extra 5-10 yards. Rest him at the weekend.

We need to give ourselves the best chance of winning here as a win vs Spurs is unlikely whichever way you look at it.

Mitrovic is a very good centre forward but does lack pace. Soyunco should be able to handle him but if Morgan plays then expect either Mitrovic or Morgan to get sent off. 

1 hour ago, OhYesNdidi said:

He was sacked after 24 pretty pathetic league games bar a couple so not ‘half a dozen’ and he’s not that great, that’s why he’s a fulham. You suggest the psychologists, didn’t raneiri sack him ? lol

Watch the swansea away game or even the highlights and come back and tell me we haven’t improved. 

So we’ve won the prem since him? ?

great improvement!

4 minutes ago, Sionnach gorm said:

So we’ve won the prem since him? ?

great improvement!

Why do you keep mentioning the premier league win? He was sacked because we were 17th or so and playing some of the worst football this leagues seen. We’ve improved since Claudio was sacked, he ain’t that great of a manager imo. 

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Why do you keep mentioning the premier league win? He was sacked because we were 17th or so and playing some of the worst football this leagues seen. We’ve improved since Claudio was sacked, he ain’t that great of a manager imo. 

I agree. He was successfully taking us from 1st to last in 12 months if given the time. 

5 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

I went on "whoscored" to get passing stats for our 4 central midfielders as I think folk are way too harsh on Ndidi but then realised his accuracy is only 77% (Mendy and Iborra are at around 90% and Silva, albeit in a very small sample size, is on about 83%) which is down on last year I believe.  He has everything to be one of the best players in his position in the league and I am inclined to stick with him as he is young and his tackling/interception stats are so impressive they probably outweigh the passing.  However even I (a perennial optimistic "let's be nice to everyone poster") has to admit he does need to improve in that area.  I wonder whether it is purely a technique issue (he knows what and where he wants to pass but he cannot quite do it) or if it is more of a mental thing (rushes slightly, panics, etc)?  As I said, I would say leave him where he is and let him blossom but it would be nice to know if there was a way for him to up his passing accuracy as if he could get up to towards the 90% mark we would be a much more formidable unit.  X

Passing accuracy % does not fully tell his lack of ability in this area. He often over hits or under hit his passes. He often pass the ball behind a forward running player. His teammates in those situations can still get to the ball, but the placement of the pass means the team has lost out a good attacking moment. So the passing % is higher than it should be.

And unfortunately, when you often only have a few good chances in a game, given his central position, it means he disrupts the whole creative flow of the team substantially.

Not only that, he doesn’t get himself into good position for the good small passes to get his teammates out of trouble or to allow a creative team movement to continue. Mendy, Iborra and even Silva do a much better job. In fact, I am impressed with Mendy and Iborra in this department.

I don’t know what it is. Puel can see him day in day out in training. It seems to me it is a combination of lack of technique and lack of composure. From time to time, he does show that he can see the good pass in his head by making the right pass, just that the result often eludes him - eg, how he overhits to pass to Albrington in the last game for a golden opportunity.

With Mendy in the team, I feel his defensive ability can be sacrificed for someone more creative - unless we face a strong side where we need more defensive cover. Otherwise, it is hard for me to see how we can go back to the days in our title winning season when we averaged more than 10-15 shots on goal easily even with very little possession.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 4

"The awkward truth is that the resentment Ranieri feels towards certain people at the club was clearly evident when he returned last month to pay his tribute to late chairman Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha. There is no question that his sadness was sincere and heartfelt, but multiple sources have told Telegraph Sport that on that day he was allegedly aloof and rude. One has even said his behaviour was “embarrassing”, because of the atmosphere he created. How did it end like this?"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/12/04/fairytale-cloud-still-hangs-claudio-ranieri-leicester/

:(

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Col city fan said:

If, as has been said, we are going into this game with a make shift back four and an unfit Vardy, I’m fancying Fulham tomorrow tbh.

They are 2-1 for the win with Bet 365. Seems value to me that.

vardy out for nacho, lord farquad and morgan CB

seems alright to me as wes is improving?????

anyway we were 5000/1

Edited by H.a.r.r.y

4 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Well, you’re in the minority, except for the British press.  The rest of the world sees it otherwise, not to mention statistics.

4 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

"The awkward truth is that the resentment Ranieri feels towards certain people at the club was clearly evident when he returned last month to pay his tribute to late chairman Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha. There is no question that his sadness was sincere and heartfelt, but multiple sources have told Telegraph Sport that on that day he was allegedly aloof and rude. One has even said his behaviour was “embarrassing”, because of the atmosphere he created. How did it end like this?"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/12/04/fairytale-cloud-still-hangs-claudio-ranieri-leicester/

Not surprised, matches up with what we heard regarding the disastrous end to his time here. Shame Vardy can't play as he'd be massively motivated to beat that lot. Fully expecting Kasper to be on top form too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sionnach gorm said:

Well, you’re in the minority, except for the British press.  The rest of the world sees it otherwise, not to mention statistics.

We went about a month without scoring. It became embarrassing and watching Leicester was a choir. We are in a much better position now, thankfully. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

His actions at Nantes were pathetic aswell. This persona he gets from the press is pathetic really. Plays the victim all the time and watched our football club get hammered from all sections when he was rightfully sacked. 

Edited by OhYesNdidi

1 minute ago, OhYesNdidi said:

His actions at Nantes were pathetic aswell. This persona he gets from the press is pathetic really. Plays the victim all the time and watched our football club get hammered from all sections when he was rightfully sacked. 

I remember that time he decided to skip the Nantes end of season awards with the most incredible excuse lol

I dont doubt that the Vardy, kasper and Morgan gang are potentially quite detrimental to us in terms of having too much influence. (The Chelsea kind of scenario isnt good for a team, especially one of our size).

But i think you could see they were more than justified to go and say to the powers above that we are losing the absolute ****ing plot.

That arguement that Mourinho and some pundits made that "If Leicester didnt win the league, he would have kept his job" because they're expected to be around that area is probably the biggest load of shit I've ever heard anyone say about us. It was the only thing keeping him in his job for so long. If that was his first season he wouldn't have lasted 5 games. 

That whole period is something we are now thankfully rebuilding from and we are slowly getting back to the kind of area we should have been competing in that following season. Alongside a young, mainly international side, we can hopefully forget that follow up season ever happened and maybe extinguish some of those awful memories that almost tarnished the title winning season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

I dont doubt that the Vardy, kasper and Morgan gang are potentially quite detrimental to us in terms of having too much influence. (The Chelsea kind of scenario isnt good for a team, especially one of our size).

But i think you could see they were more than justified to go and say to the powers above that we are losing the absolute ****ing plot.

Pearson/Vichai instilled a culture of democracy, where everyone has a say. That is where our team spirit and also where the player power comes from. And whatever those senior players did was what they felt were in the best interests of the club. Because they cared about the club too much to see our foundations be destroyed. They could have just as easily allowed everything to implode and go elsewhere post relegation. Instead they took the blame from the media and did their talking on the pitch with the winning run. Our boys are unplayable when angry, and I hope they are angry tonight.

Edited by brucey
  • Like 4