Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue ROI

Fulham (A) Pre-Match

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

If we're talking non-striker strikers I do reckon Iborra could do a job up there. Good in the air and with his feet, offers us a target for crosses and might link up alright. 4-6-0 lads.

I'd actually opt for Ward in goal and Schmeichel up top. Really confuse the opposition.

Schmeichel ain't bad with his head (should've had that goal in the championship), pretty adept with his feet, and there's no denying he'd give it 110%.

Plus it'd be a laugh.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Xen said:

I'd actually opt for Ward in goal and Schmeichel up top. Really confuse the opposition.

Schmeichel ain't bad with his head (should've had that goal in the championship), pretty adept with his feet, and there's no denying he'd give it 110%.

Plus it'd be a laugh.

Did you not see the clip of that outrageous Ward goal in training?

24 minutes ago, Xen said:

Plus it'd be a laugh.

A laugh would be Benalouane up front. Schmeichel up top would outrage everyone who didn't have him in FF... Do it Claude

11 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

A laugh would be Benalouane up front. Schmeichel up top would outrage everyone who didn't have him in FF... Do it Claude

If a goalie plays up front and scores and the reserve goalkeeper keeps a clean sheet would the striker goalie also get a clean sheet bonus?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brucey said:

Iborra has played target man before, hasn't he? Might be a good option if we have given up on Slim

I would prefer a retarded one legged spider than Slimani.

Edited by Simoken

12 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

I think Vardy and Morgan will both play if they possibly can. Both will be desperate to play against Ranieri. Soyoncu will come in for Evans.

In times like these its down to the manager to put his foot down. We can't afford losing Vardy for the Christmas period and Fulham is a game we can win without him. I say if he is a possibility, have him on the bench, bring him on if we need to. No point aggravating the injury when he might already need surgery on it.

Also, what message would it send to Iheanacho if he didn't play? Vardy could need surgery and yet he's still not getting a game. You'd probably be fed up.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gevans_97 said:

In times like these its down to the manager to put his foot down. We can't afford losing Vardy for the Christmas period and Fulham is a game we can win without him. I say if he is a possibility, have him on the bench, bring him on if we need to. No point aggravating the injury when he might already need surgery on it.

Also, what message would it send to Iheanacho if he didn't play? Vardy could need surgery and yet he's still not getting a game. You'd probably be fed up.

It is becoming ever more clear why Vardy didn't start against Brighton....I am worried that this is the first clear indicator of a physical decline, and I really hope I'm wrong about it.

14 minutes ago, Gevans_97 said:

Remember what happened last time he tried to not risk vardy, all the muppets were up in arms about him not starting.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

It is becoming ever more clear why Vardy didn't start against Brighton....I am worried that this is the first clear indicator of a physical decline, and I really hope I'm wrong about it.

Had the same niggle during the title win didn't he? Had surgery and was back within about a week!

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I just don't think he's shaken off his injury from the WC. A winter break would do him the world of good...

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Remember what happened last time he tried to not risk vardy, all the muppets were up in arms about him not starting.

those that are distinctly Puel out will find any reason to slate him. Bizzare when he comes out in press conferences and says Vardy has an injury. Do these people not listen to the press conferences/read articles? weirdly misinformed. 

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I am not too worried yet. Perhaps Ben Foster thought this when he thought he would get to Chilwell's through ball first as well. He has probably been dealing with this injury on and off through the whole season and he has still been one of the best strikers in the division.

I was quite surprised that Vardy didn't come off after tweaking his groin against Watford, especially as we were 2-0 up.

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Had the same niggle during the title win didn't he? Had surgery and was back within about a week!

Yes, he skipped the Spurs cup game which gave him about 10 days. I had the same surgery from the same surgeon. He does a lot of sportsman (Kasper as well at one point).

However, it shouldn't re-occur after surgery. So it might be something different in his groin. Vardy might just be weak in that area and all the training/games are now starting to show. It's all about management at his age now and getting the best out of him.

3 minutes ago, Gevans_97 said:

those that are distinctly Puel out will find any reason to slate him. Bizzare when he comes out in press conferences and says Vardy has an injury. Do these people not listen to the press conferences/read articles? weirdly misinformed. 

Apparently Puel doesn't speak English, so they wouldn't have understood him.