Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Spurs 0-2 Post Match Thread

53 minutes ago, VIKTOR-LE5 said:

Be content with mediocrity no chance mate, but i want Leicester to go down as greats before my times up and after, we all have different ambitions if  you had your way we'd be league one still.

We've already established ourselves as greats when we won the league you muppet. At what point would you be happy? If we were like man city would you get pissy because they lost today? I'm not trying to say we are world beaters, we're clearly lacking class but to carry on like we're doomed is such an immature opinion considering against those below us we have held our own... Christ we have just been on the longest no loss run since we won the league... Like it or not, the league position is reflective of our standing in the league

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Do you think we look like a 9th place team? Do you think we deserve to be? Do you honestly believe we will stay there? I really don't. Other teams are finding form and we are going backwards.

I do actually.  This is our first defeat in 7 and we have been in an around this position all season and we;re nearly half way.

It’s sad to see what’s become of us. There’s no reason at all why we can’t be rubbing shoulders with the likes of Spurs. We’ve completely regressed into a dull mediocre side that’s probably going to stick to mid table like glue. Today we rolled over and allowed a weakened spurs team to pan us. It’s some thing we do against all of the top sides, a little bit of huffing and puffing and then we fold. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, murphy said:

I do actually.  This is our first defeat in 7 and we have been in an around this position all season and we;re nearly half way.

Why do people insist on banding this 1 loss in 7 shite around like we won the other 6 and were unlucky to lose today? How many were either 0-0 or 1-1 draws and how many did we actually play well in?  

Had a few jars so excuse the repetition / spelling. 

I'm so indifferent to everything at the moment. Puel goes and I'll not be bothered, his replacement comes in and I'll feel the same.

We're just boring. Being rooted in 20th under Nige I cared. Is it the players or is this what comes with being midtable? I guess by its very nature its inconsistent but it just feels so uninspiring and tepid at the moment.

I can't say i feel strongly about the manger either way which is definitely the first time in my lifetime I've said that. He clearly doesn't want us playing like we've just woken up and I worry for us if we go down a short term fix route, there's a clearly some logic behind the direction we're going in terms of squad age and recruitment, but if he went, would I be arsed?  I wouldn't – which is strange in the PL era of instant gratification.

I think we need to realise we aren't a mess by any means, there are fanbases more sane than ours going nuts every week at what they have to put up with – but a season ticket under Puel represents shit value. We simply aren't entertaining.

• Like 4

Reading the starting XI, I thought Puel set us up well. Spurs generally attack through the middle so 3 CMs was probably the right choice. However I probably would’ve started Shinji over Ian, as he was immense when he came on against Fulham.

Performance was average in the first half. We defended well but didn’t create a lot. And then obviously conceding before half time wasn’t ideal.

Second half we started a lot better and started to play some decent stuff. Ian looked sharper so clearly the half time team talk worked. However, the timing of the subs was strange. We started to gather momentum and I think the subs ruined that. I also think it was a mistake taking Iborra off and not putting Shinji on.

I still believe in what Puel is doing and think he’s been hard done by in recent weeks. However, I do feel his subs cost us getting anything from the game today so understand fans’ frustrations. Having said that, we are still 9th in the league and coming up to halfway through the season. We’re still in the League Cup and Europe is still in our sights. It’s not all doom and gloom!

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

Not quite fair, Ricardo is an upgrade on Simpson, Evans Soy and Benkovic are all better than aged and injured Huth and Benaloune, where the the recruitment team (Puel doesn’t buy the players) didn’t succeed was to replace Mahrez - and we weren’t ever going going to get a like for like replacement but I’d have liked for something more than Ghezzal, fact is we lost a player that contributed to 40% of our goals that’s always going to have an affect, very much a work in progress to fix that id say

Evans is at the fag end of his career, Soy we haven't seen enough of and to be honest he looked pretty shaky against Fulham and Benkovic hasn't even played a game for us yet. And Ricardo simply isn't a defender and gets done more often than not in the right back position. And as for Iheanacho, even Slimani was better than him.

2 hours ago, justfoxes said:

just watched MOTD definitely unlucky infront of goal some great passes just no one to apply the finishing touch !!

Defending for Ali’s goal was a bit awol and looked rather a touch offside were really missing Vardy when he’s injured we need to fill that void can we find a replacement someone to accompany him when he’s not fit ?

we definitely could have shared the points if we would have had a fully fit side but puell needs to find a few decent players to strengthen us in January!

I watched the whole game live and believe me we did not have any kind of hard luck. We deserved nothing out of the game and that is what we got. Spurs never had to break into a sweat. After they scored the first goal everyone in the ground knew that was the end of the game. Don't take any notice of MOTD highlights they are nowhere near the truth.  

3 hours ago, Mint23 said:

I was underwhelmed at his appointment and have a friend that’s a Southampton season ticket holder. He told me Puel would play slow boring football, wouldn’t create and score enough goals especially at home and the stadium would be empty week in week out at 85mins.

Slow boring football - check

No chances, goals or wins at home - check

Fans leaving early - check.

Southampton were right. Puel is cancer, he started their decline and will start ours. He must be a much better interviewee than manager.

Edited by Arriba Los Zorros
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bunyip said:

Evans is at the fag end of his career, Soy we haven't seen enough of and to be honest he looked pretty shaky against Fulham and Benkovic hasn't even played a game for us yet. And Ricardo simply isn't a defender and gets done more often than not in the right back position. And as for Iheanacho, even Slimani was better than him.

Clearly we disagree. But just to clarify you’d have started Benaloune and Simpson over Evans and Ricardo against Spurs?

It gets worse........Just seen this on Leicester City News Now.   They are getting desperate up there to retain Benko.    May get amended before the UK  wakes up but some twat published this.

CELTIC were simply sensational in the first 45 minutes at Celtic Park this afternoon, totally blowing League leaders Leicester City away with four wonderful goals – and it could have been more!

Kieran Tierney was missing from the squad due to illness and that meant Emilio Izaguirre started and it looked like the perfect occasion for him right from the kick-off.

Cue the idiot poster with "we move on".

Our football is a mirror image of our manager. Insipid, uncharismatic, predictable and frightfully boring. Southampton didn't get rid because they had unrealistic expectations, they got rid because attendances were down and the fans were bored to death .

The system is entirely predictable. Puels mission to transform our style of play has been successfull, we have gone from an exciting counter attacking side who teams figure out easily to a dull sideways tika takka flat side who teams figure out easily. Ironically though hardly any of the goals we have scored this season from open play are a result of the latter; the team occasionally steps away from this 'Pueldom' and plays naturally.

Two defensive midfielders who create nothing, talk of "overlaps" down the wings, "cutbacks" and "early crosses". It's an entirely dull and predictable system which will yield, as I have said since pre season, nothing less than an equal measure of win, lose and draw come end of season. To those who gladly accepts such mediocrity, why?

4 hours ago, Bunyip said:

Right so who apart from Maddison who has he brought that was any better than we already had ?

Benkovic, Ward, Ricardo, Evans, Soyuncu and Ghezzal. 

All of his summer signings.

Benkovic is being described by Celtic fans as the best player they’ve had since VVD we all know how he turned out. Obviously benkovic hasn’t played in the prem yet so only time will tell.

Ward has already won us 2 penalty shootouts so I’d say that’s a pretty decent signing.

Ricardo arguably one of our most in form players atm.

Evans steadied the ship at the back whilst maguire has been injured, not saying he’s the best CB ever but he’s done a job.

Soyuncu obviously being introduced slowly into the team, made the mistake for the Fulham goal but is still learning.

Ghezzal hasn’t obviously hit the ground running but gives us something else on the wing, he’s not pacey like gray or diabate and he doesn’t just cross like albrighton. He’s good at keeping possession and holding up the ball and has a bit of a (dare I say it) mahrezesque dribbling style and left foot. Now I obviously do not think he is as good as mahrez but you’ve got to give players time to adjust and find their feet in the team.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Langston said:

Had a few jars so excuse the repetition / spelling. 

I'm so indifferent to everything at the moment. Puel goes and I'll not be bothered, his replacement comes in and I'll feel the same.

We're just boring. Being rooted in 20th under Nige I cared. Is it the players or is this what comes with being midtable? I guess by its very nature its inconsistent but it just feels so uninspiring and tepid at the moment.

I can't say i feel strongly about the manger either way which is definitely the first time in my lifetime I've said that. He clearly doesn't want us playing like we've just woken up and I worry for us if we go down a short term fix route, there's a clearly some logic behind the direction we're going in terms of squad age and recruitment, but if he went, would I be arsed?  I wouldn't – which is strange in the PL era of instant gratification.

I think we need to realise we aren't a mess by any means, there are fanbases more sane than ours going nuts every week at what they have to put up with – but a season ticket under Puel represents shit value. We simply aren't entertaining.

Agree with pretty much every word of this. I spent the entire day not wanting to go, expecting us not to concede four or five but definitely not scoring. I drag myself down there and low and behold they score and the game is over. It's all so... mediocre, and as each game passes I'm stunned at how paper thin our squad is.

This might have been what it was like under O'Neill in the halcyon days of 1996-2000. There were long spells of winless runs under him, inspired with cup runs, but maybe there was more of a novelty with that. I think anyone with knowledge of our squad would look and be excited for the future with the players we have out on loan, the prospects that are looking to come through in addition to some solid recruiting and shipping out of crap. If that's going to be a long-term thing then so be it, it'll come; but my god the process to get there is quite painful.

The point about value, entertainment etc is absolutely right. I'm not enjoying attending matches at the minute. Other sports on TV have captured me. I'm fizzing with excitement for upcoming American & College football matches in the upcoming weeks. Any Leicester match I'd usually look forward to, but not right now. They're a weight around my neck; an obstacle, a chore. It's tiring and exhausting to go to matches.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Foxboy said:

Benkovic, Ward, Ricardo, Evans, Soyuncu and Ghezzal. 

All of his summer signings.

Benkovic is being described by Celtic fans as the best player they’ve had since VVD we all know how he turned out. Obviously benkovic hasn’t played in the prem yet so only time will tell.

Ward has already won us 2 penalty shootouts so I’d say that’s a pretty decent signing.

Ricardo arguably one of our most in form players atm.

Evans steadied the ship at the back whilst maguire has been injured, not saying he’s the best CB ever but he’s done a job.

Soyuncu obviously being introduced slowly into the team, made the mistake for the Fulham goal but is still learning.

Ghezzal hasn’t obviously hit the ground running but gives us something else on the wing, he’s not pacey like gray or diabate and he doesn’t just cross like albrighton. He’s good at keeping possession and holding up the ball and has a bit of a (dare I say it) mahrezesque dribbling style and left foot. Now I obviously do not think he is as good as mahrez but you’ve got to give players time to adjust and find their feet in the team.

Yes, While I am not convinced by Ghezzal, he did alright as a number 10. So far Puel looks like he is good at player transfers. 

Our expensive transfter flops, Nacho, Slimani, Silva, Musa were all under the old regime. 

I hate losing to Spurs, or indeed anyone, but what choice did he have for a striker when Vardy is injured? 

We are a team rebuilding, and unfinished, but we need to stick with Puel and do good business in Jan, selling as well as buying. 

Putting matches at 1945 on a Saturday night a couple of weeks before Christmas is crap, and I hate it. 

A weeks rest and Jamie back for Palace, I hope. Their home record is poor this season. I want 3 points. 

• Like 1