Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue ROI

Fulham (A) Pre-Match

I'd expect Vardy to be rested for this one and start from the bench replaced with Nacho, Maguire in for Evans is a really tough break for Evans but has to be done. Will be a tough game I think but hey are vulnerable and soft at the back I think it'll be a draw 2-2

11 minutes ago, Blue Ed said:

I'd expect Vardy to be rested for this one and start from the bench replaced with Nacho, Maguire in for Evans is a really tough break for Evans but has to be done. Will be a tough game I think but hey are vulnerable and soft at the back I think it'll be a draw 2-2

Why not replace Wes with Harry?  

Morgan and Evans Vs Fulham

Maguire and Soyuncu Vs Spurs

I don’t think Morgan and Evans deserve to be dropped, but 2 games in the space of 3 days will require rotation.  It will give a chance for Maguire and Soyuncu to fight for a starting place. 

Edited by Shane
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Shane said:

I don’t think Morgan and Evans deserve to be dropped, but 2 games in the space of 3 days will require rotation.  It will give a chance for Maguire and Soyuncu to fight for a starting place. 

You're right about rotating. But since Morgan and Evans seem the best pairing of late, shouldnt they start against the better side, ie Spurs, no?

Fulham's best attacking option is Mitrovic, who is big and strong.  So Wes has to play and sit on him, don't like this zonal marking stuff.  We have better players than Fulham so should be a threat.  Expect a close match and wouldn't be too unhappy with a draw.

57 minutes ago, Hanan96 said:

Btw why did evans got replaced by Iborra? Is he injured? 

Not sure but I genuinely think it’s because Puel is trying to keep some players match fit. With so many games coming up this month Mendy and Ndidi can’t play them all so giving Iborra some minutes is good. Same thing with Soyuncu, Puel is making sure he gets game time so he’s ready. Evans did his job and Soyuncu could fill in. 

I know everyone loves a consistent team selection but the festive period is the one time it’s highly acceptable to rotate. There is zero chance we play the same 11 for the two games but hopefully we don’t make a crazy number of changes either. Perhaps same team vs Fulham the rotate 3/4 for Spurs etc. 

Edited by StriderHiryu

25 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Not sure but I genuinely think it’s because Puel is trying to keep some players match fit. With so many games coming up this month Mendy and Ndidi can’t play them all so giving Iborra some minutes is good. Same thing with Soyuncu, Puel is making sure he gets game time so he’s ready. Evans did his job and Soyuncu could fill in. 

I know everyone loves a consistent team selection but the festive period is the one time it’s highly acceptable to rotate. There is zero chance we play the same 11 for the two games but hopefully we don’t make a crazy number of changes either. Perhaps same team vs Fulham the rotate 3/4 for Spurs etc. 

Didn't morgan older than him? He deserve more rest? 

I really worried. Some of our player suddenly got something near the end or after game then out for long like ghezzal 

1 hour ago, Shane said:

I worry that Maguire and Soyuncu is our weakest defensive pairing by some distance. We need to pick our best XI for at least the next two.

3 minutes ago, mancunianfox said:

I worry that Maguire and Soyuncu is our weakest defensive pairing by some distance. We need to pick our best XI for at least the next two.

Love this forum, elsewhere Wesley is finished......now he’s better than England’s number 5!!

• Haha 1

I'm not sure Soy and Mag can play together. Need one CB who'll happily stay back. I guess we could tell Soy not to venture towards. We'll probably go for Evans and Soyuncu in one match and Morgan and Maguire in another.

8 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

Love this forum, elsewhere Wesley is finished......now he’s better than England’s number 5!!

I have never been much of a fan of Maguire, I wish we had cashed in in the Summer whilst his stock was as high as it is likely to be. I think Soyuncu will be good for us but I haven't seen anything to suggest that the two of them together would be a good idea as they are too similar. I agree with the idea that Wes needs replacing long term but ideally with someone good and not just for the sake of it. Hopefully the lad on loan at Celtic can be the answer, I think he will.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I'm not sure Soy and Mag can play together. Need one CB who'll happily stay back. I guess we could tell Soy not to venture towards. We'll probably go for Evans and Soyuncu in one match and Morgan and Maguire in another.

How about we just tell Maguire to stay back and to stop giving the ball away in the other half of the pitch as well?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, mancunianfox said:

How about we just tell Maguire to stay back and to stop giving the ball away in the other half of the pitch as well?

Seems to simple. Surely splashing out 100 million on a new defender is the only answer.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

First unchanged team selection this season? Is that right if so then I hope we see some consistency in the performance .. hopefully he goes with it.

Will be a tough game if we can keep a.clean sheet then we should come away with 3 points as I think we will score 1 or 2

We've seriously not gone unchanged all season?

I'd stick with it. It worked. Fulham will give us chances as well.

If it wasn't for the Ranieri factor I would fancy us to win this, but I can just see something daft happening that hands Fulham the win.

8 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Looked like Vardy pulled up after one run and was limping. If he's injured, come in Nachoman, might be good for him against a defence like Fulham's - fill his boots and get a bit of confidence back. 

Otherwise, pretty much the same team

he is too lazy for me, never jumps when started

4 hours ago, mancunianfox said:

Agreed,  in fact I'd go as far as to say we've looked better defensively without Maguire, controversial I know. If he's not 100% no need to rush him back for this. Morgan despite his detractors has been playing well with for me, Evans as our now most consistent defender. Wouldn't be upset with Evans and Soyuncu for this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

We've seriously not gone unchanged all season?

I'd stick with it. It worked. Fulham will give us chances as well.

If it wasn't for the Ranieri factor I would fancy us to win this, but I can just see something daft happening that hands Fulham the win.

Once I think Newcastle which we won then the next game Everton lost that's the only time.

I do class Fulham as a bogie team esp at there ground that was when we was shit though, hoping we can keep it tight but they could easily score on there day.

I think any combination will work at the back, although I have a suspicion that we might see Simpson in the shop s for Ranieri.

We need to win this one to keep the momentum going before all the big teams turn up. 

Although they will have the bounce factor U still think we'll have enough for the win.

At the end of the day these have been abysmal so far. We need to overlook the fact Claudio is managing them and concentrate on our attributes. I fully expect another performance and 3 points. The players and us as fans can pay homage to Ranieri after the match when we have the result in the bag.